“Rude”

Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Aburn, Ma
“Rude”
Reviewed July 21, 2006

The hotel was ok....... I had a few things go missing while I was there and at first i wasent sure if it was a staff member or another guest but then i remembered IT WAS IN MY ROOM!
So that brought the stay there down. The staff was not that good.Actually when i think back they weren't that helpful at all! I think they were rude and acted like they wanted absoultly nothing to do with you. Check in was a hassle and the maid service was ok :-/
The pool was nice but the rude staff on the way there made me want to go back and and sit in my room. It was in a nice location and the rooms were a little small compared to the pictures online. The balconies were also small but over all the rooms were nice. Check out was great. All though it seemed like i was doing it my self seeing the people at the desk just sat there and stared at me .

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Cassy987651

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2006

I stayed at this property in March and it was a disaster. From the start the front desk was extremely rude & arrogant during check in. I was put in a room that was decent but not what I paid for so I had to switch. I again got an attitude from the staff. I was told specifically by the assistant manager that the property had HBO, which is why I booked there, and it did not. This may seem trivial, but it was actually important for my job. When the time came at 9:00 to settle into bed I discoverd the manager was incorrect. I was extremely irritated and called down to the desk & was told I could speak to a manager in the morning. Why would a hotel this pricey not have cable when every other cheap motel has it?? The next morning I went to check out & speak to the manager but was told that the appropriate person to speak with was not in yet. I left the hotel but was promised a phone call. After a few hours went by I realized I had left my jacket, which was very expensive, in the room closet. I called the hotel and asked if the manager was in yet. I was greeted by a very brisk man who seemed annoyed I was bothering him. I told him the situation with the cable and that I had been assurred they had HBO, then mentioned the jacket. He told me the jacket was no longer in the room and that I must have lost it elsewhere. I told him I had definitely left it in the closet & he told me I was mistaken! He then went on to say that none of his staff would have taken it and that "I probably left it in a bar." I told him that he was being extremely rude & he said I "was looking for someone to blame for me misplacing the jacket!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I then got into the cable issue and he said "I should have checked out that night if I was so unhappy." I went on to say that when traveling people want to relax & not leave their hotel in the middle of the night. I also commented that I had dinner & drinks in the hotel restaurant and just wanted to retreat to my room. He then said that it wasn't his fault if "I couldn't control my drinking enough to have been able to check out & I probably left my jacket on a bar stool." I was so stunned & horrified by his blatant rudeness & insinuations. It was horrible and I was never compensated. Management has no idea how to provide good customer service.

• Liked — The pool & location
  • Disliked — The rude staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't leave anything valuable in your room
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank hotre
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 14, 2006

Inn on Fifth was a delightful surprise! Trusted the better reviews on Tripadvisor (as I always do!) and was more than pleased. Room was perfect for me, my husband and 12-year-old...right off the pool and whirlpool (clean and plenty of towels). Hotel staff was pleasant and very helpful with restaurant suggestions. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2006