“i love th ramada” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in New Port Richey
florida
“i love th ramada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

as dick vitale once said It's awesome baby!!!! i stayed at the ramada with my wife just to get away for a little while. And i was very impressed with the way the room was it had a very nice smell when we walked in the staff was very pleasant the morning breakfast was delicious and the bed was very comfortable so if you're ever in the area for what ever reason i would definitely recommend the ramada inn bayside.

• Liked — The room and view
  • Disliked — The breakfast wasnt free
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

If you are only interested in the accomodation, it,s a dump.Smelly room, peeling wallpaper,dirty carpet. the air-con could not cope with the outside temp, i could go on but i am too tired through lack of sleep. However the view over the marina is lovely and the swimming pool very large for a motel, also motel is close to many restuarants. i paid 80 dollars for a Friday night, then found breakfast was an extra 5 dollars. Overall i would suggest looking elsewhere if you desire comfort and security, there is a Quality Inn further up the road, opposit a Cracker Barrel

• Liked — Swimming pool
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2008

This is the SECOND WORST PLACE I ever almost stayed. We were moving from California and were just getting off a 3,000 mile road trip with our cat,. Wow, we thought we scored with a reasonably priced hotel right next to the water and they took pets. As we were going to our room we wondered why it was empty and it was a little run down and looked like it was from the 70's.

The room was sparse and right when we walked in we saw a palmetto near the front door. Usually, that would send me running, but it was late about 9:30 pm. and we didn't want to look for another place cause we had our cat. I took a shower, got out and saw another palmetto. I told my husband just keep the luggage zipped up and all of our stuff inside and we will look for another place in the morning. As I was unwinding in bed, a palmetto crawled in between the sheets. I jumped out of bed and got dressed! It was a horrible infestation, mating season!

By 11:00 pm, 1 1/2 hours past checking in, I was sitting in the car waiting for my husband to check us out. I didn't care if I had to sleep in the car, I wasn't sleeping with the palmettos. He said that the front desk understood and very kindly gave us a refund.

We lucked out and found the Tahitian Best Western down the street. No bugs, friendly and great breakfast.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Palmettos
  • Stayed February 2004, traveled as a couple
Placitas, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008

We were visiting friends in Tarpon Springs, and in shopping around on-line for a place to stay, I came across the Ramada. Surprisingly, there really isn't a great selection of places to stay around Tarpon or New Port Richey. And those that are there are a little pricey. The description of the Ramada sounded OK, the price was good, and I booked it for two nights. I checked in late after driving a long way, and I didn't want to look around for another hotel; the only reason we didn't leave when we first walked into the room. We checked out after the first night. This facility appears to have been an old Holiday Inn or something. And in its day it was probably pretty nice, as one side of it does face a small marina. There's a sorry old pool area that is (currently?) drained and closed for swimming. In the room, the bedroom area was almost passable. The rug had numerous stains and was way overdue for replacing. But I can overlook a worn rug. The A/C unit worked adequately but it was very loud. The real issue was the bathroom. Next to the sink, there was a very dirty ironing board that was broken and could not be closed, and it was set up under the clothes-hanging rack. I had to move it so we could hang clothes. So there it sat, gracing the spot under the bureau mirror (no bureau). After checking in at night, the water in the shower barely got luke warm, but by morning the temperature was OK. The bathroom and its outside vanity area were the primary turn-off. Not only was it dated, but beat, like something you'd find in an old gas station. Peeling paint, crooked toilet seat, and a tub and tile walls that looked scummy and unscrubbed, with some mold. Junky, industrial-looking flourescent light fixtures were crudely patched in on the ceilings. We weren't even tempted to have breakfast there, since at night the dining area is a very loud, redneck bar. The young lady at the desk was so sweet and lovely, I did not go into any detail about why we chose to check out early. She did not seem surprised with my decision, though.

• Liked — Nice young lady at the desk.
  • Disliked — Its overall condition.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelin_Bear
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2008

I wrote the following letter first to the customer service department of the hotel chain, then to Mr. Keith Pierce, group president of Wyndham Hotel Group, who oversees the brand, Ramada's one brand. It is now 2-25-08 and nobody has responded. It is obvious that they could care less about the experience that customers have. If they do not care anymore about this experience, then I'm sure they could care less about the experience that a customer/owner/guest has with Wyndham. The following is the letter that I wrote first to the hotel comments, then to Mr. Keith Pierce.

Dear Mr. Pierce:

I recently stayied in a Ramada Inn and was very dissatisfied with the stay. I went to your online form on Monday, 2-4-08 and wrote up the following complaint. It is now Tuesday, 2-12-08 and I have not heard anything from anyone! I can't understand why someone would not have responded back by now. Please read my original letter below.

My mother-in-law booked our stay here based on my choice via the internet so we could attend my mothers funeral. The room was booked under Patricia Miller. The outside of the hotel looked at best, fair. The person at the front desk was very confused about our reservations. We checked in about 1:30 EST 2-01-08. She had requested a room with a microwave and fridge. We carried our luggage and children up to the room on the second floor to find this room did not have that. We then carried all of the stuff down the stairs and put it back into our car. We then drove back to the front desk and my wife went back in. The person told her we would have to stay in that room but some guy would bring us a microwave and fridge this evening. Now we had to drive back to the parking area by the room, unload the car and kids, then carry everything back up stairs to the room. The room number was 221. During our two day stay in that room we found many disgusting/filthy conditions. The bed spreads were pathetically filthy. If you looked at the reverse side of them, there were all kinds of gross sticky areas and dirty areas that would have come out if it had been washed in the last six months. The wood below the sink was all curved and wobbling. The bathroom door probably has never closed. I used to be a carpenter and I know how a door should fit so it can close. This door was at least 3/4 on an inch larger than the door frame. We had to tell our children to go sit on the filthy beds when we went to the bathroom so they didn't accidentally see in. Even the toilet paper holder was installed at an angle. On the first morning I was there, I went to make a fresh cup of coffee. I picked up one the coffee cups that came with the room and it still had coffee residue from the previous guest. I checked the other cups and even the clear glass cups were not clean. The curtains had to have suit cases pressed against so they could close enough so nobody could see in. On the door side of the curtains, we had to open the door, put the edge of the curtain in the door frame, then close the door to close that gap. You could see a very large gap on the right side of the a/c unit, enough to see outside. If you can see that well outside, imagine what can get in. The carpeting was just as filthy. After a very, very short period of time of my family walking on it in our socks, they were disgustingly filthy. Some of the dresser drawers would not even open and the others fell forward as soon as you got it about half way out. We have allergies and the room also had a smell of mold. The drain would not work. The handle was disconnected from the plunger. My wife had to unscrew the little plastic top off of the plunger so the water could drain down at a reasonable rate. If water splashed near the bath tub faucet while you were bathing, big chunks of black mold would come out. On the bed nearest the door the right leg of the bed frame nearest the headboard was bent at a 30-45 degree angle significantly subjecting someone the injuring themselves. I have stayed in many hotels before in many different price ranges. Some were far less than what was paid for this, but this was by far the worst and most disgusting hotel experience I have ever had. Please do not offer to refund my money as I did not pay for this, my mother-in-law did, but we were the ones stuck staying there. I am still grieving my mother's death and I have not decided how far I am going to go with this, but no unsuspecting consumers should ever have to deal with this from a "name brand" hotel.

Do you think I will ever stay in another Ramada Inn again?????

Please feel free to call me as I will gladly describe any portion of this in great detail.

I know this sounds pretty incredible so just make a surprise visit to that room. You will see as I did, as previous guests have, and as future guest will.

• Liked — Nothing, the worst hotel I ever stayed in
  • Disliked — It was pathetic
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Gurnee, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2008

We booked this hotel based upon the web pictures. Upon arrival, we knew immediately this was a mistake. We tried to find another hotel, but, being Presidents' Day weekend, we had no luck.

The best description is SHABBY. This is a 30 year-old + former Holiday Inn that probably needs to be bulldozed. Our room, 120, had a filthy shower curtiain, missing tiles in the tub/shower, holes in thw wall, a faucet that runs 24/7, a toilet that threatened to overflow with every flush and wouldn't empty without being flushed multiple times. The door had a full length water stain. The auto closing mechanism didn't work, forcing you to slam it shut, and it put a hole it the top of the oppisite wall. All the walls have deep gouges from the furniture rubbing against them and need to be painted/washed. Electric sockets didn't work, light fixtures had warn out bulbs, but the TV was fine. Wow!

As for the public areas, they were as bad. The "heated pool" wasn't; the restaurant's idea of a "Buffet Breakfast" was a joke, consisting of an poor continental spread and an order of eggs from the kitchen. As far as housekeeping, they failed to clean our room on Sunday, saying we had the Do Not Disturb sign up when they went by. We didn't, and they failed to recheck, saying trhat's their policy! Their attitude on all these shortcomings was one of indifference - the front desk didn't want to hear any of it!

We've been traveling for 38 years to a lot of places and this is the worst place we've ever had the misfortune to stay at. At $87/night, this is a huge ripoff. Our advice - STAY AWAY!

• Liked — the tv
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caxyfan
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2007

This hotel has had a bad rap. We were there in February 2007. There is much upgrading going on as far as the exterior and rooms. Our room was on the bayside, a beautiful view, and the room was neat and clean. The bathroom was pristine and the beds comfortable. We would stay here again without a second thought. It has an extraordinary potential when all the improvements are done.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — No internet service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Howard Johnson Port Richey
#4 of 7 in Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey? Share your experiences!