“Gross”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It's beachside next to Publix
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Words cannot describe how dirty and dank this den of crap really is. Anyone who would return to this place would have to be out of their mind. Horrible service in a horrible environment with the most god awful "entrees" in the developed world. I'd rather eat at a Chili's- CHILI'S!!!
I would give this dive a lower score, if possible. There's an Outback Steakhouse right up the street and they are light years better than this joke of a restaurant.
My ribs were the driest, most horrid thing I've ever seen anyone serve. Burnt to a crisp on the bottom, they tasted like hot beef jerky. Very salty. My fiancee's steak was overcooked as well. Probably a good thing in this dump, Tough, overseasoned, amateur attempt at cooking, in my opinion.
The place was good 10+ years ago. But I will not be going back.
Total Fail!

3  Thank charles b

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have been coming to New Smyrna Steakhouse for years and I am very disappointed at the quality of food and service has become over the years. It has declined in quality of staff and definately in the quality of the food. I had the ribs, which had a nice flavor but were very fatty. My wife had a steak and it was so tough you could hardly eat it. What a shame, once a great restaurant. Something is wrong.....

1  Thank CUB45
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our food was very good at this place. Our kids got chicken fingers and fries, of course, but my husband and I both ordered steaks. They were cooked to order, and the mashed potatoes came with mushroom gravy which was delicious. The salad came with cranberries and cashews. Yum! Great experience :)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food is always good.Not the best ribs around but good.The place is getting a little drabby inside..

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited your resturant on 10/7/13.We had a party of 10,we called 10minutes ahead of our arrivial & requested a table for 10 which was ready for us when we arrived.
The waiter we had was very helpful and understanding(we had several eldery people in our party).I believe he was the best anywhere. waiter I've ever had anywhere.
The food was excellent and reasonibly priced.