“Authentic for sure...”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A hidden treasure. I've been to the Tuscan region for a cooking vacation and Vincenzo's is a little piece of Italy here in Pasco. However, do not go if you're a "fast food" connoisseur. They take the time to prepare each dish properly and I can tell you, Italian cooking done right...takes lots of time. Go with friends or family to make the time more enjoyable. You won't regret the time well spent. :)

1  Thank LDR11
Vincenzo P, Owner at Vincenzo's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank You very much for your glowing depiction of our restaurant. I strive to make it as you described and very happy you appreciated our efforts. We look forward to your next visit.
Grazie, Chef Vincenzo

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have driven past Vincenzo's many times and tonight we decided to eat there. We walked in and immediately liked the ambience. It reminded us of our Italian grandmother's house. The service was slow, even though there were only a couple of tables seated. When we were asked about our meals, we expressed that we did not care for the marinara on our daughter's tortellini and that it was bitter. We overheard our waitress telling the host but no one offered us a different meal or tried to make the experience better. I don't think we will eat there again just because you got the feeling that they didn't care or want you to have a better experience and there are too many dining establishments that want repeat customers. On a better note, my husband loved the cannoli's.

Vincenzo P, Owner at Vincenzo's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

First I would like to thank you for the time it takes to right a comment and glad you took a chance on visiting us. I understand the service might have been slow ( we are geared for a more leisurely dinning expeience); however I did ask both the server and the host about the dish in question. The first time the server asked how everything was she was told "fine". When she returned she noticed the dish was not eaten and asked what was wrong and told "my daughter is a finicky eater" but that the sauce was bitter. She and /or the host asked if you wanted something else and was told no. As the chef I would have been glad to make another dish possibly with the tomato sauce instead as this sauce is basil based and not oregano based as the marinara (oregano can add a tartness). Being in New Port Richey for over 22 years I would hope you would try us again. Please thank your husband for enjoying the cannoli's. Sincerely, Chef Vincenzo

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This family owned restaurant is a very pleasant alternative to the large chains. On some nights, there is live keyboard music. The atmosphere is romantic for couples, and quiet enough for conversation with friends and business associates. The wine list is very nice and reasonable. We enjoyed the home made pastas and sauces. They are not open on Mondays and Tuesdays; call before going to check hours. This is not a fast food place. The cook will make special dishes upon request so give it a try!

1  Thank Florida_Pat2010
Vincenzo P, Owner at Vincenzo's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words; my family and I strive to make your experience a memorable one.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Even though we are Tampa Bay area locals, we stumbled upon this restaurant a recent Friday night. The entrance is wildly gaudy, a throw back to the 60's. The foyer is old but strangely adds an aura of a retro decade. This place would have been a great locale to film Donny Brasco!

So the owner, authentic Jersey (or was it Bronx) accent seats us in the back, near the quiet piano bar, no action this Friday. Of course it was 9:00 p.m. and I bet the regulars were already in bed, having taken full advantage of some early bird special we missed.

Extensive menu, typical fare. I opted for the cappelini pasta with siciliano sauce - which had generous cubes of eggplant. Delicious. But $13.95 was a bit high, I thought and $5.95 for a house red which was a scimpy pour was not acceptable.

No one at the bar, which is a full bar but again it was late and this place certainly would appeal more to the older crowd than the younger set roaming the street in NPR headed for some club blaring thumping music. Would I return - yes. Why? The food was decent and there were a few items I would like to taste. I will not order wine there however. And more importantly, because it's not a chain and it deserves to survive. In a society where we tear down the old to put up the same old, same old, Vincenzo's deserves the respect due an aged, wise and neglected member of la famiglia. Go for the atmosphere. You just don't find it like this anymore.

8  Thank myplez
Vincenzo P, Owner at Vincenzo's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for the input and giving us a try, we will try to address the wine issue and look foward to your next visit. Chef Vincenzo

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were seated in the back room when there were plenty of empty tables in the front. We waited for almost 2 hours for our food and decided to leave. We gave the owner $25 for our ice teas, 2 glasses of Chablis, salad, bread, and appetizer. As we were leaving, the owner came to our car and demanded more money or he would call the Police!! He figured we owed $5 more, which we paid. We are newly retired residents of New Port Richey. My husband and I frequently entertained clients to dinner in Miami, Fl. for his business. We have never been treated in such a rude and embarassing manner as this. We will never patronize Vincenzo's Ristorante again, and will tell everyone we meet about our horrendous experience at Vicenzo's Ristorante!!!!

8  Thank kay m