“my stay at ramada bayside”

Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in New Port Richey
NEW PORT RICHEY
“my stay at ramada bayside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had a great time!!! The room was wonderful. great view of the bay. also a great irish pub located off the lobby, Sassy O Sheas!!!! can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Cynthia K
RamadaInnBayside, Director of Sales at Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
We strive to exceed the expectations of each and every guest. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Sassy O'Shea's is a new addition to our hotel, we are pleased to have them with us. The restaurant will also be re-opening under the same management as Sassy O'Shea's on Saturday 10/6/12. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I like this hotel the room super clean and the service room lady super nice and the girl in the front desck also was nice The pool is clean and my son and I have very good time here If you are looking for hotel on New Port Richey this is very good place to state

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marcela c
We are so happy to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay and would like to return next year. We try to exceed the expectations of each and every guest to make their stay special in some little way. Your kind words have been an encouragement to our entire staff. We can't wait to see you again!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you want a hotel with no bed bugs this place had none. If you want a pretty boat slip it has one. As for the other details it must be described as dingy. Very old. Very very very old. If you don't have a pet the front half will let you stay in the renovated rooms that cost more. The bill for a night is 69.50 for the old rooms that allow pets. Plan to eat breakfast out.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Winkydinkydooooo
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I always did my research before I booked a hotel. So when I went to New Port Richey the first time, I chose Quality Inn and it was ... um ... pretty bad (I have also reviewed on it). The second time I went to New Port Richey, I decided to try Ramada which was just across the street less than a minute away. Check-in was smooth. My room was on the 2nd floor facing the side street. It was quiet. However, my husband wanted a balcony for fresh air so we changed to a room facing the bay. Both rooms were newly renovated with nice decor. Very clean, toiletries were of good quality. There was no partition between rooms on the balcony so privacy might be an issue, but it was summer so the hotel was not busy. Hot breakfast was served but it was not impressive. We ate there only once for our 3-night stay.

A tip for people who can't stand noise: stay away from pool area because despite the pool was supposedly closed late at night, people still hang out there and I was told that hotels in the area have 'long-stay package for locals'.

All-in-all, Ramada is a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank I_Am_Methodical
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed in their newly added rooms. The view on balcony was very nice overlooking the pool and the waterway that lead to the sea. The staff was very nice. The pool was great! My two kids love it. We love the thai restaurant next door. They had some great food. Our overall experience with this hotel was great! We will stay here again if we come back to Tampa for another vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fairmount, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed in the "New" rooms and they had generic fixtures in the bathroom. Our room had a private balcony that was infested with ants. Our bathroom also had ants crawling all over the walls. The complimentary breakfast was not good. No variety in food and they often ran out of food. Also the toilet would often not flush and they offered no remedy. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jutta S, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We spend about 1.5million US Dollars to renovate the 52 rooms in the new section and we tried to make it very nice with granite tub surroundings, all new plumbing, all new furniture and so on, it wa a complete renovation. I am sorry if this still did not meet your standard. Concerning the breakfast, we offer three different juices, scrambeled eggs, scrambeled eggs with ham, pancakes, waffels, 4 different cerials, fruit, cookies, toast, butter, cream cheese, coffee - I am sorry if this was not sufficient for you. Besides we have good news, starting September we have a change in the restaurant. The complimentary breakfast will be supplied in the main restaurant area, not any more in the lounge and guests will have the possibility to order their eggs any style with bacon or sausage . The lunch and dinner menu will have American style food , in particular a great seafood selection.
Sincerely
Jutta Shaikh
Deltona, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Do not stay at the Ramada Inn Bayside at 5012 US hwy 19 north New Port Richey , Fl. Their rooms are full of bed bugs run as fast as you can.Desk clerk was rude. Laughed at me when I showed my Doctors note and the statement I got from him stating they where bed bug bites.

Room Tip: NO room is a good room one has bed bugs they are will have them.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,
I sincerely apologize for any inconvinience you might have had. However I can assure you, that the hotel is in no way infested by bed bugs. Bed bugs are a potential nightmare for every hotel, from 5-star hotels to economic hotels. Bed bugs have nothing to do with cleanliness, they are brought in by guests. All what hotels can do, is check rooms at every check out and if anything is noticed to call the pest control company. Housekeepers are trained and are supposed to do this. As the entire industry is talking about problems with bed bugs, the moment one guest is getting bitten by something they assume it is bed bugs, even it might be a mosquito bite from outside. We had four guests so far that thought they were bitten by bed bugs. We checked the rooms, we called the pest control company to check the rooms as well and in each case but one, we got lucklily the information that there were no bugs in the room. I can assure you that we do take this very serious, as we definitly want to avoid any spreading.
Luckliy the one case that was confirmed was in the original exterior corridor building, but it still meant a major damage for us, as we through everything away- matresses furniture and carpet and the room has been professionally treated afterwards, to avoid any infestation in walls and so on. As an additional precaution in addition to the checking by housekeepers we now implemented an additioanl monthly checking by our maintenance man of all rooms, to make sure nothing gets missed.
Front desk is supposed to take any complain like this very serious and immediately start an investigation. If anyone laughed at you, this would be totally unacceptable and I will find out what happened.
I can assure you that we are taking all methods of precaution to protect not only our guests but as well our proeprty. Hotels are not in control what is brought in by guests, but very early dedection is absolute key.
Sincerely
Howard Johnson Port Richey
#4 of 7 in Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey? Share your experiences!