“Just okay.”

Robert K Rees Memorial Park
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My family and I recently moved to New Port Richey from out of state. With four small children, we were quick to look for a nice, close, family friendly beach. This, being the closest to us is just "good" but that's all.

Pro's:

-Not crowded (Saturday at 7:00PM in summer)
-Clean, clear water (though full of dead grass)
-Kid friendly (shallow water depth, playground)
-Picnic shelters with tables and grills
-Restrooms

Con's:

-Lot's of dead grass throughout the water
-Facilities slightly dated and rundown
-Parking fee
-Theft concerns (warning signs posted)

While we will come back, other nearby beaches in the area are more appealing to us such as Fred Howard Park. For the fee required I expected the facilities to be kept up with just a little bit better.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. I've included a number of pictures in this review.

If you have found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the button below! I would greatly appreciate it!

11  Thank bluecookies

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were looking for a beach to visit in New Port Richey while we were on vacation nearby. We found Robert K. Rees Memorial Park nearby. If you are not from the area (we are from Chicago), it is very difficult to find this park. From Route 19, you have to turn down a side street, and look for a sign (which doesn't exist at the intersection as I recall). There are a couple of signs further down the street.

Anyways, it is a very nice park, which has a playground, a couple of in-ground barbecue stands, and some picnic tables to use. Bathrooms are also close by. There were also a couple of food trucks at the park. The only complaint I have heard is that parking can be difficult at times.

Most importantly, if you are not from the area, make sure to look up the location of the park on your GPS, so you know what street to turn on.

3  Thank steelchess77
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a nice small State Park. If you prefer being in the outdoors alone though, be sure to come early. People start showing up around 9am, and the parking area fills up quickly. The pay station has been upgraded to accept debit/credit cards.

2  Thank Heather C
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Even with the wind and cooler temps it was a nice place. Just be prepared, you can't get away from screaming kids as the playground is right in the middle. Beach was nice, plenty of room, picnic tables and a small concession stand. Bathrooms too.

There is a $2 parking fee, which was waived the day I was there. Also be very careful driving across the causeway to this little island. There are many fishing folks and there was a woman playing with an unleashed dog running in and out of the bushes, so it could be hazardous.

The scenery is beautiful and relaxing. I loved it!!

1  Thank VirginiaFJax
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We have been using this park for years and it is nice and close and not usually crowded. We have swam with the dolphins and enjoyed the toys, it is always clean and well looked after. We enjoy having picnic or just watching the water.

1  Thank familytimes2012