“Excellent First Visit”

New Smyrna Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It's beachside next to Publix
Halfmoon
“Excellent First Visit”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Last evening my wife and I visited for the first time looking for a good steak. There are many very good restaurants in the NSB area and this one certainly ranks high. Our server was Paulette and she was outstanding. She was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Our food was served in a timely fashion and it was very good. A manager came by every table to assure customer satisfaction which does not happen regularly at other New Smyrna restaurants. Overall, a great visit which will bring us back when looking for a good steak. It should be noted that they have many selections if you are looking for something OTHER than steak.

• Visited March 2013

Victor
“Great Prime Rib, Excellent Pork Chops”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Due to the high winds, we were running to the door when we were greeted with an open door and a gracious hello....hard to come by these days!
We were seated almost immediately, menu presented and drinks ordered. The waitress was phenomenal, personable and a bit witty. The service was great, the prime rib and pork chops were delicious. The prime rib was so tender that we could cut it with a fork!
I recommend this steakhouse and will visit again when we return from the north,

• Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful Prime Rib; great steak!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Last night we went to New Smyrna Steakhouse for the second time in 2 weeks......which is rare for us because we like to rotate the many wonderful restaurants that New Smyrna Beach has to offer. On our previous visit, my husband had Prime Rib and I had BBQ ribs. Both were delicious, as were the sweet potatoes fries. When I tasted his Prime Rib that first visit, I decided immediately that we must return so I can order them next time. We were not disappointed when we returned last night. After about a 25 minute wait, my husband enjoyed a terrific NY Strip steak and I had the best Prime Rib ever! I also loved the onion crisps that came with his steak. Now I only mention this to emphasize just how tender both his NY Strip and my Prime Rib were: I have a gastric band (which has helped me lose 50 lbs so far) and thus I cannot swallow any meat, especially chicken, if it is not EXCEPTIONALLY TENDER!. Both the prime rib and the steak were so tender that you could cut them with a butter knife! So I was able to enjoy this wonderful meal, even though I am "banded." Our servers were very nice both visits! There was a line up yesterday -- which indicates to me that New Smyrna Steakhouse must be doing something right! The "early bird menu" is incorporated into the regular menu and marked with a flame symbol. If you order one of those marked dishes between 4 and 6 pm, it will be discounted by 10%. Many senior snowbirds take advantage of the early bird dishes. We went around 7:00 pm to avoid the "early bird crowd". Hint: Although this restaurant does not take reservations, they advised me to call 10 minutes prior to leaving home to see if there is a line up and for how long. The first Thursday that we went, we called ahead and did not wait at all. Yesterday, we did NOT call ahead and waited about 25 minutes. However, the wonderful food was worth the wait!

Saratoga Springs, NY
“Fine food and a fine value.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant recently and were very pleased with the quality of the food, the service was good, and the prices are very reasonable. We liked it so much we went back for lunch a few days later, and also had a happy experience. I highly recommend for good value and a great steak!

Charlotte, Michigan
“great trip to daytona”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We came for the races this year. It was a first. Stayed at the Islander, who highly reccommended thiplace. Came in for dinner and drinks Saturday night. Very busy, had drinks at bar, then seated in the middle. Cool lighting, with horns. Food took a little long but was excellent! Manager Joe brought our food out, and apologized for the delay. Well worth the wait though. I asked for a1. He brought it, didn't need it. Offered us a desert card. We will definately be returning in a few weeks for bike week. This will be our first stop. Thanks for the special treatment Joe. Great job by our server Brian as well. See you in a couple weeks.