“Mildew / Mold smell overwhelming”

Residence Inn Naples
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed at the hotel while in town for the Naples Half marathon. Hotel was fine. Room was fine, until you got near the bedroom. The mildew / mold smell was very strong and you could see it growing on the fabric wallpaper next to the shower. Staff called to ask how our room was and we told them of the issue and they offered to move us. We said we're only staying one night but Room 136 needs some bathroom work before any new guests arrive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Jon D
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback. We are glad to know that overall the hotel & room were fine, but sorry to hear about mildew / odor near the shower. We understand that moving to another suite might not have been convenient, and our staff is trained to go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. Our Maintenance team inspected and corrected the situation shortly after you checked out. We hope you will give us another try when you return to Naples. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in November' 13 in a 2 bed apartment.

The complex is on a main road giving easy access to Naples centre, shopping malls (5 mins) and beaches (about 10mins by car). Even though on a main road we did not encounter much noise.

The room was well equipped small kitchen, dining table, two bathrooms. It was cleaned well and there is daily room service.

There is breakfast in the morning with a selection of bread, muffins, cereals, fruit, yogurts and you can even make your own waffles.

Reception were very helpful providing info and directions on local area.

There is a small pool and Jacuzzi along with a basketball court.

On weekday evenings they have social evenings, and provide what they describe as a light snack. However there was more then plenty. We especially liked the bbq night.

We had a good stay and it was great for a base we have two small children and we would probably choose somewhere which had more childrens facilities however for the price we paid this was fantastic value and would recommend for couples and business travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank K1000M
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

You summed up your visit very nicely! Thanks for sharing your experience, and recommending Residence Inn Naples to other travelers. Many would agree that we are an excellent value for the price paid. Your kind comments will be passed along to our staff, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Florida.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I (and our puppy) spent a week at Residence Inn in Naples (November 30th- December 7th). we have spent our vacations for the past 13 years in Europe, and in the Caribbean, and decided to try Florida too this year. I believe we could not have made a better choice! Staff is friendly and courteous and ready to go the extra mile just to make you happy; engineering is very rapid in solving any issues (there was a small malfunction with our microwave oven, and it was repaired in no time); rooms are clean (a little dated, but they were installing granite countertops, and replacing furniture as we were there, and really... this is not that important); pool area sparkling clean, as well as facility grounds; generous breakfast, both submarine and continental; Monday through Wednesday free dinner (the Wednesday night is grill night!) and Sunday is Sundae day :-); very convenient location; friendly and quiet residents; very good Wi-Fi connection; new mattresses; grocery shopping service; electronic key access everywhere, meaning safe. I may have forgotten other details, but one thing is sure: I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Think about the fact that they have clients from abroad who spend months there... would they do that if it wouldn't be nice, friendly, clean, and home-like? By all means, I want to congratulate the manager, and all staff (just to mention few names here:Vivian at the front desk, Lucian - engineering) for making our stay extremely pleasant! We will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank anelia428
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience on tripadvisor. It sounds like overall you had a great visit to Southwest Florida, and enjoyed the hotel very much. We apologize for the microwave trouble, but glad to know things were resolved. We appreciate your feedback very much, and I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. Hope to see you back at Residence Inn Naples very soon, and have a happy and healthy New Year!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for about two months while on business, and we really enjoyed our stay.

The location was convenient to just about anywhere in Naples, the grounds were very clean, the meals were tasty, and the staff is great. We appreciated the staff's attention to the details we appreciate in an extended stay hotel.

Thanks.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob C

Thank you so very much for the awesome review! We are extremely pleased to know about your experience, because we work hard to provide a "home away from home" feeling for all guests, especially those who stay as long as you, and who are here on business. I will make sure that everyone on our team hears about your stay, and we hope you can return when you have time for a vacation!!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been staying at Marriotts for 6 plus years now for business. I have spent 101 nights in Marriott locations this year alone. I will never stay in another Marriott because of this Residence Inn. I had accidentally broke one of their precious "pictures" because i leaned on it a bit adjusting the bedding in my room. The glass shattered all over my bed and I cut my self badly. I cleaned it up as best as I can. and the picture itself was just fine. The following day after coming back from my work I was LOCKED OUT of my room. I had to go to see the Principles office just to be allowed back into my room where my personal possessions were at. I had to be humiliated by the Assistant General Manager and was told even though I spend about $20,000 a year with Marriotts they were going to charge my $150 for the damage. I was shocked that this is the way they treat their Platinum customers. I warned Jodie, the assistant manager that if I was charged, then I will take my business else where. I guess she made the decision to not give a care and now the Marriott is out for my business travels.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael R
RSWNA, Manager at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

We are surprised by your story because it differs from actual events that occurred during your stay. The morning after you arrived, we received a report about loud noise coming from inside your suite between the hours of 12:50AM – 2:30AM. This disturbance prevented several other guests from having a restful night.
Around 2:00AM, hotel staff knocked on the door to your suite, and they could hear loud banging, and glass breaking inside your room, which did not sound accidental. Later, we discovered a picture on the wall above the bed in your suite that had been smashed, with broken glass and scratches on the photo. You were only charged our replacement cost.
Management never locked you out of your room, and graciously made a new key when you needed one the next day.
While we hate losing any customer to other brands, we understand that it is inevitable at times. Marriott strives to treat their guests with courtesy and respect, and we hope for the same in return. We wish you the best during your quest for alternative lodging.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The pool is nice, the grounds landscaped nicely, and it is easy to find this hotel. But this repeat visit found the furniture simply worn out, the bathrooms stained though clean, the carpets in need of replacement, and the general level of the room just tired and old. The sofa in our suite was stained and so worn as to be uncomfortable. The maintenance men who came to repair our leaking refrigerator (flooded the floor twice in four days) were charming and helpful, promising to replace the fridge the day we left. The breakfast was ample and the attendant friendly and helpful. But this facility needs to be closed for a complete renovation, not piecemeal measures if it is to satisfy Marriott customers. Oh, the price is fair for Naples.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are the quietest except when the service trucks parked back there are In use.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coloradoeagle
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing your opinion on trip advisor. We are happy to know about the good things you experienced, but sorry to read about the description of your suite. Your comments have been noted and shared with the appropriate personnel.
Built brand new in 1999, Residence Inn Naples is in a continuous process of maintaining & updating its facilities, and we regularly replace items that no longer meet our standards. Carpeting and furniture are professionally cleaned, and because the hotel stays very busy throughout the year, it is not always possible to access certain suites that might require more attention than others, however we do our best to maintain consistency with all rooms.
We do appreciate your positive comments about our grounds, staff, complimentary breakfast buffet, pricing, and central location. Rest assured that plans are in place to correct our faults. If you do decide to return, I am confident you will see improvement, and hopefully we will be able to regain your trust. Thank you.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Excelent friendly staff make it pleasure to stay although the property is in need of a face lift it is good value with many little extras. We look forward to returning year after year. The social nights three times a week are well attended

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank antony121
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

We love reading reviews like yours! Thank you!! I will share your comments with our entire team, and hopefully the hotel will have a "new look" when you return next November. Warm wishes to you from all of us at Residence Inn, Naples.