3,226 results
All reviews club level rooftop pool fifth avenue perfect location free valet parking shops and restaurants old naples within walking distance boutique hotel the main hotel beautiful hotel valet service downtown naples hot tub off season self parking continental breakfast
Reviewed July 14, 2016

We decided to give Naples a try for an overnight stay at the beginning of July. We had heard plenty about the shopping, etc and the Inn on Fifth got great reviews. I'll say that overall we were very happy with the room, club staff and facilities. The Club rooms include a lot of extras that really add value, and we made sure to take full advantage of the services.

One thing we were disappointed with was the valet staff, particularly the shuttle service. Getting an answer from the staff was next to impossible and then it was made clear that they expected a nice tip for the service because they were doing us a favor. I'm sure they were having a very important conversation while there were zero customers needing valet service. A very disappointing attitude from this level of hotel staff, so much so that we decided to use Uber instead of dealing with the valet staff any more and their "free" service.

I would recommend staying at the Inn on Fifth, especially in the Club rooms. Just make sure to self park and either walk or use Uber to get where you want to go.

Room Tip: The Club rooms are quiet and you can get a balcony over Fifth Ave
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Judy N, Front Office Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Dear Busterford,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review based on your previous stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to perfection. Our main goal is to provide our guest with a memorable experience and with the utmost courteous service. It seems we have some room for improvement, which we will certainly work on. I am glad however, that you did enjoy our suites, services, and amenities at our Club Level. We hope to have you with us again sometime in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2016

Fantastic! Inn on Fifth Club Level will be our new destination for a quick getaway! The staff is friendly and very accommodating. Nancy, our concierge for check in and departure could not have been nicer! We are playing our next visit in the near future.
All the staff was exceptional and friendly!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
Judy N, Front Office Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

Dear southfloridamom,

It brings us much joy to hear from you after your recent stay with us. Your kind words and compliments mean the world to us and are highly appreciated. Nancy will be delighted to hear that she in some way helped to make your stay with us a special memory. We cannot wait to have you visit us once again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2016

If your looking for a modern,clean and super friendly and centrally located Hotel in Naples, look no further Inn on Fifth is it. Fabulous Bell boys, to front desk staff to housekeepers to the Roof top terrace pool staff, we couldn't fault anyone. Very friendly, helpful and courteous. Highly recommended. I visited Naples with my wife and 3 girl friends and throughly enjoyed Inn on Fifth.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Mark8465,

Thank you so very much for your kind words! we are filled with joy at hearing your stay with us was a memorable one. I am glad that you enjoyed our modern decor, as well as our central location, and of course our friendly staff. We hope to have you visit once again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2016

Huge rooms, super clean, staff was excellent and couldn't be more helpful. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that your stay was memorable. We arrived at the Inn after a 4 hour motorcycle ride from the east coast and the poolside cocktail service was just what the doctor ordered!

Room Tip: I had a poolside room on the second floor which made it so convenient to get in or out via the sliding glass patio door.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends

Dear xbison,

Thank you so much for writing us this review! It brings me much happiness to know that our friendly staff helped to ensure that your stay with us was a memorable one. A four hour motorcycle ride sounds like lots of fun! I am glad that you took advantage of our pool area and got to relax with a drink or three, which I am sure you needed after the long ride. If you find yourself in Naples again in the near future, don't forget to come see us!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 13, 2016

Let me start by saying this is our 3rd stay at the Inn on Fifth. Obviously we liked it enough to come back two more times. However, this last stay was lacking in several ways.

We arrived for our 3pm check in at 2:45. The valet was not very friendly. Did not say hello. But the front desk staff was pleasant and welcoming. The room was ready! It was very clean and lovely. We specifically booked our room in the non-club level due to the balcony overlooking 5th avenue and the jacuzzi tub. We stay in hotels just because of tubs! After walking around all day, there is nothing like taking your clothes off and relaxing in a warm bubbling bath. But it was not to be.

Once in the room, we unpacked everything and tried to settle in on the bed for a quick nap before meeting friends for dinner. Upon laying on the bed, I immediately felt myself sinking in. Really sinking in! I am 5'3 and 130lbs. But I dropped into this bed like a ton of bricks. My husband said "you look like you've fallen into a hole". My shoulders and hips immediately started aching telling me it was a "no". So we opened the pull out sofa because I just want a good night's sleep and I do not care how I get it. Unfortunately the pull out mattress was uneven. Firm. But had hills and valleys from top to bottom. That wouldn't work either.

So we called and spoke to the manager. Alexandra was courteous, thoughtful and helpful. After a few minutes, she called and said they would upgrade us to "club level" across the street. We would have to give up our amazing view and the jetted tub. Bummer. But we had friends staying on that side and thought it would be nice to be closer to them for drinks in the evening.

The room at club-level was gorgeous! No mincing words here. They did an excellent job of designing and decorating the new rooms.

The bed was "better" but still saggy. After sleeping on it the first night, I woke up with back and shoulder pain. I booked a massage at DiVine Day Spa and the woman who massaged me said she gets people from the Inn on 5th all of the time who complain about the beds. Time for new beds?

Really just wanted a good nights sleep! The bathroom's at club level have motion sensors that turn the lights on full blast. So if you get up in the night to go to the bathroom, you will get bright lights right in your face. It really is quite startling. It isn't a soft night light which would have been welcome. It's all of the bathroom lights on full brightness. It woke my husband the first night I got up and they stayed on for a long time even though I tried to shut them off. Could only figure out how to turn off the light in the water closet. Try to hold it if you can.

Before retiring for the night the first night, I unplugged the alarm clock. I always do this on vacation to prevent being awoken in the middle of the night by someone else's alarm setting. Alas, even though the LED display went blank when I unplugged it, unbeknownst to us, the alarm clock has a small battery. At 3:30 am it started blaring. Would'nt it be a nice touch to train the maid staff to turn off the alarm when they clean rooms?

Club level has some nice features. There is a hot tub on the roof which is quite nice looking. We knew we couldn't relax like we could in a private tub, but thought it a nice touch. Unfortunately, lightning started when we wanted to go in for a dip. So another "no". Another reason we missed the jetted tub.

There is a continental breakfast at club level. No hot food. No restaurant open in the morning. No room service for breakfast. For breakfast, you can have cold cereal, toast, fruit and muffins or you have to drive/walk to a restaurant for hot food. This is a huge negative. Even 3 star hotels always have a hot breakfast! And I have never stayed in a hotel that didn't have room service available most of the day. It's an indulgent treat we look forward to when we vacation. Luxury? Not so much.

The "happy hour" at club level is quite nice. It's the best thing they do. There are top shelf alcohol choices and a nice spread of nibbles. This was our favorite part of our stay.

The "dessert" in the evening was underwhelming. The little desserts on one tray are small bite sized unidentifiable sweet things. They just didn't look fresh. The presentation is unappealing. So we passed and opted for after dinner drinks instead. They had Kahlua and ice...great! They did not have cream. So I couldn't make my favorite after dinner drink. The concierge said we could just open a bunch of the coffee creamer packets. Really? I found it odd that they didn't have cream and asked if they had full-fat milk which he did go in the back and bring out.

Maid staff at club level are very good. They are friendly and accommodating. We had our room cleaned and the pull out bed made up so I could have that option there as well. Unfortunately that pull out bed was also lumpy. I just sucked it up and slept on a saggy bed. My body is still not happy about that.

PROS at Club Level:
*Great Location in Naples. The best!
*Concierge and Front Desk staff are friendly and accommodating.
*Rooms and facilities are very clean.
*Rooms are beautifully decorated.
*Nice toiletries.
*Maid staff friendly and accommodating.
*Ample towels in the bathroom.
*Luxurious shower. Large and great shower head.
*Quiet at night.
*Cold refreshing water in the main lobby all day. So when you pass through to your car, you can grab a drink.
*Top shelf drinks in the evening.
*Champagne all day (I don't drink it, but our friends enjoyed it.)
*Cold drinks and snacks available all day.
*Beautiful roof top deck with hot tub and comfy chairs for lounging.

CONS at club level:
*Saggy uncomfortable beds.
*Annoying motion detecting lights in bathroom that come on at full brightness in the night.
*Alarm clocks that do not turn off when you unplug them.
*No hot breakfast.
*No room service available until nighttime.
*Valet is on the other side of the road.
*Our room had a tiny balcony barely big enough for one person to sit (2 could stand) overlooking a parking lot.
*No jetted tub.
*Soft water made the shower floor very slippery.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon1967Tampa

Dear Sharon1967Tampa,

It saddens me enormously to hear the many ways in which we failed to impress you during your last stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we value your loyalty, and we will certainly take into consideration all of your recommendations. We hope that your overall experience was still an enjoyable one, and that you provide us with the opportunity to redeem ourselves during your future stay in Naples.