“Good price, great stay!”
Review of Inn at Pelican Bay

Inn at Pelican Bay
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This hotel was great for a quick and quiet trip with me and my husband. Location was good. It was right across the street of a Publix and movie theatre. Tons of restuarants right off the main street. It is about 3/4 of a mile away from the beach, which isn't bad if you want to rent a bike (which they have available), but it is difficult to find parking on the beach if you are traveling to Naples during peak season. The complimentary breakfast was good. It included delicious make your own waffles, fruit, yogurt, danish, toast, and bagels with coffee, and orange juice. The room was cozy and very clean. My husband and I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Had an enjoyable stay here. Rooms were comfortable. As read in another review, we made sure we were not near the elevators that were noisy. The best part of the stay was the breakfast. There was an excellent choice of very good quaity. We ate outside in the veranda area overlooking the lake and this was such a relaxing location. The pool was good for a refreshing dip out of the hot sun. The staff were attentive and helpful and free parking. A relaing stay convieniently located for beach( was quite a walk) and eateries to meet a range of budgets

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We LOVED Pelican Bay. We stayed for 3 nights in April ( before the volcano!!) and loved every minute of it. We had paid the extra for a lake view & it was lovely. The hotel has the feel of a Country Club. The terrace overlooking the pool & lake was a great place to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. The pool was small but ideal for just lazing around in. Plenty of towels supplied at pool area. Enjoyed the outdoor hot tub too. Our room was very spacious, comfortable & clean. Good quality balcony furniture...no nasty white plastic chairs. Unusually for America you could walk to a few restaurants nearby. Across the road was Buca di Beppo where you share huge portions of pasta...... great fun. A rack with tourist info in the lobby would be useful. We had an absolutely delightful stay...I didn't want to leave and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FMMG
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights over Easter. We only had one room for 4 of us and the beds turned out to be double beds NOT queen size beds. We asked for another room and they were sold out. We asked for a cot and one wasn't available to the second to last night. Sleeping was miserable b/c you have to sleep straight or else you wake the person next to you! My kids range from 8-12 and they even had a problem. The hotel breakfast was plentiful and overlooks a nice terrace. The hotel itself isn't exactly in Pelican Bay...it is on the very edge situated at a very busy corner with strip malls everywhere. You def. have to drive to the beach. However, you are able to bike or walk from the hotel on the Pelican Bay streets etc. for exercise.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Booked the hotel via a travel website. After checking in and going to the room and looking out the window we noticed that the view overlooked a huge balcony that basically blocked the view to anywhere else, except the sky. We asked to be relocated to another room and were told that since the reservation was made via the internet (which 99.9% of the population does today) they could not honor the room change but they could change us if we paid 20 usd per night and we were staying 6 nights. Needless to say we did not agree to pay the extra money and unfortunately decided to stay instead of looking for a more suitable and customer friendly hotel. And to make matters worse, the hotel did not appear to be full. It seems that the hotel has 2 rooms that overlook this balcony with no view and room 214 is one of them...avoid them!!! The rooms were nice size but housekeeping was very stingy with the amenities, such as shampoo, soap, lotion and even styrofoam cups. There were a couple of mornings where rumbling noises from moving furniture woke us up and we could not tell if the noise was coming from the upstairs or next door but it was annoying. The hotel staff was not friendly and did not go out of their way to find out how our stay was going. They did provide good suggestions on restaurants and local sites to visit. The hotel's location is very convenient to the Vanderbilt beach and to shopping areas, such as Mercato. Overall my stay was fair but it could have been excellent if only the hotel staff would have gone the extra mile to provide some sort of customer service. I would recommend the hotel to others based on the hotel's location and because the rooms were spacious but personally I would not stay there again because of my own personal experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Having read some of the prior negative reviews I coudn't disagree more. In the past we have stayed in the Ritz Golf and discovered this Gem. Not only was this hotel in a better location but it was half the price. The rooms are spacious and immaculate. It includes a wonderful breakfast that has a beautiful terrace over looking a fountain/lake. It doesn't need a restaurant as there are sooooooooooooooo many choices within walking distance, even a whole foods and Movie theatre around the corner. The beach is walkable, about 1.5 miles and has a great walking path to it. There are also great hard tru PUBLIC courts two blocks away. It's part of a park that also has a playground and basketball.. The staff was really helpful too. Go there when in Naples, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Although this a generally a nice hotel I had a bad experience. I was given a room behind the elevator and found the noise disturbing and asked to have it changed. I was told by the front desk that there were NO MORE Rooms and they could not help me.

When I asked to speak to the Manager I was told he was on the phone. I told them I would wait. I waited and waited and he never came out to speak to me. Instead, they finally "found" a room for me across from the elevator. Guess what, the room had the same problem. BEWARE BEFORE CHECKING TO GET A ROOM THAT IS NO WHERE NEAR THE ELEVATOR. I HAD PROBLEMS SLEEPING AT NIGHT. I just gave up if that was there attempt to make me "HAPPY".

Otherwise the breakfast was good but the pool is very small with few chairs. THE TOWELS AT THE POOL WERE PITIFUL. I NEEDED AT LEAST 3 TOWELS TO COVER THE CHAISE.
Finally, the "fitness center" could fit into my bathroom at home.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple