“Good value”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in New Port Richey
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hey it's an EXTREMELY reasonably priced place. So please keep that in mind...! No it's not the Hilton but I have always had a pleasant reception and nice service staff, here. (Stayed here 4x so far and will surely return). There is a very nice swimming pool area, free coffee every morning ("Rainforest" brand which impresses me with the fact they are trying to be conscious of 3rd world countries issues). The rooms have comfy beds and pillows, free wi-fi that causes no issues getting connected...ever! There is a small fridge in every room (would like a microwave too, but again please look at the price!). Cable TV worked fine, big desk and extra seating. One night I noticed there wasn't a remote control for the TV, and the staff walked over a new remote for me within just a few minutes time. Nice covered seating areas around the pool area, there is also a restaurant and bar which I haven't checked out yet but good to have on site.

Again if you're looking for the Hilton atmosphere, well good luck finding it anywhere in this town. The place is usually quite busy, and you may find a thing or two out-of-place but if you just call the front desk they will fix it in a hurry! In my opinion, this hotel is a great deal for the price. Also great location, centrally located and near to Main Street district plus with many restaurants, grocery stores and liquor stores and other amenities within less than a 5-minute drive

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room near the front side of the hotel. More peaceful and some of the 1st flo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Karen, thank you so much for your review of our New Port Richey Quality Inn. We are very pleased to hear that you have stayed with us in the past and plan to return. We hope that as you continue to visit, that you will get to see the many changes and improvements that we are making. Our management took over 8 months ago and we still have many plans in mind for how to make the hotel better. Thank you fro telling others about our great value and staff!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stay timeframe - 30-31 May 2013.

Booked room on-line. Easy process. Overall service once on-site a good experience. Was placed in 2nd-story room. Asked to be moved to lower level due to issue with climbing stairs. Front desk was very accommodating.

If any attention was required (towels, coffee, lamps not working), my requests were handled expeditiously. Was out by the pool. They came to me to provide updates on actions taken! Very nice! Only drawback: due to construction, continental breakfast not available.

Room Tip: Pool view room was very nice. Direct access from room to pool, hot tub, etc.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Pamela, thank you for your wonderful compliments for our staff. Our Quality Inn of New Port Richey is still feeling growing pains as we continue to renovate and improve. We appreciate it very much when guests, like yourself, tell us about maintenance issues that we need to address. Otherwise, we don't know they need to be fixed. I do apologize that the restaurant was not open during your stay. We hoping to have it back up and running in a week or two. Once that is complete, we will be serving off a menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner and hopefully room service. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Flew into Tampa on 5/25 and got to check in around 3pm. The receptionist was courtious and quickly got me quickly to my room, as well as gave me a map of the hotel so I didn't get lost.

I booked this hotel via Hotels.com, got it for around $69 (price includes taxes)

The room was very spacious with two queen beds. The bathroom needed a little bit of detail, but it didn't ruin any part of my trip (seeing I was only there for the night).

Spent most of my time at the pool/hot tub which was absolutely FANTASTIC! Only a handful of residents were there so it wasn't very crowded. TONS of room to stretch. Poolside bar - I noticed people using it, they seemed happy.

One thing I didn't like too much was the overly HUGE window, displaying parking spots. I wanted to have natural light in my room, but in order to enjoy that, I had to sacrifise having passerbys look in while walking past. It's a natural reaction so no BIG deal.

Dispite the ENORMOUS constuction on Highway 19 and what I stated above, I had a fantastic time and look forward to staying here next time when I visit New Port Richey.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you so much Rob! We are very pleased that you enjoyed our pool and hot tub during your stay with us. I looked into the issue with the curtains. Previously we had sheers which would allow natural light but provide some privacy in the large picture windows. The sheers were becoming ratty and damaged from UV radiation so we took them down. We are shopping around for replacements and hope to get new sheers installed so that our guests can again enjoy both privacy and sufficient light in their rooms. Thank you for mentioning this to our management and hopefully next time you stay we will have fixed this issue. Thank you!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in town recently for a long weekend. This Quality inn is pretty basic and offers clean rooms. For the price you pay, you get a nice place. I had three nights for just about $200 and was happy with the service and the pool area. The television was out dated and I had an issue with the bathroom but it was fixed in a snap with a nice note left by maintenance to ensure I was happy.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Crystal, thank you so much for your review of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey. We are so pleased that your weekend stay with us was pleasant and that you felt you got great value for your money. We pride ourselves on being one of the most affordable hotels in the area while still offering clean rooms and great amenities such as our heated pool, free access to a local gym, free wi-fi, and more. We hope that someday you return and maybe by then we will have some improvements such as the flat screen TVs. They are certainly on our list of future improvements. Thank you!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

From check in to check out EVERYONE that works there are NICE! The rooms are clean and fresh. The toilets plumbing is poor and no plunger and my toilet overflowed BUT when I called front desk they had someone there within a second to clean it up. Plunged the toilet, moped the floor, provided fresh towels. This guy was so nice! Then the carpet guy came and sucked up the water and he was so nice! They really take pride in keeping their hotel clean! They took care of it and I felt better about the situation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Jewels, thank you so much for your kind words for our Quality Inn of New Port Richey staff. I am truly sorry about the issue that you experienced with your toilet but pleased that our staff could so quickly fix the problem for you. Whenever there is any maintenance issues we always want to know right away so we can either fix it or offer to move the guest to another room where they can be comfortable. We do not want any guest to be inconvenienced during their stay and our staff will do whatever it takes to make things right ASAP. Thank you for telling others about us and how we operate.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed in this motel 8 times over the past 18 months and have yet to find another in the area that is as nice for the money. I generally stay 7 or 8 days at a time and the weekly rate fits my limited budget. I have never had a problem with heating and cooling in my rooms and the linen has always been clean as have the bathrooms. The wireless internet has always been dependable and seems to have been upgraded to a very fast speed over the past few months. I have seen an isolated bug or two over 18 months but nothing even close to a "bug problem." Insects are a constant battle for any property within coastal Florida and Quality does a good job keeping them in check. I have never eaten in the motel restaurant or visited the bar. I just never felt the need with so many other nice restaurants within walking or driving distance. Cracker Barrel (for instance) is directly across the street. I have visited the pool and hot tub on a few occasions and they have always been clean and functional. I have seen a few rowdy pool and bar visitors on the weekends and reported them and the problem was solved. The Highway 19 corridor of Pasco County has a high instance of druggies and prostitutes and I have noticed a big effort on this Property's part to eliminate the problem over the past several months. Again, when you see things that don't fit, call the front desk and let them do their job. I have also noticed that Pasco County Police patrol the area quite frequently now. The front desk people and the property support personnel have always been nice to me and very responsive to anything that I have asked or required. This is the best place to stay over night that I know of in the New Port Richey area and it's very close to many nice parks and other entertainment venues. The only thing better you will find is 3 miles further south and you should expect to pay 50% more per night. This a safe healthy place to stay and head and shoulders above anything else in the area and price range.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Philip, thank you so much for your kind words for our staff and management at the Quality Inn of New Port Richey, Florida. I am not sure if you were aware but the hotel switched management in October of last year and we made many changes. You mentioned the better quality of the complimentary wireless internet and the the responsiveness of the staff with regards to troublemakers and security issues. We are so pleased that you noticed these changes. Our staff works very hard to keep our hotel clear of problem guests. As you mentioned, once someone tells the front desk about the issues, we take immediate action to fix the problem. We see improvement everyday but it is a long and arduous process to get our hotel to where we want to be. Hopefully, in time, we can completely purge any questionable behavior from our property and offer a truly exceptional product to our guests. Until then we will take any advice and recommendations our guests have to continue improving our guests' experiences. Thank you!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is value with a capital V. It is a very bare bones type place. We will start with the room I stayed in. The sheets in my room didn't fit the bed and I would have to constantly wake up to put them back on so I didn't touch the dreaded hotel mattress. Definitely didn't make for a good sleep. There was also what I hope was paint on the mattress, it was a mustard yellow color like the wall but could have been something much worse. The comforter was your standard issue type that never gets washed so looked a little crusty, that didn't bother me much as I threw it in the corner to never use. The AC worked very well, but with no blanket to keep warm, didn't really do much for me. As for the hotel itself, it is not in a very pleasant area. There was constantly locals hanging out. If not in the parking lot, then in the pool or outside my room all night. I was awoken at 7 am by banging on the door, when I looked out the window I saw a stranger who wasn't an employee and looked like he was on a drug binge. One of the nights, there was a huge brawl outside my room with a bunch of 12 year olds who were hanging out in the parking lot starting trouble with people who actually paid to stay there. Let's just say the hotel needs to beef up security SERIOUSLY and FAST! The restaurant in the hotel was gross. Very bland, my fried pickles came with strange pieces of meat and my wings looked like there was deep fried bugs stuck to them. After my one trip eating there, I had to run to my room to use the bathroom. For the rest of the trip I just traveled across the street to McDonalds and hit the $1 menu. Overall, this motel felt unsafe and unclean. At the end of the day, I just hope no bugs crawled into my luggage and next time I will pay more money to stay somewhere more up to par with my standards.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I am truly sorry that you had a poor experience at our hotel. Our staff works hard to provide a clean, safe environment for our guests and it is always upsetting when we hear that a guest felt this goal was not met. I can tell you that we always wash all bedding between guests and strip the rooms of all linens as soon as a guest checks out. We do have security and we do regular property walks, but, if a guest notifies us of any disturbance, we will immediately take action to fix the situation. We want to offer a great quality service and will do everything in our power to make that happen. If a guest has any issues during their stay, we ask that they tell us right away so we can fix the situation and make the rest of their stay pleasant. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
Howard Johnson Port Richey
Howard Johnson Port Richey
#4 of 7 in Port Richey

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!