“Best place to stay in Navarre beach”
Review of Summerwind Resort

Summerwind Resort
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best place to stay in Navarre beach”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We spent one whole week at the Inn at Summerwind in April 2010. It was in the first tower of the 3, it was a 1 bedroom condo on the 11th floor.

The condo was huge, a ton of space for a newlywed couple. It was spotless and perfectly clean. The view was amazing. The office let us in early cos we drove 12 hours from Indiana. They were super professional, polite and friendly.

The pool and the building were clean too. The beach was amazing. Eventho they were working on the pier but as if they weren't. It was quiet and peaceful.

I called the office directly and got a great deal for one week. We went to destin and fort Walton for restaurants, movies, parasailing and shopping.

We would highly recommend this place, and we will be coming back soon.

Thank you for the great experience and wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank Elietabet

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed January 17, 2011

The "condo" we stayed in was nice. Everything was clean and spacious with an amazing view of the ocean. Nothing like drinking your morning java on the balcony and watching dolphins swim!! All the pools were in working order and the hot tubs too. The beach is nice, calm and crystal clear. Not a lot of people on this beach, just the vacationers staying the in the 3 high rises that line the water front. Lots of shells here unlike other near by coastlines, and the condo is right next to the pier ( it was being repaired while we there, but I here it is open now). If you are looking for hussle and bussle this is not your place....but if you want nice and relaxing then look no further. We are already planning out next trip here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank kmh1983
central arkansas
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed in Summerwind East condo #703. We rented this condo from Dale E. Peterson Realty. The 2 br. condo was beautiful, and stocked better than my home!! There was nothing that we had to buy except a few groceries!

The view from this Gulf Front condo was amazing. The pool area is very nice, and the children enjoyed it as much as the beach.

I would recommend the Summerwind to anyone planning a beach vacation. The area is beautiful!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank nannax7
Indiana
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed at the Summerwind 1201C and found it to be incredible! The condo is huge! We lacked for nothing during our stay. We found plenty of towels and ample kitchen supplies. With 3 pools to choose from, the pools were never crowded. Some of our favorite moments included shelling at dusk, napping with the master bedroom sliding door open with the sound of the crashing waves and my 2 year old loved running round the enormous L shaped balcony. She and I also took several baths in the gigantic garden tub. She called it our swimming pool. The April weather was perfect for us with 70s all week.

There is a grocery store across the street, but I recommend the Walmart 10 minutes away. There is also plenty of shopping. I found a mall 20 mins away with our GPS. We drove into Destin (40 mins) to spend the day and price some other condos for future trips. We were told the Pelican Beach Resort is incredible. So, I stopped in to check it out. Hands down, the condo at the Summerwind in Navarre is much nicer, larger, more secluded and cost LESS! We will be returning to the Summerwind again and again. It's a jewel!

If you are looking for fun, we went on the Glass Bottom Boat Tour in Destin. Although the glass bottom is deceiving, it was a nice ride and our daughter really liked it. There are actually only underwater windows and you can't see anything but jellyfish that are right next to the window. We saw 30+ dolphins on the ride from the top of the boat. There are many fun things to do in Destin, but honestly, we preferred cooking and eating with the sliding doors open, listening to the crashing waves. It was Heaven.

We are thrilled to go again in August.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Jill R
st. louis, mo.
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We loved Navarre. If you want a quiet, family beach..this is the place to go. Loved the beach, chose a condo with beach service which is very helpful with children. Loved our beach view and watching the dolphins every morning.
Rented through Dale Peterson Vacations. They were very helpful. Check in and check out was easy and they did refund part of our cleaning fee as I ended up cleaning our condo myself.
The condo (703 E) was very dirty. Hair in the sinks, coffee in the coffee pot, black foot prints in the tub, jelly smeared on the table, dirty drink spills around the bar, found wet towels in the dryer 3 days after arrival..needless to say they STUNK! The tile floors were filthy, blinds on the sliding doors were broken and hanging. I have seen 2 or 3 star hotels with cleaner floors.
We will stay here again but will select a different condo.If I was this condo owner, I would be hiring someone else for cleaning.
There was some trouble with the elevators throughout our stay. As anyone with chidlren understands, it's very difficult to climb 7 floors with pool toys, rafts, beach stuff and children in tow. The rental company told us this is a common issue with elevators.
There are three pools, (one for each building- you can use all pools) we did not really find pool crowding an issue. If one pool had a group of loud teenagers, we selected another pool. Wrist bands are very enforced for pool use and we always felt secure on the grounds or in the parking lot. All the staff working seemed helpful and friendly.
In all, Thanks Navarre!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tnun
OKC
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I am NOT in favor of this resort. My husband and I found out we were expecting and my due date is only a couple months later than the planned trip. It is an 11 hour drive for us so my doctor says no travels that far. But guess what even due to my pregnancy they will NOT refund my one night stay plus TAX penalties... yes I have to pay a whopping $240. plus tax for something I will NOT be using. So BEWARE if you make reservations with this REsort don't plan to cancel or you will be charged for a ONE night stay. Even for medical reasons such as myself.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank peaches200121200
Alabama
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed at Summerwind from Sept 4 through Sept 7. Our unit (1202W) was in excellent condition and our view of the beach and gulf were amazing. We have stayed at the Summerwind Complex many times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank TopShelfTequila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navarre
Best Western Navarre Waterfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Navarre
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Portofino Island Resort
Portofino Island Resort
#5 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Summerwind Resort? Share your experiences!