“Pretty Good Cheesesteak; Exceptional Prices”
Review of Rocky's

Rocky's
Ranked #51 of 220 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty Good Cheesesteak; Exceptional Prices”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We did some research regarding cheesesteak locations near New Port Richey, as we were on vacation in Florida for a week. Read some good things about Rocky's, so we wanted to try it out. First of all, the service was excellent. The cooks and the server were very friendly. We were told the regular cheesesteak comes with American cheese. I don't like American cheese, so I asked for "cheese wiz" instead. Then of course my two relatives asked for "wiz" also. We ended up with a 12" cheesesteak, fries, and a soft drink for $9. That's a great deal! Cheesesteaks in Chicago (where I'm from) cost at a minimum of $9 or $10 alone! So the prices were fantastic. The cheesesteaks were good, and we weren't even charged for the wiz instead of American cheese. So my recommendation is definitely try it out. You'll leave with a full stomach.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank steelchess77

New Port Richey, Florida
“A GREAT FIND!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

On a Saturday afternoon we were looking for somewhere new to eat, and Rocky's came to mind. We have eaten at the nearby Italian restaurant many times and noticed that it is always crowded. The menu has some surprising items, but they are excellent! Food was well prepared, quickly delivered and VERY tasty. Even though it was 2:30 in the afternoon they were very busy in the restaurant and many take outs. Give it a try, you will enjoy the food and the prices are very fair, you want be disappointed!!!

• Visited January 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
“For cheese whiz lovers only”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was not impressed from the time I pulled into the shopping center because it is not well lit at night. The girl that took my order was not helpful and it was obvious from my questions it was my first visit there. She did not want to be bothered, just wanted to get my order done and move on to the next person that had yet to walk in the door. I did not have time to review the menu and after I ordered I noticed the option to get half a sub and half an order of fries. The waitress never even asked if I wanted a full order or a half order of fries, she just charged me for a full order. (I could not eat them all, it's enough to share) If you like your steak and cheeses with fake cheese whiz then this place is for you. I prefer provolone or mozzarella and I don't know if that is an option at Rocky's. I paid with a credit card and the total was more than what she said the total was. I asked if there was a surcharge for paying with a credit card and she said yes. It would have been nice of her to state that in the first place. The young lady who handed me my order was very polite so my experience could have been due to my order taker. Too bad I won't ever go back because of her lack of social skills.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank bgreenley
Wappapello, Missouri, United States
“Tucked in a small shopping center”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Not the picture that is shown. Not the cleanest place but not the worst. Philly was closer than most I have had in Florida so far. Buns were soft and good. Likely would not go back as I just happened to be in that area and saw the reviews.

• Visited September 2013
Tampa ,Florida
“Found out why the Philly Cheesesteak got such recognition.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This place is mom and pop type place where there is a few booths and table but a large bar up near the stove takes you back to the good ole days style place.
The Philly is authentic and prepared by a native guy (owner) from Philly. It is a hell of a lot different than all the other restaurants that throw some meet covered in cheese, melt it and call it a Philly.
The Philly here is on the proper role, the meat and cheese mix together on the flat grill perfectly to the point the meat is almost in a cheese sauce vs just melted on top.
Great sandwich and my brother and I drive 30 min each way just for the Philly here.
I wish I could tell you about the entire menu but can not see buying anything other than Philly each time. My son had a burger once and loved it and I have had the onion rings and the fries, both very good. So believe if they make it....it should be good.
Try the Philly first and the menu might become very non-important as it is with me.

• Visited July 2013