“I'd give no stars if I could” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #130 of 215 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Port Richey, Florida
“I'd give no stars if I could”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I received a gifl card for Restaurant.com yesterday, so I decided to try Estella's, since I had never been. I wish I had stayed home.When my companion and I walked in the entrance, it took 5 minutes for the waitstaff to even acknowledge any one was at the front desk. They then proceeded to place us at the table closest to the kitchen. I immediately showed the gift certificate, and we were told that the 2-4-1 drink specials were not valid with that coupon. Fine. It took us forever to get our drinks. Once the food FINALLY got there, we noticed bugs continued to fly around our heads and food. The food was decent, but nothing as spectacular as the price we paid. When we got the check, we were notified that an automatic 18% gratuity would be added to the check. Nowhere on the paperwork of the certificate said that. NOWHERE. We requested to speak with the manager, who wouldn't even let us state our concerns before she verbally attacked us and had the gall to say, "Don't you think he deserves an 18% tip?" I said no, and proceeded to bring up the long seat time, and the bugs flying around. She ended up calling the manager, and taking the auto 18% tip off. Only because waitstaff are paid so poorly did I even give 10% of the orginal, un-discounted order. This restaurant has rude, inattentive staff, and I promise you I will NEVER come to this restaurant again. I would have had a better time, for the same amount of money out of my pocket, if I had just gone to Chili's without a coupon.

10 Thank Heather C

new port richey
“stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

No running water in bath sink, slow service, poor quality food. Told manage if issues and his option was extremely rude, just don't come back. Many better options to avoid this place

10 Thank aesdrumman
Port Richey, Florida
“Rude Staff!!! No Manners, and Lack Organized Management!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been a long time customer of Estela's, but today they lost my business. Let me begin with the bald bartender Ricardo, that mis-identified my husband, and stated that the last time we dined there we left without paying, in front of customers... Honestly, we have eaten in house on two occasions and primarily place to go orders, and have done so over two years. In this economy, the last thing a wait staff should be doing is defaming their regulars in front of other customers. Where was management? And why were they not the ones to approach him with these accusations?! This experience ended with a waitress calling the bartender "stupid", and after acknowledging that my husband was not the tattood musician a.k.a. taco thief, she started shouting at him in spanish. They apologized to my husband... but honestly, where does an apology get you when your treated in this manner? The owners need to take a good hard look at who they have employed, because they lost a good customer, and based off them only having 5 other customers at 6pm on a Sunday and recently downsizing their location... It seems they could use all the customers they can get. In my opinion Taco Bell hires smarter, more well behaved employees.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank PJ N
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Good Food/Great Margarita's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Love the new location on Main Street. The owner and staff are very friendly. Food is always great - with large portions. Margarita's are excellent. We will be regulars. Looking forward to eating on the patio out back. Highly recommend!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Port Richey, Florida
“Estellas in their new place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We visited the newly moved Estellas Mexican Restaurant since their move from US19 to downtown New Port Richey. The menu is new and has a very reasonable assortment of dinners. The patio out back is great, parking is in the back lot. Be careful not to park in the wrong areas. Their were six of us. The dinners were great,service was great and I think they will do much better in this new location. This is a good place to go. Prices good also.

• Visited January 2013