“Wonderful!”

Mezza Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mezza, opened over twenty years ago as an Italian restaurant, has evolved into a fun neighborhood eatery serving a pot pourri of cuisines. The menu ranges from gourmet wood-fired pizza to nightly specials featuring fresh fish and seasonal game. Enjoy the busy atmosphere of the bar or eat in the quieter surrounding of the main dining room. You might want to venture outdoors into the beautifully landscaped patio. Wherever you eat, choose an accompanying wine from Mezza extensive list or try a cocktail from the full bar. Reservations are accepted and all dishes are available to go. Come and see why Mezza Restaurant and Bar is the beach's finest neighborhood restaurant.Looking for a space to host your next event? Whether large or small, casual or formal we at Mezza would love to help. We offer semi-private and private areas with custom menu and bar packages available. Each custom event package offers seasonally driven cuisine and a wide array of wine, beer or liquor choices. Combined with our well trained knowledgeable staff each event is an unforgettable experience.
Florida
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Everything on the menu is good, the bartenders do a fantastic job, desserts are great, and there's seating in the bar, dining room, and outdoor patio. A real gem for town center and the beaches. Service is stellar as well.

Visited November 2012

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Pleasingly Sophisticated”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went to Mezza Luna's to celebrate our wedding anniversary! We sat out in the court yard very nice! Our waiter was top notch! Food was fantastic. Not much for vegetarians/vegans I had the grilled pear salad it was very good just not a lot of choice. Atmosphere was nice. We really enjoyed our experience.

Visited October 2012
Lyons Falls, New York
“Ok not great”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Well overall ok. The wait staff is nice and personable but a little too busy. The food was good but not great for the prices we paid. I doubt we would actually go back since there are better choices close by. Sorry guys you really need to step up.

• Visited October 2012
“Lovely food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was startled by the recent negative reviews, because I had eaten at Mezza Luna about a month ago and found it quite good. I am sitting here now as I write this during the interval between our starter course and our main course. The calamari was prepared with a slight but welcome twist. Basil leaves and very thin sliced fresh lemon were also dusted in the light batter and flash fried with the calamari. It was served hot with a tasty marinara sauce that I am saving for my next course. Stay tuned...

Just finished our main course. My guest ordered the grouper prepared with avocado and tomato, accompanied with a sauce flavored with bacon. It was good but we wished that the fish had been more seasoned on its own. The winner dish was of our own creation. We ordered a double portion of the appetizer steamed clams in a ginger, cilantro broth with crushed red pepper and then had them put that over angel hair pasta. The tiny clams were perfectly poached and the broth was full of flavor.

We had the lemon cake for dessert and my friend, the baker, gave it high marks. Fresh, light, tangy lemon curd filling and not so tart as to ruin the delicate flavor.

So my experience was on the whole quite positive. Oh, and the service was very friendly and helpful. Really those negative reviews seem harsh.

• Visited September 2012
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Just because its old doesn't make it great. Example: Mezza Luna”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I'm a fed up Jacksonville Beach native who is tired of the lackluster food and service of Mezza Luna. Pretentious staff and people who are really trying to act like the food is better than it is. What's worse is the service and prices don't make up for the average food. My wife, nor my family and friends will be back until some serious changes are made.

• Visited August 2012