“Cafe Luna East”
Review of Cafe Luna - CLOSED

Cafe Luna
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: Cafe Luna offers authentic Italian dishes and an extensive pizza menu, all on the most beautiful patio setting on famed 5th Avenue South. Full bar available. Join us for lunch, dinner, and live music nightly.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just went to Cafe Luna East and its a nice large restaurant but service was very slow. We had to ask for a waiter 3 times before we finally saw a waiter. The food was good as usual but I would only return if we had a group of 6 or more. I prefer the original location even if you have to wait but I never had a problem because I make reservations before I go. The dinner deal is great. I was very happy to see the new location was crowded but I hope the service improves. Maybe the owners need to spend more time here to see that its run properly.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This review is for the new Café Luna East which is located on Rt 41 Tamiami Trail about 5 miles from downtown Naples. The main deal is 2 dinners and a bottle of wine for $29.99. However, unless you stick to your guns it is easy to upgrade and run up your bill. I must say that the service and the food was very good. The steaks and salmon were done perfectly. The pasta dishes at adjoining tables looked hearty and good. Caution is advised when upgrading your choice. Instead of the small app that I thought I ordered for $3.99, the price for the Calamari was $12.99, but it was good. The steak upgrade for $10 was well worth it. However; the salmon ordered by the 2 women, which they thought was on the special came in at a $6 additional cost and listed as a VGD (very good deal) on a separate menu. Priced out at $80 for 2, including tip.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Really liked Cafe Luna. Great informal cafe type of italian restaurant. Very busy with many locals. Really liked the chicken parmesan.
The one complaint I had was that there is a cigar cafe two doors down and if you eat outside you are breathing the cigar smoke the entire time you are eating. If you want to smoke cigars you should go inside and not inflict the carcinogens on everyone else! (including children)
Not the fault of Cafe Luna but the fault of discourteous cigar smokers!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Good food, great location on 5th, right in the middle. Note, if you come in March, all restaurants will be packed and will not seat you on time as the 5th avenue is crazy. Not an issue, just be prepared. Naples is busting in March. Slow down and enjoy it.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Having never dined at Cafe Luna, we took advantage of the US41 location (closer to us, no parking hassles, like 5th Avenue). Although a Saturday night, had no problem getting a reasonable time on OpenTable for my wife and myself. Arrived at restaurant and asked to be seated outside. We were told that there were no tables, but the maitre D juggled a few things and we were seated at a very nice table outside. Opted for the $29.99 special for two and upgraded $5 each for better selections. When my wife asked if there was any difference between the special and regular menu items, we were told that the specials are a little smaller and don't include salad. Feeling that it was a still a good deal, we ordered a "side salad". (Menu showed dinner salads for about $10 and "half portion" for $5,50). The waiter served some wonderful Italian bread (so good we asked for more), but we had to ask for butter (it wasn't served with butter or oil). We were surprised when the bill came that the salad was about $10, and asked the waiter if that was a mistake on the bill, since we had asked for a "side salad". He only said that they didn't do side salads. He never suggested a half salad. Note that the salad served was plenty for two people to split.

All in all, the food was good, but not outstanding. With the exception of the salad thing, the service was almost overwhelming, in that the waiter was frequently at the table to see if we needed anything and if all was ok. I'd say Cafe Luna offers a good meal at a reasonable price.