“Great happy our prices”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone: 727-848-6463
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This restaurant has a clean atmosphere, great service and nice decor. The prices are fair. But, what I enjoy the most is the happy hour specials. Appetizers are half off. However, on my last visit my food was not that good. I always have the Tokyo Stir Fry w/chicken and it was not as flavorful as it was before. I still recommend this place for the suchi lovers.

There are newer reviews for Grille One Nine

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Great little places which serves Japanese and some Korean food. Great sushi. Nice decor. Friendly service.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love this place. The specials are amazing & so affordable!! Great sushi, especially love the ginger dressing!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Been driving by Grille One Nine for a while and wanting to try it. My bride and I finally did the other day. The visit started off well enough, as entering the location the décor and ambiance were surprisingly better than I expected based on the locale and exterior. Quickly though, things took a turn south. It took us quite a long time to get an initial visit from a server, even after a walk up to the hostess to inquire. After that, it took longer to take our order and even much longer to actually get food. It was even difficult to pay.

As for the food, all I had was the sushi, tempura vegetables and shrimp and miso soup. I will note that there is an expansive menu of sushi offerings but all the dishes I sampled were uninspiring. It looked like the cooked dishes might have been a better choice from viewing other diner's tables but that is not what I came for. The tempura was so-so. My bride had the grilled tuna and was not impressed. At least the soup was good. Prices were about average for the offerings but when I am dropping more than $70 in Pasco County, I expect a little more bang for my buck.

I may still give this place a mulligan and try again as I was really hoping for another good sushi alternative in the area. Unfortunately, from first impressions it doesn't appear Grille One Nine will be the one.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for the first time last night. The grill had a various array of Asian bistro food items with an emphasis on sushi and seafood. The ambiance was comfortable and pleasant but could do without the fake battery candle on the table. The restaurant was pleasantly busy.

I plan to come here again because the food was well prepared, the prices were very reasonable and we didn't have a long wait. My husband ordered the spicy soup as an appetizer and it was enough for a meal. I had the crab cakes with panko crumbs with a tasty condiment. Our meals had a huge amount of mixed vegetables with the rice and seafood. I didn't see this mentioned on the menu, only that the entrees were accompanied by either a salad or miso soup.

On the downside, the waitress brought the main entrée before we finished the appetizer and she didn't seem to know where to put the plates as the tables there are small. She never mentioned the happy hour but I overheard another waitress mention this to a customer nearby.
Would have been nice to know. Our waitress called us 'guys' about 10 times during our dining. I expect this at a sports bar but not a nice sushi grille. Unable to say anything to her because she was busy with nearby tables, I mentioned this to the hostess who said "Thank you, guys" as we left. These are small details but when you spend $52 dollars for two appetizers, two entrees and one beer at a nice restaurant, you expect the management to spend some time training the wait staff.