“Excellent location and amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Inn at Pelican Bay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples, FL 34108   |
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Excellent location and amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Recently, my wife and I visited friends in Naples, Florida. We stayed at the Inn at Pelican Bay for three nights, never having stayed there before. The property is pristine and the amenities are first class. Free breakfast each morning and soft drinks and beer at night. The rooms are good size and the pool and hot tub are great. We had a lakeside room which offered a beautiful view of a fountain within a lake. The property is about one mile from Vanderbilt beach and there is a free shuttle from the inn to the beach. The inn is located adjacent to a huge plaza with shops and restaurants a mere 5 minute walk away. Also, it is only about a 20 minute drive from the Ft. Myers airport. Our price was $170/night for a lakeside room and that includes tax. I highly recommend this boutique hotel for travelers to the Naples area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mpd444

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We were given a room on the first floor. Room had a musty smell to it. They were also doing painting/construction and it was a little noisy during our first day. Luckily, we didn't spend too much time in the room. Also, when we arrived back to the hotel at 215pm after spending the day out in Naples, our room had still not been cleaned. When I inquired at the front desk, Ron informed me that "housekeeping works all day" and that was the end of it. I had to specifically ask to have our room cleaned, which they did within 15 minutes. Overall, I was a bit disappointed with our short stay and expected more based on the prior reviews. By the way, breakfast was nice.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank las1138
CHARLOTTE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very nice for the price I paid. Hotel grounds were beautiful and rich with color. Hotel staff are very nice and accommodating. Our room was very spacious and tastefully decorated...and very clean! The continental breakfast was just right.
What was really nice about this hotel is that it's close to everything!! Beach, shopping, restaurants, movies, etc...
We will be back and this is the hotel we will be staying in.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Stacy B
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Spendt two nights at the Inn at Pelican Bay for a little get away.
The facility is about 15 years old, but is continually upgraded and very well maintained. The room we had was spacious with a very comfortable King size bed, along with a microwave, refrigerator, couch and desk. It was tastefully decorated and very clean. They offer afernoon tea - which is tea, coffee and cookies. The continental breakfast is typical - make your own waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, but includes a lot of yummy fresh pastries, breads, bagels and juices. There is a small bar open in the evenings. It has a small but lovely pool, along with a hot tub. It's not a resort where you would bring children or spend a week, but it is very comfortable to spend a few nights. It is located across the street from the Mercado - shopping with restaurants and a movie theatre. The Inn is a great place to relax and be close to all the Naples action. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suziejacuzzi
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have never complained about a hotel before but I could not help myself this time. I have never met a more rude staff, unorganized management than I have experienced here. THe day of our wedding there were absolutely no managers present. As we came in from our offsite ceremony- the front desk staff stopped us in the hallway asking for a credit card for the bar.They wouldn't allow us to go up to our room without it. My newly husband had to go outside to all of the guests during our cocktail hour and find a credit card amongst our family members because they wouldn't allow us to get it from our hotel room. I have NEVER experienced such a horrible, rude, inconsiderate, disorganized hotel and staff in my life. I have traveled all over the world and I had to warn any brides- to be about this. I spoke to the hotel manager the next day and expressed my concerns quietly and he was defensive and unapologetic. So instead of celebrating our anniversary there next year we will never be going back there. I wish corporate would go there and look into how they run their venues.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Rachel S
Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The size of the hotel seemed perfect and the elegance of not only the common spaces but also the rooms was so inviting and comfortable. The setting and location were perfect as well. We wanted to be near the shore, the Naples art museum and preferred restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: In the "off season" ask for a view side room. It is a great bargain.