“Best atmosphere”
Review of Dolphin View Seafood - CLOSED

Dolphin View Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Edgewater, Florida
“Best atmosphere”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Come here for the view, but not so much for the food. The fish is good, but I've never really had anything spectacular. It's great for lunch when it's not too hot, and it can be fun to come and have some beers and watch all the pelicans. The best thing on the menu are the onions rings and fried scallops.

NSB
“Great View Incredible Eats”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I was raised in NSB and remember what the Sea Harvest offered. After the Sea Harvest changed hands the product provided was insulting compared to days of past. The good news is the Sea Harvest has once again changed hands and is now callled the Dolphin View. This review is taken from eating at the Dolphin View at least 6 times. The portions provided are equal to or exceed the what I remeber from the original Sea Harvest. I've had: fish wraps, grouper BLT, calmstrips, grouper sandwich both grilled and fried (I prefer the fried but the grilled is really tasty) and scallops and have never gone away un-happy. The tarter sauce, cole slaw, hush puppies and cocktail sauce are all very good. The previous review indicated the sauces were not very good so I'm thinking the reviewer is not from Florida and has no idea what homemade sauce is supposed to taste like. Bottom line is you'll love the food and more than likely leave with a doggy bag.

As for the view, what more could you want. I've never finished a meal without seeing dolphins swim by. Just the environment alone is a treat and something I look forward to. I highly reccomend the Dolphin View to both tourists and locals. If you visit New Smyrna and do not at least stop by your missing a very special part of our town.

New Smyrna Beach
“Wow, good food and wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Had the grouper BLT sandwich and my wife had the Fish and Scallops dinner. Both where excellent. We sat right on the water front. The only draw back was the cold weather. They did have an enclosed seating area but we really wanted to sit right next to the water. There is no wait service here. It's like McDonalds except they bring you your food when it's ready. The staff was very friendly.

New Smyrna Beach, FL
“Not the best food I ever ate.”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I went for take-out only and had scallops and oysters (without sides). Guess I shoulda asked -- the scallops are bay scallops, not sea scallops. These were okay, but nothing special. The oysters were also unremarkable. All was fried. The tartar sauce was passable, but not special. The cocktail sauce was red -- if you want real cocktail sauce, you better go to the grocery store. The sandwich prices run from $7 to $10; dinners from $10 to $13; and just fish $7 to $10. I can't comment on the fish or sides, but the oysters, scallops, tartar and cocktail sauce will keep me from going back. It's a far cry from the old Sea Harvest.

1 Thank shlmstr