“Needs a Visit from Undercover Boss”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Naples Downtown
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for a conference versus staying on Marco Island. It was about a 30 minute drive.

Okay, first the positive. The beds were relatively comfortable, the staff were pleasant at the front desk every time we interacted with them, and the A/C units were good.

Now, the less-than-positive. Our room was not clean (the ice bucket, for example, had an unidentifiable substance on it that I could scrape off; the throw pillow for the chair was disgusting). The continental breakfast was minimal (nothing healthy except oranges and apples. We are in FLORIDA - fresh fruit choices should be easy) including coffee, make-your-own-waffles, cereal, and some yogurt. Even my father-in-law who is very not-picky about such things asked me to stop at McDonald's each morning instead.

Would we stay again? Nope, we checked out a day early and won't likely be back . . . to much competition to not be paying attention to such details in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel several times because of the price but we have decided to no longer stay here and just spend a little more. The staff in the hotel is very friendly and professional. The complementary breakfast is great, basic things.... waffles, coffee, toast, boiled eggs, cereal, etc. The only downfall is that dogs are allowed. I am a dog lover and think it's great that the offer the opportunity for the family per to tag along on the trip but I think that dogs in their own place. A specific floor should be designated for the families with dogs. I don't want my kids walking on the floor or sleeping where a dig could have had a pipi accident. Besides who knows if the dogs come in with glad and ticks. Like I said, I am a dog lover and owner but that space is needs between the families traveling with and without dogs.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night while we took care of business in Naples.
Sali at front desk did a good job at checking us in welcoming us.
The room was very nice. Like the hard floor touches in room
Like the refrigerator and microwave. Also enjoyed the handsome, and nice and high up bathroom vanity.
Always like the steady humming a/c. - it's my favorite feature for a good night's sleep.
Nice closing curtains. Breakfast very adequate. Well monitored and taken care of.
Successful stay.

Room Tip: No bad surprises, only comfort
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My friends and I decided to come to Naples to relax and have some fun. Naples is NOT the place to have fun for anyone who is young, single, or looking to enjoy night life. The hotel stay was average. Not bad, but not great. The breakfast SUCKED! I was hoping to get a better variety of healthy food options, but all my friends and I got were cereal, milk, bagel/bread, and whatever else they had. I decided to eat out for breakfast for both mornings I was there. The first room my friends and I were in had a roach come out of the AC unit, so we were switched to another room. Both room were CLEAN! ;) Sali (front desk rep) was AWESOME! She assisted in everyway and always had a positive attitude.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The staff at this location was over the top excellent from start to finish & they should give lessons on how clients should be treated.. The true "Excellent Travel Experience".. Kuddos to the staff at this location even at 2am when my air conditioner stopped the young lady at the desk was knowledgeable, pleasant & helpful.. I would recommend this location to everyone.. I am about to make another trip up to Orange Park Florida area & hope I get the same type of travel experience..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo