“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL”

GreenLeadersGold level
New Port Richey, Florida
“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Despite the fact I live within walking distance to this business (Behind Southgate), I booked a room for my sister and I when she came to visit. Because we couldn't go far away as my brother in law was visiting with my Mom along with my niece and nephew staying at my home. I booked the room so that my sister and I could have "Girls Night Out" alone and away from the kids, husband, mother etc. She lives 350 miles away, so we don't get to spend much time together anymore as she works and has her children to look after. So, I took this opportunity for us to just chill out one night by ourselves.

I saw where one reader commented that the place was "old". I don't know what criteria they use for "old", but I know when I moved to this area (Gulf Harbors) this hotel was NOT built until a few years AFTER I moved here. I am sure that Management if they read this can verify when they opened. I do know it had to be after 2000 and I have been in this area since 98.

We had a wonderful room (accessible) as I am wheelchair bound. The bathroom and shower were so large, that it could be converted into a bedroom with little problem...ha ha !

We had dinner at "TRIO'S" their signature restaurant and also had breakfast here and we were NOT disappointed.

The lobby is inviting and spacious, the pool area was very relaxing and inviting and the service from all the staff from check in, to the dining room, until check out were all wonderful.

I must say that even though I live a hop, skip and a jump away of this hotel, it is a pleasure knowing that should I have out of town guests, I would have no problems in booking them a room here. There is another hotel down the street which I shall not name, but I stayed there when they were doing work on my house....the accessible room I was given was a TRUE NIGHTMARE !!!!!!! There was an old wooden bat holding up the bathroom sink........YES, the sink was falling off the wall !!!!! They did not have another room or an accessible shower and did not even have a shower chair in their inventory for me to use. So you can imagine how great it was to see how much care and concern that QUALITY INN & SUITES took in designing their accessible room !!!!!!!!!! In fact I loved their bathroom so much, I wish I could rent the room on a yearly basis and move in...ha ha ha ! In addition, the cleanliness of Quality Inn is noticed from the lobby, to your room and elsewhere. Management truly takes lots of pride in this facility.

Ther ONLY comment I can make that would be negative is the fact that for a disabled individual to gain access to the hotel lobby from the driveway, one has to go to the far southern end for the cut out curb. If it is raining, I can not just get out of the car under the Porte Cochere and access the hotel. But if that is the ONLY shortcoming, I can live with it. That is why they sell umbrellas !!!

If anyone is contemplating making reservations here at QUALITY INN & SUITES--------DO NOT HESITATE. You will NOT be disappointed as they do things the correct way here !

Room Tip: If you are disabled, you will be very pleased with the accessible room.
Green Features: The grounds and rooms are very clean and I am sure behind the scene's the environment is friendly. There was no odor from the chemicals they use to clean which is often the problem with many places that are NOT friendly or green.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
LeeAnn, thank you for your extremely flattering review of our Quality Inn & Suites of New Port Richey. Our hotel is actually a bit older (built in 1974), however, our management took over it about 9 months ago and pumped nearly 3/4 of a million dollars into renovating it. We continue to make major improvements for the convenience and comfort of our guests and are flattered that you found it to be such an ideal place to stay with you sister. We do hope that next time you have family stay with us, that you get to come by and see how much more we have done to improve. We are currently renovating the restaurant to further improve our guests' experiences. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
south alabama
Reviewed July 27, 2013

we stayed at this hotel from 7/23 to 7/25 2013. The hotel is an older hotel. But we thought that is was neat and clean. The pool area was large and they kept it clean. the people that we came in contact with were all nice and helpful. if we go to this area again i would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Elfie, thank you so much for your great review of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey! We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be clean, neat and friendly. As we continue to make improvements, we look forward to providing an even better facility. For instance, within the next month or so we will be replacing either all or almost all of our furniture. We are also looking at getting flat screen TVs in all rooms in the near future as well. We hope that next time you stay with us, you will notice all of these wonderful changes. Thank you!
Port Richey, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just had our wedding at this hotel in the conference rooms upstairs. Everything was fantastic. Every employee we have come across at this hotel has been helpful and friendly. The bar on site is amazing, and the manager and employees are excellent people! They helped us with so much and they are a blast to be around! The restaurant staff were friendly and did a great job taking care of us with the catering and the reception. We had at about 15 rooms filled with friends and family members, at a great special wedding price. The rooms at the hotel were clean and the beds and pillows were comfy. The pool area is amazing! I highly recommend coming here when you need a place to stay, a place to get a cold drink, or a place to have an event. Thanks guys!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Patty, thank you so much for your review of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey and congratulations on your recent wedding! We are so pleased that our staff could help making your wedding a success. As you mentioned, we have a large banquet facility onsite which is prefect for these types of events. We have an event planner and caterer, Tuscany on the Meadows, which are very experienced and which ensure professional and quality service. We are so pleased that your entire wedding party enjoyed their time with us both for the actual wedding but also for our other amenities such as the rooms, the bar and the pool area. Thank you again!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My sister and I were in town on a compassion rate. We needed to be close to the Morton Plan hospital and HPH Hospice. Our mother was dying and subsequently passed.
We chose the Quality Inn for its reputation and location.

Three major issues arose.

1. The hotel was being renovated during our stay. We were woken up to the drilling and noise at 7:00am after pulling an all nighter at the hospital.
We informed management immediately - the noise ceased for a few hours. However, when asked for compensation, we were told no.
If I had known that this hotel was going through renovations, I would never have chosen it.

2. Two guests next to us were having violent arguments periodically throughout our stay. Slamming doors, cursing and throwing fast food outside our door.
We informed management. No follow up. When asked for compensation, we were given 1/2 night free.

3. Guests (men) hanging outside their hotel door - made us very uncomfortable and perhaps a bit fearful of our security.

When one is going through a very difficult time, it is important to have some solace and security when one returns to their "home away from home". Unfortunately, staying at this hotel did not
comfort us at all.

At times, we did not want to return to the room.

May I suggest

1. A more professional, "trained in customer service" front desk personnel.
2. Informing potential guests that the hotel is being renovated before a booking.
3. Training your personnel on exactly what is a "compassionate rate".
4. Compensating guests fairly for any hardship endured during the renovation stay.
5. Training personnel to apologize (and mean it).
6. Having management do a "walk about" so they know what is going on outside the lobby

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Margaux58
Thank you for providing your comments. As I said in my email response to you earlier, we truly are working to improve our hotel and service. As mentioned, the construction you may have heard would have been the city working on the street in front of our hotel, over which we have no control. We do make renovations to our property, however, no maintenance staff are even on property at 7am and no work of this type would even be started before 11am, which is checkout time for our guests.

I know you were upset over the rate. When you mentioned a compassionate rate, our staff did not know what you meant. Had they understood the circumstances of your stay, they would have either offered a discounted hospital or bereavement rate.

Regarding the noisy neighbors and the feeling of security, our staff do regular property walks and if we overhear any noise issues, we will act on them. Typically we will offer to move a guest if there are issues such as this. I apologize that you were not moved when the noise issue occurred.

We truly do wish to improve our service and facility and I will make sure to use your comments to help better train our staff. Thank you again for providing this helpful feedback.

Travelers are raving about these New Port Richey hotels

Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area. The location was great with easy access to Clearwater Beach and Tampa/St Petersburg areas. The swimming pool was very clean and well taken care of. They had a resturaunt attached to the hotel. I never tried this but heard it was great. Would definitely recommend this hotel at any time. Jim D. Muncie, IN

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Jim, thank you so much for your review of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey. Our hotel is constantly working to improve and offer even better value. We are pleased that you enjoyed our large heated pool and hot tub. We recently added the pool heater, resurfaced the pool and added a pool lift for our handicapped guests. Our restaurant is also undergoing a major renovation to give it a facelift and offer our customers a more modern look. We hope to continue adding value for our guests in every improvement that we make. Thank you again!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I never write reviews, especially bad ones because I feel too guilty, but I thought anyone considering this place should be forwarned. This place is a DUMP. 1) The room is filthy. The carpets are torn up in places and it has a stench to it. 2) (and most important to me this trip) The A/C is either ON or OFF. There is no temperature or automatic setting, so I was up every 3 hours turning it on and off to be comfortablt. 3) There is no hot water in the sink. (As is it is not even an option, not that it just would not get hot. I had to wash my face in the tub.) ...which brings me to my next gripe. 4) The tub was clogged and filled up in the couple of minutes it took me to wash my face. It was also old and rusted. 5) I arrived at 11pm, and there were people smoking and drinking until 2-3 am on the balconies and I heard every bit of it. The only positive was that the staff was super friendly and helpful. But please be forewarned that this is not a place if you want comfort or luxury. Only stay here if you dont mind sacrificing to save a little $!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank juliana m
Jualiana, I want to apologize for the issues that you experienced at our hotel. If you contact our hotel management, we would be pleased to speak with you more about the issues you experienced and try to make it right. You can reach us at qualityinnnewportrichey@hdghotels.com. We do not believe that the experience that you had was typical and we wish to find out what room you were in and fix these problems. Thank you.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my second time to this lodging provider. The previous trip was two years earlier. It was much the same as I remembered it. The furnishings are dated, for example a standard CRT-based TV, as before. The housekeeping was good and the facilities are clean and well kept. The linens were clean and smelled fresh. The facilities, pool etc., are very nice and well maintained. You get a very good deal for the fees charged. I found the staff capable, pleasant and available when needed. The availability of a Cracker Barrel restaurant across the highway was a great resource for affordable comfort food. The wireless, free, internet connection was great. I would stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway out front are generally quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Michael, thank you for your review of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey. We are pleased that you found our facility clean and affordable. We are working to update the property and we do anticipate that we will put in flat screen TVs within a year or so. We will also be replacing furniture in about 50 of the rooms in the near future. We are pushing very hard to continue to make improvements and to make the place feel more modern. Thank you again for returning to our hotel and we hope that next time you return, you can see the great changes.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Port Richey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 7 in New Port Richey

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!