“Great service, delicious food, nice atmosphere”
Review of The Bay House

The Bay House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bay House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Naples
Cross street: Highway 41
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Really enjoyed our meal here. Can dress up to eat here or dress casually. Not overpriced but would call it fine dining. We had a terrific waitress who was very attentive. Salads were well dressed and tasty; scallops nicely seared and my husband's house special seafood entree (mix of seafood) was very tasty and cooked just right. We had dessert (beignets) and enjoyed it, but a HUGE portion so be sure to share--served 5 large beignets with sauce to pour on them and were full after two! Beware.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We dined on a recent weekday evening and very much enjoyed it. The blue crab bisque had the heat of pepper but too few savory elements for me. My wife very much enjoyed her romaine hearts salad. Wines by the glass are available in a 6 ounce or 9 ounce size which we always appreciate. She also enjoyed her Nashville chicken entrée. I had the surf and turf and found the braised short rib of beef to be one of the best I've ever had with complex flavors. The grilled Gulf shrimp were good as well. We split a couple of scoops of ice cream for a simple dessert. The setting is superb with wonderful views of the river and wildlife.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I decided to try the Bay House for brunch. Having been there for dinner and lunch, we have always found the food and service to exceptional. Brunch was no different. Arrived for our reservation time and were taken to our table immediately. Menu arrived with our server, who offered several suggestions as to starting drinks. View of the water, excellent service, and outstanding presentation of our order food, makes this experience another outstanding visit to the Bay House. I do not believe you could go wrong by visiting the Bay House for any of their meals, brunch, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had been here 3 years ago and recalled it being loud , expensive with mediocre food. Now someone said there was new management so we decided to take another chence....bad decision!!! Sadly, nothing had changed: The prices were now even more off the charts, so we decided to go "easy". Three of us had a glass each of a cheap chardannay @ $10.95 per glass....a bottle of this brand costs
$11.00 in the supermarket!! We each had entres @ $30 each(Some entres on the menu were close to $50). Our bill with tip was just over $200!! You might expect to pay in this range at gormet up-scale establishments, but not here. Our portions were meager filling less than half the plate, but perhaps that was a blessing for what there was of it was dreadful!! My portion of grouper was truly deminutive and its surface, toughened by overcooking. The latter had to be peeled away to get at the edible(just barely) portion. Truly there was very little fish left to eat. The accompanying small bit of roasted potatoes mixed with a few baby(rock) shrimp were as unappetizing as the grouper. My dining mates were equally displeased with their fare.

All in all, the Bay House served poorly prepared food at at totally rip off prices and I would never return here.

3  Thank Carl L
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We recently enjoyed lunch at Bay House and decided we must return for dinner. Our expectations were definitely met! We were seated promptly at a table by the window after arriving on time for our reservation, and our waiter showed up with a wine list and menus. (Unlike Fresh Catch on Ft Myers Beach where reservations mean nothing!).

Our waiter made helpful suggestions, and all four of us loved our choices for dinner. Recommendations: crab bisque, oysters, filet, coastal medley. It was a delightful evening!

Note: We were a little apprehensive about going as after I made the reservation, friends ate in the bar there and had a less than stellar experience: cold steak and poor service. I don't know if this is typical for the bar area or not, but the dining room had no such problems.