“Authentic Mexican”

Carmelita's
Ranked #37 of 221 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Cute little place and i like the way they make their wait staff dress to add to the theme. I had the chicken chimi and i loved it. Sauce over the top was delicious and very authentic. Friend had the enchiladas and she said they reminded her of her favorite little Mexican place back home in Chicago. Our server was very attentive and i believe it was the owner who came to check how our meal was. You dont find many authentic Mexican restaurants around these parts so its quite a treat to have Carmelitas down the street from our home

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Friday night and although the place was busy, we were greeted and promptly seated. Our server was super nice and on the ball. She came to our table more than any other restaurant I've been to recently. I had the chimichangas and my husband had the enchiladas. Usually I can sanction my portions and cut myself off, getting a box for leftovers, but I could not stop eating. Yes I was full halfway into my meal but it was That good! I near finished it.
We will be back and I definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

poor service.....just so so food....very limited on the way they let you use coupons.....to many good Mexican restaurants to go to this one

1  Thank tinkinthehouse
Reviewed January 15, 2013

very good, fresh Mexican food here. took the in-laws and everyone enjoyed! I tried a shrimp special and it was very good. their flour tortillas are excellent. so fresh and fluffy. wow. when they have the pork special w/verde sauce..get it! it's sooo good. they can be a little stingy on the chips and salsa on refills but only because they're so good! ;) $5 off of $25 purchase coupons floating around in local flyers/Trinity monthly magazine. you can eat free (up to $10) on your bday w/ID.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I have gone here many times, and we enjoy it. The food is always good, fresh and hot. The value is the best thing, you get so much food for a small cost. The service is just okay.
Drinks are great, and at a good price.