“Great Early Dining Menu”
Review of Little Italy - CLOSED

Little Italy
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our friends introduced us to this place several years ago. Since the new owners have taken over it is much, much better. Live music Friday and Saturday with a fabulous singer (not loud, great background). Their early menu (before 7 pm) is fabulous. Lots of items priced at $10. I ordered veal piccatta last night, my husband had spaghetti and meatballs and our friends ordered bracciole. Huge portions served with wonderful warm bread. Salad is extra but worth it for $3. We have had the same server before and he is always very attentive. You can also eat in the bar. The bartender, Donny, has been there for many years and knows everyone. He makes great drinks and is very personable. This is a local dining spot, off the radar but worth finding. Loads of parking, off 41, just a few miles from downtown Naples.

1  Thank songbirdnaples
There are newer reviews for Little Italy

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A group of friends decided to meet here last week for dinner- a good choice. My first impression was of the old time Italian restaurants my parents use to take me to which were always a great experience, this one was no different.
Old School Italian comes to mind and that is not a bad thing.
The entry way was dark but had a cozy feel.
We met in the bar first which was busy, but the bartender attended to us quickly and in a friendly manner. Most had a house wine which was of average quality.
Once in the dining room our server was friendly and efficient but did not offer much in the way of upselling or walk us around the menu. I think he was holding back as the six of us were always engaged in lively conversation thus it was hard for him to get a word in edge wise.
We enjoyed three appetizers between us, Calamari, Mussels and a Bruschetta. The calamari and mussels were spot-on but the bruschetta albeit flavorful was served on a bed of iceberg lettuce, awkward. The tomato sauce used with the mussels and squid was very well done.
The common denominator with the entrees was a noticeable lack of salt. I had the agli olio pasta which was a gigantic serving. The pasta was overcooked and perhaps not cooked in salted water. Once I hit it with salt to taste it was enjoyable. My wife had the veal piccata, the portion size was heavy on the pasta side, but the veal was tender and enjoyable. I was surprised to see the two entrees being priced equally. $9.99 but the calamari was $11.99??? I’m sure there is an explanation…..
Overall everyone enjoyed the evening as the setting, service, atmosphere and food were just right for the occasion. My wife and I agreed that we would return, but would be more involved in the food preparation if possible.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went there with my gf and we have both ordered pizzas : you can choose what toppings you want.

My gf chose sausage and mushrooms, and i chose pepperonis and mushrooms.

Now here ´s where my Little italy experience turned into a bad diner : the sausage was really poor quality, seriously uneatable (any fast food restaurant does a lot better) and the mushrooms were burned and black... And i really thought there was a freshness problem here... Pretty scary...

It is the first time in my whole life that i eat a so terrible pizza, i mean i could have been to pizza hut it would have been better !!!!

Wake up Little italy, i am sure you can do better, you should rather stop going in too many directions and go for italian specialties at a higher price if u like ! Instead of serving 2 dozens of different plates which are not that italian.

Look for Luigia pizza restaurant in Geneva, this place is authentic italian pizzeria, and it is full 24/7 !

Besides that, service was excellent on my experience, no blame on that at all !

Reviewed July 14, 2013

while flipping thru the local paper we saw they had some summer specials and decided to check them out before heading to a movie. greeted very nicely by the host who seated us quickly. nice attentive and personalbe waiter who was handling many tables in a quick and efficient manner. came back many times to check on how we were doing. specials menu were in separate books and not disappointing. enough of a variety to satisfy anyone. food we received was hot and very eye appealing as well. my wife and i loved it and will be back.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went for dinner while in town on business. I thought I screwed up when I hit the door. It was somekind of discount dining time.

But, to my surprise, my waiter found me a seat with elbow room. The menu, is truly expansive with every type of Italian dish you could imagine. It tool me longer to decide than it did for me to get served. That was a nice change from most places.

The pasta was excellent, not watery of soft. The chicken and veal with sausage dish was an excellent family style. Portions were huge. I changed my mind after ordering because I saw the size of dishes coming out of the kitchen and knew my eyes were bigger than my stomach. I passed on the appetizer after seeing the main portions come out. Should have skipped the salad and bread as well. They were excellent. But I couldn't finish my main course. Nice problem to run into in Naples. A town known for tiny portions and over sized prices.

Will go back when in town again and take my family next time. Was a really nice experience. I was allowed to linger over my meal. Was well attended by the wait staff. The food was damn good for the price and the crowd. They didn't skimp because they were busy. And I was made to feel welcome. All of that for what little I paid, gets me back again.