“Nice for business travelers”

Hampton Inn & Suites Navarre
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Navarre
Netherlands
“Nice for business travelers”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We picked this hotel, because it said it was at 5 minutes from the beach. Turns out they meant 5 minutes by car (which was actually more like 10 minutes).

The room was vey nice and clean and had everything you migh need. Compared to other hotels the room (King Bed) was bigger then usual and everything was very up to date. Unfortunately the internet connection was terrible! We were at the second floor, but had virtually no wireless signal. When hooking up to the cable, you would expect it to be fast, but it wasn't. My webmail took about 4 minutes to load...!!!

Finally we got done a little early so we decided to check out a day early. We did so approximately 3 hours after checkout-time and they charged us a FULL night. The lady at the desk didn't really want to do it, but her manager made her. It was very unfriendly and poor from a customer service experience.

Bottom line: very nice hotel, nice and clean rooms, friendly personell, unfriendly management, bad internet and poor location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Room was nice and very clean. 5 minutes from beach. My only warning is to call the hotel ahead of time to make sure that the room description on the online site you purchase from matches what you think you are getting. I was traveling with a toddler and was under the impression that my King Deluxe Suite would have a sofa bed, refrigerator, and microwave and all there was was a King size bed -no couch at all, no refrigerator or microwave. The online site translation to the hotel does not necessarilly match. The staff told me that I only requested a King size room -or at least that was what they received. Despite that this is a really nice hotel, I could have gotten more for 150/nite. So, just be sure that you know what you are getting. Oh, and the hot breakfast only included meat one day during my 3 day stay...mostly powdered eggs, cereal (hot and cold), and bread. products. Didn't even have waffles...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
tyler
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The most outstanding thing was the beds, I very rarely can sleep in hotel beds, and I have stayed in all kinds of hotels, for the price I payed I got more than I expected. Navarre beach is very close and its beautifull. The employees in this hotel really care about you, unfortunately a very rare thing this days.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
mattytude
Reviewed April 12, 2009

As a Hilton Honors Platinum member, I stay in many Hampton properties each year. To be honest, I stayed at this location because of the low number of points it required for 2 free nights. Navarre, although beautiful is kinda halfway between Destin and Pensacola, so it has limited options for dining, shopping, nightlife and entertainment. Now that really has nothing to do with the hotel, but I thought I would include the info for those wanting to be close to the major beach destinations.
The hotel is absolutely beautiful, as its one of the new designs interior wise. The rooms are well done and modern in style and a big change from the tired old Hampton look that many of the older properties have. The breakfast dining area is large and nicely appointed as well as the business center and "Suite Shop" conveinience store.
My only complaint and reason for not giving 5 stars was the lack of wireless internet. There is no reason that any major hotel chain should not have this service provided to its guests, remember it's now 2009 not 1999...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mattytude
youngstown, ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn this past week and enjoyed everything about it! The ladies who set up the continental breakfast in the morning do such a wonderful job...everyone at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in a King suite and it was fabulous! Plenty of room...flat screen TV, mini bar area, separate living and vanity area. It is only 5 minutes from Navarre Beach....which is gorgeous, by the way! We would not hesitate to visit there again. There's also a great little outdoor church to attend on Sundays in the parking lot of the public beach..Navarre Beachside Church.

• Stayed September 2008
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed July 22, 2008

This hotel, I think, is the best one that I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very nice and quiet. We were on the first floor, right next to the lobby and heard nothing outside of our room our whole stay. The breakfast was good as well. Although I was a little confused when the brochures and things said "hot breakfast". The "hot breakfast for one morning was a sausage and egg biscuit and for the next morning was a scrambled egg and ham mixture with biscuits. I was thinking that they would have the whole deal bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, etc. but what food they did have was great. Just don't expect a huge hot breakfast. The beds were very very comfortable. The only thing that we did not like is the feather pillows were very very uncomfortable. We had read a previous review and brought our own pillows and I was very glad that we did. And lastly I really did not like the fact that the hotel only has showers (no bath tubs) just because it was very hard bathing a 3 month old in the shower. But other than those small things, our stay there was great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The rooms and sleepingn arrangements
  • Disliked — No bath tubs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 17, 2008

This is where we stay when we go to Navarre. It is a new hotel and beats the Comfort/Days (whatever they're calling it these days) for niceness, and beats the Best Western for both niceness and price. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice (the bedding is great!), the breakfast area is large and the food is pretty good, it's convenient to the beach and when the beach is not right, there's a pool. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navarre
Best Western Navarre Waterfront
Days Inn & Suites Navarre Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Navarre? Share your experiences!