“Very Good Hotel”

Residence Inn Naples
Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Wao!!! I got a 2 start price for this 4 start nice hotel on Hotwire. I thought the hotel will charge me something additional for the price I paid.

The hotel is super. Clean rooms, good location (need a car to go downtown), full kitchen, excellent staff, plenty of parking, delicious BBQ on Wednesdays and daily breakfast, beach within walking distance (if you like to walk), free internet, what else....????

Absolutely 100% recommended.

Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Better place to rest!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JEGCarolina

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Residence Inn with a friend for 5 days while I was setting up a condo in the area. The rooms were nice and clean, the pool area was beautiful, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast offered a lot of variety, and Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday they offer free drinks and food. Wednesday is a barbeque night with brats and hamburgers on the grill by the pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank atlantakelly
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We have stayed at many Marriots around Florida, and this was an exceptionally good one. We got a huge suite with kingsized bed and full kitchen, with a big screen tv an large bathroom with tub and shower.

The room was nice and quiet, in spite of the hotel being pretty full, and it was in a great location, close to the freeway, but convienient to shopping, restaurants, and entertainment as well.

We will definately break our journey there again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I will qualify this by reminding people that this isn't the Ritz-Carlton on the beach. This is a functional chain room several blocks off the beach.

For what it was, this was an excellent place to stay. We had EXCELLENT service from the staff. The complimentary breakfast was plenty and our room was spacious. Our room had not been updated like the one in the photos here. It could have used some love, but it was clean and nothing was broken or unsatisfactory in any way.

The hotel's pool area was nice. They have a grill and even had a movie night while we were there. Our room was quiet and had a full kitchen. There is a Publix about 2 minutes down the road. Stock the fridge!

They have a free shuttle to the beach that drops you off at Lowdermilk Park (definitely recommend this), but the hours aren't that great. You *could* walk back if you miss their hours, but it's not as short as it looks on the hotel map (it's actually 3 miles) they give you. Parking there is $0.25 for 10 minutes if you take your own car. That adds up, but a $5 bill will land you an afternoon (OK, almost 3.5 hours) of fun in the sun. A year permit can be purchased at the post office for $50 if you're staying long enough.

I have to say that the only really disappointing thing from this hotel experience was the television. They put a nice 35-40" LCD HDTV in the room and they don't have HD programing. We weren't staying there to watch TV, but that was a bit lame the one night we came back early on Sunday night and decided to veg out.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poncho1973
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed with family of 6 in a 2 bedroom suite. Location of hotel is good with many walk to options for food or groceries. Check in was easy and staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel grounds well kept with ample parking. Liked that key card needed to enter every part of building for security.
Room was clean. Beds are very comfortable and plenty of pillows. Sofa bed was spotless and linens were provided. Kitchen needs some updating, appliances old but useable. Had microwave, toaster, fridge/freezer,dishwasher and oven.
Bathroom was not as clean as I prefer, There was some noticeable dirt/dust in corners of bathroom floors, other than that I guess it was ok I'm just a clean freak! Lg hd tvs in both bedrooms and living room area, though cable reception was not great. Living area also had a fireplace but we did not use it. Breakfast was included in room rate and it was terrific. Fresh fruit, bagels, toast, assorted cereals, yogurt, many hot options as well like oatmeal, eggs, red skinned potato homefries, sausage and ham. Juice, coffee and tea are also offered. My kids loved making their own waffles! They had all kinds of toppings and condiments to compliment everything offered. Plenty of seating in dining area. It was great! Evenings light snacks were offered (mon and tuesday) along with beer, wine and soda. BBQ was offered on wednesday. At the wednesday BBQ I attended, they had the local chamber of commerce volunteers eat at bbq while evaluating the hotel and they were extremely rude. We were by the pool area with the kids and they were giving dirty looks to us...we are paying guests...how dare they! It was not hotels fault I guess but I was annoyed. Pool area was nice although smaller than it looked in pictures. Plenty of tables and lounge chairs. I loved that they provided towels for the pool! Flies are a big problem with any kind of food or drink. They were overwhelming at one point. Disgusting! Once again not hotels fault I guess. Pool itself was kind of
small, which I appreciated due to
being with 4 kids under 10 years old, they could be easily watched, it got a little crowded at one point but it didnt bother me. Of course there
were some rude, not kid friendly old people there making faces at every splash the kids made but whatever. Oh there was also a hot tub and boy it was hottt! One complaint I do have was the pool had a ring of dirt around top water line. It was not so bad that you didnt want to swim, it was gross but rest of pool was clean. On the day we were leaving they were out scrubbing it. Basketball court/tennis court supplies were provided by the front desk, kids enjoyed it. It's located right off of pool area. Hotel offers shuttle to and from local beach, I didnt personally use it but I saw other guests taking it daily. I am satisfied with the stay for the price and I will be staying again on my next trip to Naples.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Butterfly0729
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Some of the negitive recent comments do not seem like the same hotel we stayed in.
Our studio had a very comfortable bed, HD TV, and full kitchen. Everything was spotless and in excellent condition. The excellent breakfast was typical for R.I. which offered lots of variety. The staff was pleasant and helpfull. We really enjoyed the midweek evening light meal with beer and wine, sitting poolside with many couples who have been returning here for years.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Stayed a couple nights and received excellent service, although the bed was too soft for my taste. We arrived early in the morning (9 am) as we had a red eye flight and were allowed to check in! We also were invited to have breakfast, however, we had already stopped to eat. We stumbled into the room and fell asleep for the afternoon. What a treat! This allowed us to catch up on sleep and enjoy the first night in Naples without being sleep deprieved.

The morning breakfasts are excellent and the personnel keep them extremely well stocked even when there is a crowd. The hotel was quiet with a decent sized work out room, kitchenette in the room and a large TV that could be seen by either the queen-sized bed or the pull out couch.

Excellent value, close to restaurants, food shops. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family