“You will NOT regret this!”

Windsong Charters & Boat Rentals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a day sailing, fishing or rent a pontoon boat to head to the islands for snorkeling, swimming or relaxing. We also offer kayaks, canoes and stand up paddle boards to explore the reserve. Your Boat - Your Day! A short Drive from Orlando, St. Pete or Clearwater.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Blackwood, New Jersey
“You will NOT regret this!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was one of the best memories I have of Florida. My husband and my siblings scheduled a sail for the day. It was terrific. We tried to pick up some alcohol but we didn't realize that in Florida they don't sell alcohol until after 12. When we mentioned this to the Captain he called in the reinforcements and got Spencer to bring us in some gin and beer!!! We also got to meet Captain Wendy, who was enjoying a day off! Overall it was a great experience. I can't wait to do it again, hopefully do a sunset sail this time!!!

Visited September 2012
WindsongSailing, Owner at Windsong Charters & Boat Rentals, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Sunday no boozin' til after 11am! Customer service is our motto and your day is all about YOU! Glad the staff could make your day extra special and it was wonderful meeting you too. Hope to "sea" you aboard again soon! Fairwinds, Capt. Wendy

bodeeda
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome !!!! 3rd year in a row sailing and beach BBQ”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is the 3rd year we have chartered a sailing trip with the sunset BBQ on the beach and as always the staff and crew are just awesome. Bruce is a master BBQ -ist and turns out some mean chicken and ribs. We highly recommend Windsong, they are the nicest people and run a first class operation !!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank bodeeda
Yes, Chef Bruce is fanatical about his BBQ! He lives, breathes and dreams BBQ! Thanks so much for taking the time to say "WooT WooT"! Can't wait to "sea" you again! Fairwinds, Capt. Wendy, CEO (Maybe I need to be island crew for those ribs next time, 'ey?)
New Port Richey, Florida
“Frequent FL resident return Customer”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have been renting boats from Windsong for years. We trust Windsong to provide safe boats for our family and friends we bring along. Captian Wendy runs a top notch operation and and the safety of her customers is always a top priority! Staff is knowledgeable and accomodating. DO NOT hestitate to rent from Windsong if you want a quality reputable boat rental company!! We'll be there this Memorial Weekend!!! Thanks Cptn Wendy!!

Visited May 2013
Tammy - Thanks so much for the kudos! You are awesome "Frequent Floaters" and it's always a pleasure having you and the family aboard. Hoping your puppy dog gets better soon! We missed her this last visit. "Sea" you soon and thanks for your support! Fairwinds, Capt. Wendy, CEO
Cornelia, Georgia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“GREAT!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We booked a sunset cruise on the sailboat for our anniversary from a recommendation from another charter company that was booked up. I felt very comfortable booking with Windsong based on the recommendation of a competitor. Very easy to find- right on the main road. No need to wind down small streets and search a marina for the right boat. Traffic can be heavy at times and it can be difficult to get turned around if you miss your turn. We get signed in and boarded the boat. Captain Ted (hope I remembered his name right) motored us out through the channel to the Gulf (took about 30 minutes to get there). Just as we got out there and set sail, we got a phone call from the boss saying we needed to come in because of a storm approaching. Bummer. But I would rather be safe than sorry, so we headed in. Our three hour sunset cruise turned into a pleasant one hour canal cruise/gab fest with Captain Ted. Being a sailor, myself, I enjoyed talking with Ted about boats, etc. We were offered another cruise on another day, but this was the only day we had for this with our busy schedule. The owner called me to tell me he was issuing a full refund, which was more than I expected. A business really has a chance to showcase their customer service when the unexpected happens. Windsong SHINED. I hope I find myself in the area again so I can make another reservation with Windsong. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Visited April 2013
WindsongSailing, Owner at Windsong Charters & Boat Rentals, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thanks Eric for taking the time to review. The storm came out of nowhere and your safety is our utmost concern. We hope you can visit again when Mother Nature isn't having a hissy fit.

Fairwinds,
Capt. Wendy Longman, CEO
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great relaxation”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

i spent 3 days and 2 nights with a friend on one of the boats as a late-summer getaway that was magic for my soul. and what a great deal - split between the two of us, it was a little more than $600 each for a most wonderful escape. they supply the food and the captain and all i had to do was bring booze and some books and off we went. not being able to see the coast was just what i needed. we found ourselves nestled around some really lovely, quiet barrier islands which were utterly tourist-free. i'd go again in a heartbeat!

Visited September 2012
WindsongSailing, Owner at Windsong Charters & Boat Rentals, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your adventure. We're happy you got some time to R & R and really enjoy what we love most around here - OFFSHORE and our gorgeous islands. Hope to "sea" you aboard again soon!!