“This is a great value & a great hotel”

Residence Inn Naples
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Ontario
“This is a great value & a great hotel”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and it is a great deal. From the Marriott website if you stay a minimum 5 nights in Oct you can have a 1 BR suite for $76/night. Every room has a full kitchen with an icemaker fridge. With the great deluxe breakfast and the 3 nights of managers reception with food, beer & wine, you can't beat this deal. I do have to agree with the others regarding the noisy a/c units. They could certainly be a lot quieter.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onehappyretiree

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Berkshire England
Reviewed September 12, 2009

This hotel offers good value for money and is particularly ideal for long stayers. I stayed here for one month and the suites are very spacious and clean. Free WiFi in the room.
bahtroom, separate bedroom, lounge with kitchen area and spacious dining table plus writing desk. There is a laundrette which comes in handy for long stayers. Although I did not make a lot of use of it, there were about 3 free barbeques a week inclusive drinks. The breakfast got a bit boring after a while and towards the end of my month stay I actually bought cold meat and cheese from the local supermarket to get some more variety for breakfast. Perhaps my European tastebuds are not completely accustomed to an American breakfast.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank LeoBerkshireEngland
CANADA
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed for three nights and were very pleased.The facility is clean and well maintained with ample parking.You cant beat the price.Will stay here again....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Orange Park, FL
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Everything was great. The rooms were clean and spacious (we had a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms). The kitchens were fully equipped but the cabinets could use some updating, but no big deal there. Overall this was a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This must be one of the oldest Residence Inn hotels around - it certainly looks like it. We arrived here from the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral, and were pretty shocked at the difference in standard. The next morning, there was a strong smell of smoke in our bathroom, and the corridor smelled like a smoking hotel. In combination with the AC noise (see below), we would have checked out right there and then if it wasn't for the fact that we had prepaid for a week. As it was, I called to the front desk to complain, and they assured me they'd look into it. When the problem continued for the next two days, I called again, and got the same response, but this time I added that I'd be calling Marriott if the problem continued. That got a reaction - they offered to move me to another room. When I pointed out that we had a lot of stuff unpacked and didn't want to move it all, they offered to move it all for me, which I thought was impressive. In the end I agreed to wait another day, and the next morning the bathroom didn't smell like smoke, and the corridor was a bit better. Maybe they need to install better smoke alarms?

Someone else here compared the sound of the air conditioner to a 747 at takeoff, and that's about right - I've never heard so much noise from an AC unit - I got no sleep at all the first night. However this was only a problem in one of our 2 bedrooms, so we solved this by swapping bedrooms with the kids, who didn't seem to mind at all. The windows don't block sound well at all, so there's a fair bit of noise from the road, too, depending on where your room is located in the hotel, but this wasn't a huge problem.

The pool area is pretty basic, but the kids loved it.

Now onto the good stuff. The gym at this hotel is the best I have ever been to at a Residence Inn, and I've been to plenty of them. There's a huge LCD TV with remote control, great AC, and plenty of machines. So if you use the hotel gym a lot when you travel, this is the hotel for you. The breakfast was pretty good by Residence Inn standards - plenty of room, not ridiculously crowded. As noted above, the staff were friendly and proactive - they even sent me an email after I checked out asking if everything was OK. The in-room internet was lightning fast and 100% reliable, which was a huge relief, after the problems I had at the last hotel.

The area is excellent - you have the beach nearby (there's a free shuttle if you don't have a car with you), and the restaurants and shopping are very hard to beat. There are good choices nearby, and if you are willing to drive 10 miles or so, you have a veritable Manhattan of choices - a huge selection of really fantastic restaurants at reasonable prices.

Overall, after a week, this hotel (and Naples) won me over, and I would seriously consider coming back here again, if the hotel offered a rate as good as the one I had this time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Booked the room for $35 on Priceline.com. To say this is an amazing deal is an understatement. 1st, upon entering the room we were amazed at the cleanliness of hotel and room. We wanted to get some ice as the automatic ice maker in the fridge had been shut off... We asked the maid who was cleaning another room where the ice maker was... She volunteered to go gdet ice for us!!!

The manager meet and greet and the breakfast the following morning made it feel like they were paying us to stay at this hotel... WILL be staying here again!!!!

Some bonus... FREE INTERNET ACCESS & FREE PARKING!!!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank danfmbuf
South Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip to Naples. We stayed at this hotel and were happy that we did. The staff was very friendly. Our room was lovely and very roomy. It had a big kitchenette with full size appliances. It had about everything you could possibly need...dishes, silverware, coffeemaker, etc. It had a bar with two nice barstools. Our room had a nice sofa and chair, a desk, and a queen size bed. It was very clean. Yes, we did hear the air conditioner a little...but it was not noisy enough to even be a concern. There was a large breakfast buffet each morning with something that should please most anyone. We would absolutely stay here again...and intend to! It was very nice and we couldn't believe what a great value it was. You should definitely check it out. Cudos to you Residence Inn!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple