“BBQ means BBQ”

Pit Boss Bar-B-Q
Ranked #13 of 235 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I are in the area for a couple of months. Every time I drove by this place I would smell the great barbecue smells coming from this little hole in the wall. One evening we went in and the place was very busy. I ordered the chicken and rib combination and I wife got the fish dinner. The cicken and ribs were excellent and the smoker grill is right behind the bar.
Her fish was OK but please remember this is a BBQ place. For me this is a keeper and they will be seeing me on a weekly basis......

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stopped in for an early dinner with the wife on a Saturday night and noted the restaurant was very busy. We were luckily seated quickly at the last open table. After we came, many others showed up and had to wait for seating. It is not a large restaurant and apparently is quite popular. Our server quickly took our drink order and the drinks arrived quickly. She then took our food order and the food arrived in good time. We both had the Carolina style chopped BBQ sandwich which came with cole slaw on the bun. We shared an order of fries and one of baked beans. The food was very good and the portions were generous. The prices were very good. It is a small thing, but though the food was hot, the bun was cold, which we did not care for. The BBQ was very close to great BBQ one would get in Eastern North Carolina and we will be going back to this restaurant for more in the future. They do have several styles of BBQ. There is a bar at the restaurant though they sell only beer and wine. Though very busy, our server checked on us frequently and did a very good job. We noted a lot of families were dining here and it appeared very family friendly. We got one of the last parking places in the parking lot but did see a sign indicating there was more parking to the rear of the restaurant.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Seriously...this bbq is the best i've had on the east coast! I have tried bbq in many states from here to Virginia. I recommend the pulled pork, onion rings, and red skin potato salad!! But everything they make is delicious!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am a local and this has been by BBQ spot for decades now. The food is awesome and homemade. Love the baked beans, slaw, and as for main course got to have the wings (dipped in sauce). I also really like the chopped pork basket.

This business also gives a lot back to the community, so apart from having a great meal, you are supporting a business that supports charitable causes!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I, my wife and our matron of honor had a pork BBQ dinner that was OK. The pulled pork was mushy and the sauce was not to my liking so we will never return, Service was fine.