“good selection, attentive server, good prices”

New Smyrna Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: It's beachside next to Publix
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Six of us went for dinner on Mar 16-end of Bike Week. The restaurant was busy, but service was good and we were seated quickly. The menu selections were varied--we had appetizers-highly recommend the melted fontina and spinach-artichoke dip. The spring rolls filled with shredded pork were excellent. Ceasar Salads were also very good. Entrees ranged from pork chops to garlic shrimp with pasta. All diners were happy. It's a pleasure to find such a good restaurant so close to our rental property.

1  Thank Georgia H

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The restaraunt has a great feel and the smell outside in the parking lot is very enchanting....the smell of real charcoal grilling. The prices are great and the service is with a smile.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Last evening my wife and I visited for the first time looking for a good steak. There are many very good restaurants in the NSB area and this one certainly ranks high. Our server was Paulette and she was outstanding. She was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Our food was served in a timely fashion and it was very good. A manager came by every table to assure customer satisfaction which does not happen regularly at other New Smyrna restaurants. Overall, a great visit which will bring us back when looking for a good steak. It should be noted that they have many selections if you are looking for something OTHER than steak.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Due to the high winds, we were running to the door when we were greeted with an open door and a gracious hello....hard to come by these days!
We were seated almost immediately, menu presented and drinks ordered. The waitress was phenomenal, personable and a bit witty. The service was great, the prime rib and pork chops were delicious. The prime rib was so tender that we could cut it with a fork!
I recommend this steakhouse and will visit again when we return from the north,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Last night we went to New Smyrna Steakhouse for the second time in 2 weeks......which is rare for us because we like to rotate the many wonderful restaurants that New Smyrna Beach has to offer. On our previous visit, my husband had Prime Rib and I had BBQ ribs. Both were delicious, as were the sweet potatoes fries. When I tasted his Prime Rib that first visit, I decided immediately that we must return so I can order them next time. We were not disappointed when we returned last night. After about a 25 minute wait, my husband enjoyed a terrific NY Strip steak and I had the best Prime Rib ever! I also loved the onion crisps that came with his steak. Now I only mention this to emphasize just how tender both his NY Strip and my Prime Rib were: I have a gastric band (which has helped me lose 50 lbs so far) and thus I cannot swallow any meat, especially chicken, if it is not EXCEPTIONALLY TENDER!. Both the prime rib and the steak were so tender that you could cut them with a butter knife! So I was able to enjoy this wonderful meal, even though I am "banded." Our servers were very nice both visits! There was a line up yesterday -- which indicates to me that New Smyrna Steakhouse must be doing something right! The "early bird menu" is incorporated into the regular menu and marked with a flame symbol. If you order one of those marked dishes between 4 and 6 pm, it will be discounted by 10%. Many senior snowbirds take advantage of the early bird dishes. We went around 7:00 pm to avoid the "early bird crowd". Hint: Although this restaurant does not take reservations, they advised me to call 10 minutes prior to leaving home to see if there is a line up and for how long. The first Thursday that we went, we called ahead and did not wait at all. Yesterday, we did NOT call ahead and waited about 25 minutes. However, the wonderful food was worth the wait!