“Roaches”

Best Western Navarre Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Navarre
“Roaches”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Seen a roach on our bed as soon as we finished breakfast.my husband threw it in toilet.front desk gave me no problem giving me a refund.manager asked if we kept it and also said he has a company that will refund him if there is any bugs .before we left the room I seen another one so we trapped it and manager came fast.sad because this place could really be nice . Runned down in some places too.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Ngaraujo
, Owner at Best Western Navarre Waterfront, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Let me start by saying that I feel terrible about your experience at Best Western Navarre Waterfront. My staff and I go to extreme lengths to insure that every guest has a great experience. Your finding roaches in your room certainly does not make for that.
We have a contract with Orkin for monthly pest maintenance in every room and every other part of the building. Upon your reporting the roaches I immediately called Orkin. Their technician was on site within an hour of your departure.
Orkin did not find anymore roaches in your room. They did identify the roach you caught as an Asian Cockroach different from the German Cockroach, which if the type that we sometimes find in our homes. This is the first time I ever heard of an Asian Cockroach.
The Asian Cockroach is common in Central Florida and over the past few years has been slowly migrating into the Florida Panhandle. Unlike the German Cockroach, which is not capable of sustained flight and prefers to live indoors, the Asian lives outdoors and can fly up to 150 feet. The Asian Cockroach is also attracted to light, therefore when the door is open and the lights are on they occasionally fly in.
The Orkin tech referred to the Asian as a clean bug and the German as a dirty bug.
You can find more information by going to www.pestproducts.com/asian_cockroach.htm

Baker Clark
Owner
Best Western Navarre Waterfront

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Houston,Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2012

From the half drunk people at the pool and the dirtiness of the pool, I started to question my choice in lodging. The towels there were more like hand towels, super tiny. The rooms smelled not so clean, but figured it was due to being so close to the Gulf. I thought this place was overpriced and I didn't sleep well thinking of the people I left behind at the pool. Spent one night there and was ready to go the next day! We went over the bridge in the morning and fell in love with Navarre Beach and saw some high rises there. Not sure how much they cost, but that's where I want to stay next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Beaumont
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Smaller nice, clean hotel. Had a great waterfront room. Close to anything you might need. Pool was nice and clean. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Newburgh, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for 10 days last week.The hotel met more than my expectations.Rooms were very clean ,Breakfast was good .Location super close to everything and right on water with beach also excellent for fishing.The most important thing about this place is the exceptional front desk help and service and here I must mention a very outstanding young man Tanner Foster .who made our vacation more enjoyable with smiley face and any info or help we needed ,he also recharged my car battery.Above all great hotel ,perfect location ,very clean and great service. Keep up the good work front desk. Sorry also great housekeeping service

Room Tip: water facing ground level at the back very quiet
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rajiv M
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My family stayed in two rooms during our stay here. One room had a king size bed with a water view, and the other room had two queen size beds with in land view. All the rooms were great and had great views of the water, so if you want to save money you could go for the room with the inland view, and just turn your head. The pool was heated to a nice 80 degrees and was very enjoyable. The only complaint was the breakfast was very boring....two cereals,coffee and boring muffins, we ended up eating breakfast across the street at the Waffle House one day and Sail nn in Gulf Breeze, FL which was very good.

Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have never wrote a review before, but I really want to share what a wonderful experience I have had here at the Best Western of Navarre. I have been going to Navarre at least once a year since 1993. Back then the only choice was Comfort Inn (which is now Days Inn). Best Western came along a few years later, but we continued to keep the tradition of staying across the street until this last trip. I decided to break tradition and give Best Western a try. Oh how I wish I have stayed there since the first summer they were open! The rates are reasonable, check in was a breeze, the rooms are nice and clean. We had a nice little note on our bed table hoping that we have a pleasant experience and if we needed anything to let them know. The view was excellent. The pool was very nice too. They had background music going so there was not that eerie silence you get sometimes when you are in a motel pool. Quite a nice touch. Everything was great. I could not ask for anything more, but you know what, I did get more! After an early morning swim in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico at beautiful Navarre Beach I realize I left my car key in my swim shorts! It is an all in one key fob, it has no regular key you can use. I dried it off in hopes that it would work, but I could not get my car to crank up! My wife luckily had her extra set of keys in her purse, but it was left in the room at the motel! Oh no what do I do? I begin to panic, because it is now 10am and checkout was in 1 hour! I call up the motel and tell them my situation. Thank you Sally for giving me peace and assurance that everything was going to be ok. They were so awesome. They went to my room and got my wife's purse and the general manager himself drove it over to the beach where we were stranded at! We were saved! They allowed us to run a little over on the checkout time so we could get cleaned up before we headed back home. The cleaning team came by because it was time for us to be gone. I told them we had a situation and were running a bit over time. She said no worries we will come back by in a little bit. So nice! We hurry to get ready, because I did not want to take up anymore time over the checkout time than I had to since they were already so gracious. We check out and I thank Sally again for everything. We get 5 minutes down the road and my wife realizes she left here wedding and engagement ring in one of the towels in the room! Oh no I think the worse. We rush back over and again was greeted by Sally. We said sorry to be such trouble, but my wife left her rings in the room. She quickly made me a key. We ran to the room and checked and they were still there. I must say we do a lot of traveling and we are fairly good at it. This was just one of those very odd days that I guess makes up for all the smooth ones we have had. I just want everyone looking at this hotel to know that if you stay here you will not be disappointed. They will and do treat you like family! Thank you Best Western team for an awesome and memorable Memorial Day weekend! You have a new loyal customer!

Room Tip: All rooms have views of the water basically. No rooms have private balconies. Eat at Stinky's Fi...
4 Thank itsmine59
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before, but it has been awhile, although we have probably stayed here 6 times since my last review. This place still gives you a great beach feeling even though it is not on the beach. The beach is just a five minute drive across the bridge. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The furnishings are a little outdated, but still in good condition. The tub and toilet are in a separate room which is cramped, but workable. The staff is always great and the grounds are kept clean. The breakfast is a little below par with other mid range hotels. They do not serve any hot items or meat items, and sadly for me, there were no fresh waffles. The outside table area is still an early morning delight, with the umbrellas and lights, it is a great place to sit and drink coffee. Do be aware that there is a two night minimum stay on weekends during the summer months and prices can fluctuate considerably depending on local events and holidays.

Room Tip: Rooms on the highway side are less expensive but can be noisey and you don't get that beach feel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navarre
Hampton Inn & Suites Navarre
Springhill Suites Navarre Beach
Days Inn & Suites Navarre Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#2 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Best Western Navarre Waterfront? Share your experiences!