“Execellant will be back”

New Smyrna Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: It's beachside next to Publix
Reviewed July 28, 2013

While on vacation in July we ate here for dinner. We split a new york strip dinner. They divided it into two plates. That was very nice of them! We also got extra sides. The steak was really good! There was plenty sharing a dinner. For dessert we got a berry cheescake. Wow was that good! We will be back.
I got a coupon for $5.00 from signing up on there website.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We eat here every summer when we stay at the beach for a week or two and usually come two or three times. Happy hour until 7 pm is great ($2.50 martini's, what??) My kids like the baby back ribs, mac and cheese and creamed spinach. The steaks are also really good. The servers are nice and the ambience is above average for NSB.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My family and I had an excellent dinner here. My husband and I had perfectly cooked steaks with great sides. The service was spot on.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I saw that this restaurant was rated as NSB's best steakhouse. I ordered the Prime rib special - rare. It was brought to me medium-well. Our waitress acknowledged this and apologized, then said there were no more less cooked cuts of the prime rib. I then requested the rib eye ( my husband had received his rib eye and it looked good - about an inch thick). After a while my "rib eye" was brought out. It was about 1/2 inch thick, and as I was cutting it, I found that it was mostly fat, about 1/2 the piece of meat was big sections of fat that I could actually cut away (not marbling). I showed this to the waitress, who took my plate to show to the manager. Our waitress returned and told us that we would 30% taken off our tab. We really felt that the entire price of my meal should have been deducted from the check. Especially since the prime rib was the 'special" and the rib eye was quite a bit more in price. The manager came over to our table and apologized, but did not offer any other adjustments. I told him that I didn't feel that this restaurant lived up to their claim as best steakhouse in NSB and that we would not return. The next night we had a great steak experience at The Outback Steakhouse up the street!

1  Thank Nolatola
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We liked it so much the first time that we dined there twice! Webb and Jimmy were both great waiters. The food was delivered in a reasonable amount of time, too.