Residence Inn Naples
Courtyard Naples(Naples)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Naples Grande Beach Resort(Naples)
  • Pool
All reviewsbasketball courtbedroom suitepool areafull kitchensofa bedfire pittamiami trailsocial houreach morningdining tablemake your own wafflesyogurtfree breakfastsmall kitchenhot tubwould stay againbeach shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel was in a good location since I was there on business. If I were there on vacation I would rather stay closer to the beach or downtown. There are tons of resturants close. I stay at Residence Inn's all the time, but I think this is the first one I stayed in that didn't have an oven. There was a stove top and microwave, but I only eat baked foods so it was not good for me. The breakfast was excellent and it was pretty quite at night. Overall, it is a good location if you are on business travel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Erin N
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

We really appreciate your feedback, thank you! Residence Inn Naples is centrally located about 3 miles from downtown, and less than 1 mile from the beach. Certain suites have ovens, and we can usually accomodate one upon request. We hope to see you again during your next business trip or vacation! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I and our two young kids stayed at this Residence Inn in Naples for the past week, and we had a wonderful experience! Even though it isn't within walking distance from the beach, it is located in a perfect central spot in Naples. It's on the main road that we used to get just about everywhere while we were there, and it's within 5-10 minutes of many different great beach options (which was the main activity we did each day - and we were able to check out beach chairs and a beach umbrella for free from the hotel). The courtyard in the middle of the property is beautiful and has a resort feel to it - pool, hot tub, tables, basketball court. Our one-bedroom suite worked beautifully for our family - we had a really nice kitchen area (full-size fridge, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, cabinets with dishes and glasses, silverware, small dining table) and we also had a sofa bed in the family room (that wasn't nearly as comfortable as the actual bed, but that's usually how it goes with sofa beds). While we enjoyed all aspects of our stay at this Residence Inn, our favorite part by far was the food. The hot breakfast every day was very good and filling (though my husband and kids had wished they served bacon one day in addition to the sausage!), and we were pleased to discover that on two of the evenings we were there, the hotel also served a light dinner (meatball sandwiches one night and a baked potato/nacho bar the other night). Having all of this great food included in our stay really helped us stay on top of our tight trip budget, which we appreciated. Also, the staff at the front desk, serving the food and cleaning our room were all very friendly and pleasant the whole time we were there. We can't imagine staying anywhere other than at a Residence Inn from now on, and, if we're in Naples again, we'll definitely stay at this particular Residence Inn again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank beachbeez

Thank you very, very much for sharing your wonderful experience at Residence Inn Naples. As you wrote, there are many, many great reasons to stay here. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I started staying at the Residence Inn Naples approx. 5 years ago. I would come dowm to Florida, from NJ, to visit my mom in Melbourne for a week in the winter and a week in the summer. She and I would go to visit with my brother and his family in Lehigh Acres for a pleasant afternoon & evening. I used to book us a 2-bedroom suite at the Residence Inn in Ft. Myers.....until it became so run down that we couldn't tolerate it anymore. Then I tried this one in Naples and it was a big uplift, considering what we left.

Generally, I've found the rooms to be clean -- although on more than one occasion there were damaged lampshades, shoulder-high dirt marks on door lintels and bathroom doors. The air conditioner (as others have said) was noisy.

On one occasion, having booked a 2-bedroom suite for mom and myself, we arrived to find that our suite had been 'given away' to the previous tenant who chose to "stay an extra few days". This would not have been much of a problem most times, but my mom was a nervous traveler and she wanted us to stay together in the same suite (she was 92 yrs. old). All the other 2-bedroom suits were taken, so they offered us 2 across-the-hall-from-each-other single bedroom suites instead. This WAS NOT a sign of good mangement........giving away the accommodations of a booked reservation. The manager should have moved the previous tenants into 2 suites instead.

The summer rates are reasonable, but the winter rates for those same rooms are sky-high......especially around Christmas time.

Now for the good points! Although there have been incidents where garbage trucks have come in early in the wee hours of the morning to pick up the dumpsters.......that happens in every hotel. I dare say, we'd complain a lot more if the garbage started to seriously smell because it had been left out in the hot sun all day to bake and decay!

The breakfast served at this Residence Inn is similar -- if not identical -- to breakfasts I've enjoyed at all the Residence Inns at which I've stayed: It was terrific! Never a shortage of plates, silverwear, or foodstuffs. The people who were responsible for replenishing the supplies have always been "Johnny-on-th-spot!" and graciously friendly and helpful. The food, as always, was delicious and well-prepared.

The managerial personnel at the front desk have always been helpful, courteous, and downright friendly whenever I've had to interact with them.

The housekeeping staff try their best, but they don't leave every room in pristine cleanliness all the time. Sometimes you do see a smudge here or there, or possibly a hair or two on the shower wall (yuk!). But this is just a quality control issue that needs to be addressed by management -- perhaps a personal inspection by the manager of each room once it's been prepped, before putting it up for availability -- would solve that problem. I found the rooms to be nicely painted and decorated, and fresh sheets on the beds, and very clean and orderly bathrooms. When I go to a motel, if these things are met, then that's 90% of the grade as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding the groundskeeping.......it's nothing short of SPECTACULAR! Walking along the pathways between buildings is like walking through a tropical paradise!

All-in-all, I will still continue to patronize the Residence Inn Naples until such time as it's quality starts to decay........at which point my feet will find other places to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back, near the dumpsters, are generally quiet and peaceful. This is where their 2-bedroom suites are located. But you may have to contend with the occasional garbage truck sound as it's picking up it's haul. If you suspect that there might be a chance of their giving away your room to someone else (as happened to me) just explain to the front desk that they are not to give your room away for any reason whatsoever. They've been very good in respecting those wishes ever since that incident happened.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank John D
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We also very much appreciate your long standing history, and loyalty. We are very happy to read that overall you have had mainly good and positive experiences, and we apologize for not having your 2 bedroom suite available the day you arrived. Please understand that some guests are forced to extend their stay due to cancelled flights, sick relatives, or delayed real estate closings. We have no control over this, but always make our best effort to accomodate by offering the best available solution with whatever options are available at the time. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience, and promise to make every effort to prevent the same thing from happening again. Kind regards from Residence Inn Naples.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is typical residence inn. Suites are not huge but have full kitchen. 1 b/r suite is same size as studio suite, except it has a wall. I wish residence inns would have some rooms with king size beds instead of just queens. Buildings have no common entryway to main building where breakfast is served. So when it rains, plan on getting wet, as we did.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MIAMISHEILA
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We appreciate your honest review, thank you. As you point out, Residence Inn's are fairly consistent. Our standard suites are typically 1 & 1/2 times larger than standard hotel rooms. Newer properties have King bed options, with corridors that connect to lobby and dining area. Sorry you got wet. We certainly hope to see you back again!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The room and property were average, nothing to brag about. The breakfast was good with a variety. Several blocks from beach, but you need a car to get there. Staff was friendly and willing to resolve issues. Would recommend. Didn't give higher score because the furniture was outdated and could use a makeover.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rivera9101
RSWNA, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your positive experience, and also for recommending us on TripAdvisor. Our free beach shuttle can provide guests with a quick and comfortable ride to and from Lowdermilk Park Beach, just over 2 miles from the hotel. Plans are in place to update the property, and soon our furniture will be just as great as our location!