“Always a great meal and service”

Central Park Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This family restaurant is a must whenever we visit our parents in New Port Richey. My parents are fairly paticular, Dad was a former chef and had owned several restaurants, so whenever we go out, we usually try to be careful on our choices. But with the CPFR, it is never an issue. With a huge menu selection and custom orders, they never dissapoint!!! Either breakfast/lunch or dinner, they always have enough choices for the whole family, including my Dads choice every so often of "liver and onions", not for me! Great Greek choices as well as American comfort food. The prices are the best in the area, the four of us had a huge breakfast, with drinks, for $23, cant even do that at a fast food dive!!!The staff is always curtious and on top of there game, to include the bus staff. If in the area, dont make the mistake of not stoping in, we surely do not.

1  Thank anthony h

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We live in Millpond Estates (behind the restaurant) and decided to give it a shot.

Ordered takeout one Sunday night and haven't looked back. Everything we order is always excellent. Our favorites are the Greek Salads. Delicious!!

Can't speak for eating inside because we have always done takeout. But every time we have called, the person on the phone has been friendly and efficient and our order never takes longer than 20 minutes.

Plus it's great to walk to the restaurant instead of driving.

Thanks for the great meals.

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We paid my parents a surprise visit all the way from New York so my fiancé and they could meet. After their initial shock wore off they brought us to one of their favorite local stops our first night in town for dinner, Central Park Family Restaurant. it was an EXCELLENT choice!
Spotless. Friendly service, family atmosphere. Extensive menu including Greek, Italian and American dishes. Beef, pork, seafood, chicken, turkey, soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, specials and more. Something for everyone. I decided to go outside my 'comfort zone' and ordered the fresh catch of the day, Greek style; which on this day was orange ruffie served with roasted onions, peppers, tomatoes and feta cheese over a bed of perfect rice. One of the most delicious and memorable meals I have ever eaten! My fiancé ordered boneless chicken breast, Greek style. Everything from the fresh salad to the homemade baklava dessert was absolutely delicious! The staff members were warm and friendly, and even diners at nearby tables introduced themselves and engaged us in friendly conversation. We enjoyed ourselves and our meals so much that we revisited Central Park for dinner a second time a few days later, on the final night of our stay. This time I ordered the chicken breast Greek style, which was filling and delicious. At the end of the meal I asked our wonderful server Lenny "Has anyone ever finished this meal? This may be the first time I have ever left food on my plate!" The bill totaled $44 for 4 adults including drinks, an unbelievable bargain for the quality of the food and portions served.
Reluctantly, we left Florida the next day and returned home. We miss my parents and we miss the great food, relaxing atmosphere and warm hospitality served up by our new friends, led by manager Chris & Co. at Central Park Family Restaurant. Their motto here is "Come in as strangers, leave as friends". You don't have to come from New York to LOVE this place!

2  Thank BigRedJonson
Reviewed April 28, 2013

When we went to Central Park Restaurant, the place was packed with people. So we figured this must be a great place to eat! The decor is nice and the place is clean. We ordered and got our coffee. After our first cup of coffee, we waited 10 minutes then flagged down the waitress twice, both times she said just a minute. Apparently the only one allowed to give refills was the young girl playing hostess, who finally showed up after another 5 minutes (more on her later). I ordered the waffle with pineapple, blueberries, and strawberrries. The waitress said the pineapple and blueberries were fresh and the strawberries were in a type of pie gel. The pineapple was from a can and the blueberries were tiny frozen ones with no taste. I had ordered a side of bacon that never came. My husband ordered an omelette and hash browns moist. The hash browns were burned on the bottom and the omelette had runny egg whites all the way through. I could not eat one like that, but he choked it down (could not get the waitress over). As we were leaving, there were 2 couples waiting to be seated and a young boy taking money. Hiding behind the cash register counter on a short stool was the young "hostess" texting on her phone, oblivious to people waiting. Food and service were both horrible. We will never go back again.

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Even if I didn't live close it would be worth the trip. Breakfast is amazing. They offer over 50 different omelets along with all the other breakfasts. For lunch there is always a "specials" board that changes every day. If you like burgers, this is the place. Their small burger is 1/2 pound of black angus beef cooked the way you like it. The largest burger is 1 1/2 pounds and comes with cheese and six slices of bacon. If you like something on the lighter side they have several different types of salads that are a whole meal in themselves.
Their sandwiches are piled high , turkey cut straight from the bird ( no deli meat here), excellent pastrami and corned beef.
The dinner menu is extensive and there are always specials on the board to choose from. I don't know what to recommend because I have never had a bad meal here. The portions are over sized. If you want something that is not on the menu, ask and they may have it anyway. The owner, Chris is always trying new things out that may work their way onto the regular menu. I have never been disappointed by one of his new creations.
The wait staff is very friendly and attentive ( they treat you like family). The restaurant is very clean and run very efficiently. Prices are VERY reasonable and food is top quality. If the parking lot looks like it is full, don't be fooled. A lot of people meet each other here and take separate cars so the lot fills up quickly.
Try it once and you will be hooked.