“Excellent and Reasonable Lunch Menu!”

Sliders Seafood Grille
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Sliders. A beaches tradition for over 35 years has kept sailing while others sank because we don't just cook great seafood, we are beach people who love our beach and the folks that live and visit here."Let's meet at Sliders!" has been a standard catchphrase among beaches residents for as long as most of us can remember. Right from the beginning in the little 30 seat shoebox of a place at the corner of First and Orange in Neptune Beach Sliders was jam packed as folks couldn't get enough of the super fresh seafood and fun local vibe. They still can't.
Ashland
“Excellent and Reasonable Lunch Menu!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was visiting my dad in Jacksonville and when he told me he wanted to go to the beach and have oysters for lunch (which is quite a statement considering he has lived here for almost two years and never has gone to the beach) so I knew the perfect place to take him was the Neptune Beach / Atlantic Beach area.

After looking at the ocean, we headed down the road to Sliders based on the recommendation of another local restaurant that did not have raw oysters on their menu.

Not only is the location ideal in the walkable area of Neptune Beach's downtown, but it has both covered outdoor and indoor dining. Since it was a chilly day, we opted to dine indoors. The waiter was extremely attentive to our needs, and before long we were looking at two plates of oysters and a seafood gumbo that the waiter had recommended.

The dozen oysters were about half what they are at his normal chain restaurant and the presentation was twice as nice. I had Oysters Casino (broiled oysters with cheddar cheese, bacon, and chives). Both oyster dishes were delicious and the waiter even pointed out that these were Texas, not the normal Appalachicola variety - time of year, probably.

Add to that the beer was cold and we were very pleased with our meals and walked out with hardly a dent in our wallet. Highly recommend!

On a side note, when we went it wasn't very busy and we could park right in front of the restaurant only about 50 feet from the front door which is a real plus since my dad is on oxygen and walking is limited.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank TomGrandy

Florida
“Excellent, Fresh and Delicious”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

They have amazing fresh and unique seafood dishes! Plus every time I visit the menu is a little different so there is always something new and delicious to try!

Visited November 2012
United States
“Dog Friendly, People Tasty Dining a Seafood Must-Eat in JAX!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

When I originally saw the restaurant the word "sliders" was a turnoff. I'm not much of a burger person. Boy was I wrong about this place! Some of the best seafood I've ever had. Homemade crab and corn chowder, crab cakes, seared tuna sliders, a full raw bar menu. My favorite was a shrimp dip/spread they had with Captain's crackers. All dishes were paired with the freshest vegetables, sliders made with local bakery breads. Just right portions, not too stingy or generous (we finished everything and were not still hungry). Good selection of wine & beer.

We were brought here by someone who said all the locals raved about it, so I was willing to give it a shot. The service was attentive but not smother-y or rushed (day after Thanksgiving too), and they treated our well-behaved pooch like the prince that he is. I will be here again on my next visit and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who loves seafood.

The only thing I would discourage is bringing a picky eater here.

• Visited November 2012
Florida
“beach casual, relaxed and fun!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a favorite for locals and offers everything you'd expect from a place named Sliders. Full liquor, oysters, fried shrimp, and outdoor seating.

Visited June 2012
Endicott, New York
“Good Seafood On the Beach”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Been here mny times on business and really like the food, I have never been disappointed. Try the soup, very good!

• Visited September 2012