Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Neptune Beach
Venice, Florida
“Great Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

Recently I had to visit the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. We chose this hotel based on the accommodations guide that Mayo provided and because of its location and free shuttle service to the clinic. I have to say first that Erica is exceptional!!! She was so friendly and happy to help us with any questions, setting up the shuttle service, and even recommending a great place for dinner. It was so nice to find someone who was so accommodating and friendly on a stressful visit. Our rooms were great and comfortable. My family stayed two nights there and was also very pleased with the level of service we received. Thanks again Erica! You are a jewel!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Nikki H
johnbaird3, Public Relations at Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
Thank you TripAdvisor member from Port Orange for your review. We are excited that your stay with us was enjoyable while visiting the Mayo Clinic. Our location and shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic is one of many reasons why Mayo visitors stay with us. The staff is pleased to hear that your stay met or exceeded your expectations. Erica is a fine employee who will take extra steps in accommodating our guests needs. Thank you again for taking time out of your schedule to write your review adn we look forward in seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Atlantic City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Excellent location, price and service!!! The rooms where very clean. The housekeeping staff was great every time we requested there service. The pool was very well kept.The helpdesk employess were very helpful, they even printed out a map to let us know the area attractions. The beach was only two blocks from the hotel. They have an excellent location regarding restaurants,fast food location etc. The only thing was that we were mis-inform regarding the price of pet accomodations, even when I had call ahead two weeks in advance, at the time of check-in they told us a higher price. But they honor the original rate at the end.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you TripAdvisor member from Atlantic City for your most recent review. We are pleased that your stay with was enjoyable while visiting the area. The staff is also pleased that you found the service and cleanliness of the hotel up to your standard. As you mentioned, shopping and restaurants are with in walking distance and the beach is very close by. They was a small change in the pet fee after you made your reservation and that should not have reflexed on your reservation. Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to comment on the Days Inn and we look forward in seeing you in the near future.
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

I always try to use Days Inn if the reviews are high enough. This hotel was clean the service was good. The location was safe and convenient. And of course it had a Days' Inn price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
johnbaird3, Public Relations at Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Thank you TripAdvisor from Orlando for your review. The staff and management thanks you for selecting the Days Inn, Neptune Beach. We are pleased that the hotel met and exceeded your expectations from arrival thru departure. The staff takes great pride in seeing that the guests enjoys their stay at the Days Inn while visiting the area. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to comment on the hotel and we look forward in seeing your in the future.
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

I repeatedly stayed at this Days Inn. I found the Manager and staff most accomodating.
The rooms are super clean, spacious, with refrigerator and microwave. I especially appreciate the latter - so I could just stay in and eat if I so desired.

They have a very nice breakfast in the morning also.

Ms. M

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
johnbaird3, Public Relations at Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thank you Ms. M for your most recent review. We are pleased that your stay with us while visiting the area was enjoyable. The staff and management are always going out of their way to ensure that the guest has a positive stay. We also are pleased that the microwave and refrigerator did come in handle for you. Again, thanks for taking time out of your schedule to comment on the hotel and we look forward in seeing you in the future.
jabe813
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

With the great rate I got on this hotel and what seemed like a very convenient location, my expectations were not very high. I was proven otherwise.

I was checked in a room at the very end of the hotel because I was traveling with a pet.

When I checked in, the front desk gentlemen asked if I needed any directions, answers to questions and he offered up menus for nearby restaurants - without me asking. This will be one of 10 hotels I will visit on my trip. At the 4th now, I have yet to have this kind of welcome even at staying at 4 star hotel.

I got in the room and got ready to go to dinner. The dog next store barked, howled and cried for those full 45 minutes. I thought maybe it was because he heard us coming in for the first time and would eventually stop.

I left my 8 year old dog that was exhausted from the trip and doesn't bark unless commanded.

When I got back from dinner the dog was still barking and did so for two more hours.

I called the front desk hoping they could move me. Not only could they do so, they were extremely apologetic and understanding.

Once I move rooms. I settled in and went to sleep. Even though it was St. Patrick’s night, the hotel was very quiet.

The rooms were SUPER clean. Tile floors for pet rooms work very well.

While packing up to checkout, I locked my room keys in the room. I went to the desk to get a duplicate without issue. When I came back to finally check-out, the front desk clerk already had me all set up and ready to go. I thought that was super-nice considering a line had begun to form. It's the little things.

I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
johnbaird3, Public Relations at Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE, responded to this review, March 24, 2010
Thank you TripAdvisor member jabe813 for your review. The staff and management is pleased that your stay with us met and exeeded your expectations. Our entire staff takes pride in making sure that all of our guests enjoy their stay while visiting the area. Being a pet friendly hotel we do at times, have guests that leave their pet unattended. The management makes every effort to located the owner by cell phone and advises them of any situation that effects other guests. Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write your comments and we look forward in seeing your in the near future.
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

The room was clean and comfortable. Good bargain! We were within walking distance to the beach and places to eat. Quaint little town! We were on our way home North and decided to do some site seeing on the way. The staff was very helpful! I left the power cord to my Apple laptop in the room when I left. I called that evening to see if it had been turned in. It hadn't but they said they would check the next day because it had all ready been booked for the next day. I called the next day and sure enough it was turned in! They had no problem mailing it to my home address! It was there when I got home days later. Anyone who owns an Apple knows how expensive this is to replace. I was very pleased.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you TripAdvisor member from Vermont for your most recent review. We are very pleased that your stay with us met your expectations. As you mentioned the hotel is located is a great area, close to shopping, the beach and placing to eat. We do appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to write us your comments and we look forward in seeing you in the future.
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

Receptionist was rude on our arrival. I asked at 3:15pm if it was too early to check in, the receptionist rolled his eyes and replied "I wouldn't check you in if it was".
I said I didn't bring my dog which is a Pitbull terrier as I found a law saying they were banned in Jacksonville. He said I was wrong because his friend had one. (they really have banned them there, his friend is breaking the law, he is lucky my husband was out of his jurisdiction or his friend would have been in trouble)
Night one: Dog barking next door from 1am until 6am. A car alarm sounds for an hour outside our window. I went to reception but there was no one around to help. When we woke up we found that the shower did not work, the water was flowing from a large crack in the wall behind the shower head.
Morning one: Went to reception to complain about the noise and broken shower. Was told there was no manager around and was told to move to a different room. We lugged our bags upstairs and found a smaller double room, not a king that I had booked. In this second room I found hairs in the coffee maker, the heater was out of service and the bathroom door was too big for the frame so it did not shut. We tried the free wireless internet but unfortunately it did not reach this room. We slept and the next morning I went back to reception.
Morning two: Was told there was again no manager, was told to move to another room back downstairs. I went to check this room before we carried all our bags downstairs and just as I was entering a dog began to bark next door. We decided not to stay the third night.
We went to check out and was told yet again there was no manager around and that we had to pay the full amount.
Our third night we went to Amelia Island and had to pay another $89 just to get a good nights sleep. I will never stay at a Days Inn again for as long as I live. If you want a good nights sleep, a clean room and helpful staff I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
johnbaird3, Public Relations at Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Thank you TripAdvisor from Georiga for taking time out of your schedule to write us your comments. First off, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you incurred while staying with us. With your comments, we were able to make positive changes within, to assure you and other guests that issues such as yours would not be repeated. Also, thank you for allowing me to speak with you this morning to address your concerns. If the need arises to come back to our area,
please give us the opportunity to show you our true hospitality.

Travelers are raving about these Neptune Beach hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,378 reviews
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
BEST WESTERN Mayport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oce...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE? Share your experiences!