“Our family's favorite vacation restaurant”

New Smyrna Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It's beachside next to Publix
Winter Park, Florida
“Our family's favorite vacation restaurant”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We eat here every summer when we stay at the beach for a week or two and usually come two or three times. Happy hour until 7 pm is great ($2.50 martini's, what??) My kids like the baby back ribs, mac and cheese and creamed spinach. The steaks are also really good. The servers are nice and the ambience is above average for NSB.

Ripley, West Virginia
“Great Steaks”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My family and I had an excellent dinner here. My husband and I had perfectly cooked steaks with great sides. The service was spot on.

Florida
“Bad experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I saw that this restaurant was rated as NSB's best steakhouse. I ordered the Prime rib special - rare. It was brought to me medium-well. Our waitress acknowledged this and apologized, then said there were no more less cooked cuts of the prime rib. I then requested the rib eye ( my husband had received his rib eye and it looked good - about an inch thick). After a while my "rib eye" was brought out. It was about 1/2 inch thick, and as I was cutting it, I found that it was mostly fat, about 1/2 the piece of meat was big sections of fat that I could actually cut away (not marbling). I showed this to the waitress, who took my plate to show to the manager. Our waitress returned and told us that we would 30% taken off our tab. We really felt that the entire price of my meal should have been deducted from the check. Especially since the prime rib was the 'special" and the rib eye was quite a bit more in price. The manager came over to our table and apologized, but did not offer any other adjustments. I told him that I didn't feel that this restaurant lived up to their claim as best steakhouse in NSB and that we would not return. The next night we had a great steak experience at The Outback Steakhouse up the street!

1 Thank Nolatola
Dupo
“Great steaks!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We liked it so much the first time that we dined there twice! Webb and Jimmy were both great waiters. The food was delivered in a reasonable amount of time, too.

Logan, West Virginia
“Sandy M”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had visited this restaurant for the first time and it was awesome. I called in advance to let them know that we were arriving at a certain time and we had a party of thirteen. When we arrived the table was set and we were greeted as if we was royalty. The service was outstanding and the food was fantastic. The chocolate cake was amazing. If we visit this area again , this will be my first choice of restaurant. I have visited other restaurant's in the area and this is the best!!!

• Visited June 2013