“Average at best”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in New Port Richey
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Overall the stay was ok. Staff was fine. Maid service was great because they obeyed my do not disturb sign and never entered my room. The only problem I had were the roaches. So that be said, if their are roaches in your room, their are roaches in the kitchen. (I ate breakfast else ware.) What a quarterly roach spray would do for that place.
Single serve coffee pot is not for me. Also, microwave should be in all rooms that guest say two or more nights.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are working to provide microwaves in all rooms but are adding them one at a time due to cost. As for bugs, please contact us and let us know which room you were in so that we can have it treated (becky@hdghotels.com). We truly want to address this issue and we have a pest control company on retainer for just such instances. Our kitchen is separate from our guest rooms and is kept more enclosed. Where our guestrooms are exterior corridor, our restaurant, bar, lobby, and meeting facilities are all interior corridor which means that insects have a harder time getting in. This is unfortunately an issue with many exterior corridor hotels in Florida.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Room was ok,no frills,arrived at 4am and was told i could check out at 12 instead of normal 11am..Manager started calling at 10;50am telling me i needed to leave or pay for another day ! Told her what lady told me when i arrived at 4am. She became angry and told me the night shift lady didnt run the hotel and to come pay for another stay and i said i was still in bed,but would come after i took a shower ! This wasnt good enough,i needed to come NOW ! My wife packed the car while i washed off and we left ! Never again !

Room Tip: Never stay in rear of building,lots of construction trucks and drunks !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I am so sorry that this happened to you during your stay with us. I am not sure why this happened, but rest assured, it will not happen again. I have spoken to our GM and she will be reviewing our procedures with all staff. If anyone is promised a late checkout, they will get it. I would like to make this right for you. If you will please contact me (becky@hdghotels.com) I will make sure that you are taken care of. Thank you.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed 8 days here and really enjoyed it. The pool area is great with a main pool, a smaller pool for kids and wading and a hot tub. The pool furniture was very comfortable and clean and they have covered areas to sit in the shade if you get too much sun. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. All the staff was very friendly and anxious to help with any request we had. Ed, Nora, and, Jada at the front desk, Phil in maintenance, Evelyn in houskeeping, Al and Maria in the restaraunt and George in the bar were all great people to deal with and we would definitely stay here again. The owners are completely remodeling everything and it is an older property but still very nice and clean with a great staff and reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are updated so you could ask for one of those.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you so much Gary! As you mentioned, there is a lot going on at our Quality Inn of New Port Richey, Florida. For the past few months we have been remodeling including the guest rooms, adding a pool heater, LED lighting, cabanas, and upgrading many of out other facilities such as replacing all A/C units and adding new bedding and paint in the rooms. Thank you again for telling others about the efforts we are putting into improving our hotel!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've stayed at other Quality Inns that were decent, but his one misses the mark. It's apparent that they have made a recent attempt at a remodel, but stopped short of getting it right. Admittedly, the bed was comfortable and the linens were fine, but other parts of the room were a bit dated. They had just re-opened the restaurant and I had dinner there one night. It wasn't even edible. The staff is very friendly and they do have Wi Fi free of charge. You don't have a lot of choices in NPR, but I think I saw a Hampton Inn down the road. If you need to be in NPR, this is a convenient location, and you will survive the stay, as long as you avoid the restaurant!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank flyfish66
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are currently remodeling and have already invested over half a million dollars in improvements to the hotel. Although we cannot promise a new property, we will provide a clean room at a great price. There are other hotel options in New Port Richey, however, you will not find a budget hotel that offers you a greater value than we will. We will be looking into the restaurant issues. We lease out the restaurant and so are not in control of their facility but we will try to follow up and see how we can improve this feature. Thank you.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place is just really old and tired. Stayed two nights, and then checked out to stay elsewhere. The people are nice, but this place is on it's last legs.

It looks like they put in new linens and some new furniture, but the rest of the room is old and outdated.

I'd avoid it if I were you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that we could not suit your needs at our hotel. We are a budget hotel and are limited in what we can offer, however, we have invested over half a million dollars in this property in the past few months alone to renovate much of the property. We have replaced furniture, repainted rooms, replaced drapes and bed linens, remodeled part of the rooms to make them more spacious, added features like better appliances, and have also made great improvements to other parts of the property such as adding LED lighting, a pool heater, new landscaping, re-doing the courtyard including adding cabanas, and more. We are still improving and it will be a while until we are completely done but we do intend to provide great value for the cost of the room. Thank you.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food was awesome! Freshly made! Met the chef and he was very polite and kind. The staff there are all kind and polite. Very well mannered as well! Went to the hotel and was greeted with kindness. The owner is very kind. They have high respect for everyone that comes in. The care what the customer's needs are and what they want to make their stay there comfortable worth being there! The food there I can't say it enough was awesome! The place looks very decent and clean. I wouldn't think twice of going again. I would definitely go again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you Kelsie for your wonderful review of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey! We truly appreciate your telling other travelers about us.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my second time staying at this Inn. I wasn't too impressed last year. But it was centrally located for my business trips so I gave it another shot. These people obviously just dropped millions into this place. Because I didn't recognize it upon arrival. Not only was the place completely renovated but the restaurant and bar they have there now. Rescue me at trios, wow! They have a world class Chef there now. If I remember correctly the Chef there has cooked in all 50 States and 28 Countries. That was super impressive to me, especially having Duck in Pasco County. Yeah, not going to stay any where else at this point. And the Duck, Long Island Duck Breast Baby. Just made my decision for me. Thanks you Guys and Gals. Big difference with the experience this time!

Room Tip: I always like to stay pool side. Makes me feel like I'm business and fun at the same time. Espec...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dale S

Thank you Dale! As you noticed, a lot has changed at the Quality Inn of New Port Richey. In October, the hotel ownership changed and we did invest over half a million dollars in renovations just in a few short months (heated pool, cabanas, new furnishings, etc). However, this is just the beginning. We will continue making improvements and further training our staff so that we can continue to WOW our guests. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Port Richey
#2 of 4 in Tarpon Springs
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!