“Not worth a second visit”
Review of Dirty Reds - CLOSED

Dirty Reds
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went there a few days ago when a friend told me to check it out. He said he went to dirty reds 2 months ago and the food was great, well we had a very different experience! The service was ok, but then we met the owner and she would not leave us alone. She talked to us for about 15-20 minutes before the server came and took our order. We got the shrimp and grits and gumbo with red beans and collards as sides. The food was just not good. I am a server at the beach and don't like to be rude and send things back, so I asked our server to box it up and we ordered the brownies that our friend highly recommended. Those were really good, but halfway through the brownies, the owner came back by and actually sat down at our table and started talking to us. We finished the brownies and she kept us there for 20 more minutes talking about her personal life and being very loud. The place was empty with no customers so I guess we got the short end of the stick! My boyfriend and I agreed that we would not go back, but from the looks of business the wont be open to much longer anyway.

1  Thank Surfergirljaxbch
There are newer reviews for Dirty Reds

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I read reviews and thought this restaurant would be worthy of a visit. The interior is nice but the bar takes up 1/2 of the restaurant. We ordered the fish dip as an app - nothing special. I ordered the ribs, which were the best part of my meal. Very tender and smokey. But the Mac and cheese - no. The shrimp and grits, which my daughter ordered, were so tangy that she nor I would eat it. Red beans and rice were blah. We've gone back for brownies to go, but nothing else.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

After being seated the owner came to say hello. What a sweet woman.
We ordered the sampler plate with all the bbq and meat. Everything was fantastic however the dry rub ribs where the best I've ever had.
Greens and Mac n Cheese, yummy!
Going back for more soon. This will be a regular hangout for me
: )

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just had dinner there. The four of us loved everything we had - fried oysters, smoked sampler platter, and fried catfish and grits. Friendly staff, the owners came by to check on us, as well. Wonderful bread pudding for dessert. we will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

How do you destroy something as simple as Mac & Cheese? It was a bowl of mush. The shrimp and grits were better, but not by much. Can't blame the server, she was nice. Won't make another trip there.