“Average at best”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had lunch at the Sailor's Grill on a Saturday afternoon in late September. After an extensive wait for our food we were told that they were short handed in the kitchen. When the food finally arrived my husband's order was wrong (grilled fish instead of fried). The waitress offered to get his correct order, but we had already waited over an hour and weren't in the mood to wait much longer. Part of the problem appears to be the fact that they also provide the food service for the outdoor bar next door - we saw lots of trays headed outside while we were waiting for our food. I am a vegetarian and most places have at least a few vegetarian items. I was going to order a pizza, but you can imagine my surprise when I was told they only serve pizzas after 5 p.m.! I ordered a salad which was the only vegetarian item on the menu. It was good, but way, way over priced, even for a beach restaurant.

1  Thank roxiecat

Reviewed September 26, 2012

am a local and have been a frequent flyer at Juana's for several years. Last night a few friends were in town staying in Navarre Beach in a condo so we went to Juana's for several drinks. My girlfriend was short at the bar on a round of drinks so she came back to the table to get more cash to settle it up. There was a bleach-blonde bartendar, in her 60's, skin leathered and over weight. Didn't catch her name or else I would have just put that on here, hence the description of her above. I digress. The bartendar stomps over to our table which was located right next to the bar on the outer deck and vehemently states, "The bar tab was $34.50 and you only gave me $34.00." Now, I wasn't part of ordering this round of drinks and was appalled at how she spoke to a customer, forget about the customer being a friend of mine. I laughed and grabbed my wallet and stated, "Here you go, 50 cents." She looks at my girlfriend and loudly states, "AND NO TIP?" At this point my party had already spent about $150 on drinks AND we had tipped out the other bartendar that we were previously being served by. Perhaps an oversight on my friend obviously when she didn't give her enough money in the first place for the drinks because we are all very good tippers. Unfortunately, the manner in which this bartendar spoke was repulsive. After about 30 minutes of being angered by the behavior, I asked to see a manager. Long story short, half an hour later I went to the inside bar and asked to speak to a manager, stating I had been waiting 30 minutes. I am taken to the DJ booth in Club Pagoda where the manager is working. I explain my frustration and he looks at me with an unconcerned demeanor as if he were bothered by my existence. His statement was, "I heard the story but I'm stuck here in the DJ booth. What exactly would you like me to do about it? I mean, I'll have a talk with her and it is definately not okay to ask for a tip." My response to him was this, "First and foremost, a little empathy would be called for right about now and perhaps having somebody approach me since I was waiting to see a manager to tell me that you were not going to handle your staff. If that is how you run your business, there is nothing that you can do. Have a good night." I drank water the rest of the night and allowed my guests to spend another hundred dollars on drinks and enjoy the band.... I will continue to use the docks for my boat and jetskis but I will never return here nor will I bring guests to spend money on an establishment that is overpriced in the first place, but more importantly one that has an owner that just does not care. Shame, shame on this "family owned business".

2  Thank Nicolette74
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been eating at Sailor's Grill for many years and the food is excellent, the service fair and the views spectacular. Be sure to try the key lime pie- it is the best in the world. Also, we always get sticky buns and turtle brownies at the wonderful bakery on site to enjoy later.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great place to go if you don't mind the wait! Get's crowded during tourist season as it's the ONLY local place for breakfast on Sunday. Staff is nice and apologetic (after waiting for a table for 30 minutes and food for 1 1/2 hours). Food is excellent and great value for the $. Wish they would have used their new building to add on to make the kitchen and restaurant bigger! - They certainly could have handled more people much more efficiently.
"If you build it they will come!"

1  Thank Drtxn4ever
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The breakfast food is to die for. No JOKE! The sticky buns are incredible, the pancakes are mouthwatering, Everything we had for breakfast was made from scratch and there is a bakery on site. The staff were fun and friendly and were very accommodating to my family. Also I have to mention the key lime pie that we had for dessert one evening. It literally was the best I have ever tasted. Day and night you can catch league play volleyball and corn-hole tournaments. You can rent jet skis, paddle boards, and hobie cats. There are 2 gift shops and a playground for the kiddies. The view of the sun setting on the sound from outdoor seating is beautiful.
At night for the adults there are two open air bars and a new night club.

1  Thank mom0f354211