“Summer Special $79 per night”
Review of Ramada Naples

Ramada Naples
Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Tampa
“Summer Special $79 per night”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Upgraded rooms, nice pool, free breakfast, family atmosphere - about a half mile from downtown Naples and if you want, you can walk 15 minutes to the beach. Bar at the hotel closes around 10 pm.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Czech first
Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The room is not suitable for a family of 4 with kids aged 14 and 16 years old. The 2 beds are to small. The very small bathroom has no sink and only 1 sink in the room. To little storing capacity for clothes so we left a lot of our clothes in the suitcases. Breakfast is not "great" as a lot of people says. More or less typical sugar-American standard and the hot breakfast was tasteless. We bought from the supermarket our own bread, cheese and ham. I must say that this hotel is rated to high and should be somewhere between 2-3 and not 4,2. The gym was outdated and humid and some of the equipment needed to be greased. Only 3-4 persons could train at the same time. I would say that the best part of the hotel is the good location with easy access to the beach and downtown Naples. But you need a car of course.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonas I
Luis S, Manager at Ramada Naples, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear jonas,

I apologize that your expirience was anything less than satisfaying. All the rooms of the hotel, king beds and double full beds are for two people, the Ramada Naples Hotel allows a maximun of 4 peolpe in the rooms without extra charge. Please know that your feedback is extremly valuable for us and assist us in improving our service.
Again I apologize for the inconvince during your stay.
Sincerly,
Luis Sain.
Property Manager.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place offers a reasonable value for the money in Naples. Overall the service is good, the location is convenient, they offer a great breakfast & the internet is fast & free.

The reason I dont rate this proprty higher is the rooms. They are outdated, uncomfortable, itchy, & need major work. The chair at my desk was sunken in, the carpets have seen there day, the window treatments need to be dry cleaned as they are super dusty. These dark and outdated rooms have wall mounted individual air conditioning units. They are loud and dont cool well in the summer heat. Beds arw aurprisingly comfortable with soft pillows and decent bedding.

The bathrooms are the worst offenders. Whuke they do providr a very nice selectuon of scented soaps, shampo, conditioner etc. The towels are of ooor quality, the tubs are cracked, my bathroom had a spider in it, the floors are scratched and they are very used. Thr bathrooms are also tiny and very uncomfortable. The exterior vanitys are also falling apart.

In the end its still a giod value for the price paid. I git my room at a steal on Hotwire and for the price paid, it was a good value. The internet works extremley well. The staff us very friendly and the free breakfast is one of the best, if not the best in the area.

Parking is free and they have a clean and niceley landscaped pool. I did nit use the pool or the fitness center. But I did pass by and see them.

Hotel is close to all major attractions and highways. The beach is close and so is a major ahopping center called Coastland Centre Mall.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank miamiskyboy
scotland
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked this hotel via otel and found it a really nice hotel to stay , the staff were helpful and pleasant
The breakfast was superb despite the July 4th weekend
Rooms were clean and tidy , the cleaning staff do a good job

The location was central for everything and easy to get to

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank drewtim
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had reward points on a credit card and used them on this hotel as I couldn’t find a last minute getaway for my husband and I for our 1st year anniversary. With that said, I would not pay for this room out of my pocket. Yes its cheap and close to the beach but my #1 concern when booking a hotel is cleanliness and unfortunately this hotel fell short of my expectations… It is an older hotel so the rooms are a little out dated, there is a mold odor in the rooms especially in the dresser [had to leave clothing in suitcase] the bathroom was grimy but as we didn’t spend much time in the room it didn’t bother me as much as it normally would. We spent about 80% of our vaca on the beach and just used the room to sleep/shower. I will admit they do have an AWESOME free breakfast that you can’t beat and the pool is huge. The staff was friendly when checking in and out and the landscape is beautiful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mattiee521
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This MOTEL (let's call it like it is) is awful. My husband and I decided to go with this hotel despite of our gut feeling. It had gotten a lot of decent reviews so we figured, how bad could it be? REALLY bad! First of all, it appears to be a Motel 8 that was turned into a Ramada. The rooms all open to the outside. When we got to our room it was small and had a strange smell. When we pulled back the sheets to get into bed, there were random hairs all over the bed and the sheets (disgusting). The ac until only did enough to cool down half of the room which, incidentally, was not the half we were sleeping on. The bathroom was so small the door hit the toilet whenever you opened it. We tried to stick it out but quickly decided we would not be able to have a nice Memorial Day weekend at the beach, while staying in this "hotel". We packed our things up and went by the front desk, to find no one was there (it was 12:30 in the morning by this time) and headed home (a 3 hour drive). It was worth the drive to not have to stay in a gross, tiny place like that. The only thing I regretted was how nice the people working there were, but then I guess you would have to be very nice if your facilities are deeply hurting.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K B
Robert P, General Manager at Ramada Naples, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Hi, K.B.

Thank you for taking the time to note your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I must say that I was most disappointed with the review you gave, as it is so contrary to most of our guest experiences. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that you chose to leave early and without notification.
The one positive that you noted was that our staff was a “saving grace”. Thank you. They ARE wonderful and they, as well as management, sincerely and genuinely want EVERY guest to enjoy his/her stay. That is how we operate on a daily basis, as most other comments indicate.
Unfortunately, we had no communication from you when you were here about the room/property issues you noted. Should we have known about your discontent or been given an opportunity to help you, I’m sure your weekend would have been much more enjoyable. So, our greatest frustration is our inability to work with you to turn a negative into a positive. Naturally, guest issues do occur occasionally. But, as long as we are notified of them in a timely manner, we are almost always able to resolve the matter quickly and to the guests’ satisfaction.
If you see this response and if you wish, I would be happy to speak with you personally about your stay.
Regards, Robert P., General Manager, Ramada Inn of Naples, FL
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We got a ground floor room here over looking the pool . Sadly it rained so we were not able to sit around the pool as planned .While the room might have been a little dated the place was clean and comfortable and for the price great value . The Breakfast the following morning was very basic but again ample . The staff were very nice and very helpful and I would highly recommend this to people who feel that staying and paying huge sums of money for 5 star hotels is a waste of time

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple