“Security ruins the trip”
Review of Summerwind Resort

Summerwind Resort
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very rude security constantly patrolling the grounds making for an unenjoyable experience , and gave the atmosphere a tainted feel, to the point of harassment, if you are looking for hospitality this is not the place

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Creativecircus

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed in Summer Wind East, 1201. Our friends stayed in condos on the same corner - different floors. Firstly, when you go for a beach vacation, you must have somewhere to wash/dry your clothes. Also, the kitchen was invaluable. We ate out a fair amount but not having to do so for every meal saved us a good amount of money. The staff were great and the amenities (pools & workout room) were great too. The location can't be beat - right on the beach, and the condos are a short drive to shopping, restaurants, movie theaters, etc... Overall, great experience.

Room Tip: Find one that comes with a covered parking space. Book with the condo's directly. Get a room on...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GEO_001
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Pretty much the worst experience I've had renting condos. We have owned houses and condos and we have rented them for about 20 years. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Made the reservation via expedia. Got to the property on Saturday around. 3:00. To check in, you go to a different property mgmt company. No one there. There is a phone that auto dials doe check in. 20 minutes to find my reservation and added a $150 cleaning fee for a 2 day stay (ridiculous). Gives me the wrong code for the box that has my reservation. 5 min later gives me the right one. Open the box, 5 other reservations, none of them are mine. Can't give me my "packet" so nothing that proves I'm at the resort. Gives me the combo to the condo (uses codes rather than keys, which is nice). Tells me the code will stay the same for my 2 days. Never once apologized for the inconvenience.

Go to the condo. Code works, yea. Inside condo,1203, is generally clean. 3 TVs, but only 1 has a cable box, so 2 of 3 TVs worthless beyond one useless channel. Maybe my packet if info speaks to this.... Oh yeah, don't have one of those. WIFI shows up but requires a code.... Probably in the packet.
Screwed again.

Day 2. Go to the beach. Come back. Door no longer works. Call the people again. 20 minutes Later, new code. No apology. At least they are consistent.

2 days. Almost $700 bill, including BS cleaning fee and nothing but hassles. Not exactly the getaway I was looking for.

Love Navarre Beach; a true find. Will NEVER stay here again and hope you'll avoid the hassle too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank GJHUSA
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I had previously posted a negative review of 1404 E at Summerwind, but I don't see it. I was so disappointed in the unit, especially the worn stained bedding which was really gross. The bed wasn't comfortable. The unit just wasn't clean, with dirt in the corners, bathtub was stained. The couch and chairs were old and smelly. Sure, I'm being picky and it's just a vacation rental, and maybe I could have washed the dirty bedspread myself, BUT it wasn't cheap to stay there and I won't again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bojoellis
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is our fourth family vacation to Summerwind in Navarre, Florida. This is our third stay in 1201C and again, it did not disappoint. We love this beach and the resort. The updated furniture was a nice surprise and the addition of a bunk bed was a hit with the kids. The kitchen was again well stocked and our every need was met. Family Karaoke at the Pier was a hit with the little ones. The pools were warm and fun and the beach was spectacular. We will be back!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jill R
Reviewed August 14, 2013

For the price you pay you should not have so many rules! Security made me feel very uncomfortable. Location was great but the staff really need to learn what southern hopitality is.As a guest felt like I wasn't wanted. Would go back to navarre beach but would stay at summerwind.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank sharonwbwalker
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had planed to stay five nights, but enjoyed it so much, we stayed one more night since it was available. We rented unit 1304E and were very pleased. It was very clean and had everything we needed. This was our first trip to Navarre and didn't really know what to expect. The staff is friendly and the condos are right next door to the fishing pier. We walked over there every evening to watch the sun set and to see what people were catching. We were there the third week of May and the evenings were a little cool. The beach was clean beautiful and water was like the Caribbean. We plan to visit Navarre again and wouldn't hesitate booking the same condo.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Leisleis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navarre
Springhill Suites by Marriott Navarre Beach
#5 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Summerwind Resort? Share your experiences!