Review of El Rancho Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Spanish
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Awesome food,I'll came back,
Great service, fresh homemade mexican food.the pork enchiladas are excellent,my family love this place.the best mexican restaurant in town .

• Visited October 2013

New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food,I'll came back,
Great service, fresh homemade mexican food.salsa is delicious and the pork enchiladas with salsa verde
Are the best!!!! We love this place!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Meh”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

First off, I will note that the service here was very good. That aside...

The food was very bland. I feel like you can get a good sense of a Mexican restaurant based on the salsa they put in front of you. This holds true at El Rancho, where the generic corn chips were thoughtfully heated but the salsa was a cheap, canned variety that had the consistency of a tomatoe puree. Everything we tried was bland at best (the tamales) to just weird tasting (the rice, of all things).

To top it off, the menu is HUGE. It seems as though they took every individual item and made as many "combos" as possible. The pricing was average.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Josh Y
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Reliable Mexican food outside of Tampa”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I just visited El Rancho for the third time in the past few years while visiting family. I love Mexican food, and I generally prefer to frequent non-chain restaurants. While I've got access to better Mexican food and many more restaurant choices back home in NJ, El Rancho is actually pretty decent. It is good enough for me to keep coming back when I am in the area. This restaurant has friendly service, good food and great sangria, all in a nice casual setting. Next time I'm in the area, I'll be back again!

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love that place. Great food and a good price. Authentic and a great location just off the highway.

Visited April 2013