“Beauty Is In The Eye of The Beholder”

The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed August 26, 2006

Just returned from a brief stay at the NBH.

The Bad: We reserved a one bedroom suite and instead were sent to a regular room. We notified the front desk and they quickly corrected the problem. Our one bedroom suite was nicely kept, but yes, the hotel is a bit dated. Our room, however, had newer furniture and was relatively clean. The bathroom is tiny and the jealousy windows and doors have seen better days. There was a coffee pot (but no coffee), microwave and small fridge in the room. There are a total of six buildings on the property, each with their own different style, and only one swimming pool. The female bar tender at the pool bar has an attitude with kids. Some of them bought sodas and were sitting at the bar and she asked them to leave. Is not that she asked them to leave that was a problem, it's the way she said it. She should undergo mandatory customer service training. If you are an adult looking for a luxurious getaway, go elsewhere.

The Good: Valet parking is free. The hotel brought back so many memories of when I was I was a child that frankly I would not change a single thing about this place. The views from our 5th floor corner suite and balcony were beautiful. The free jazz concert on the lawn on Saturday night was great. The atmosphere is very family friendly and relaxed. The staff are very friendly. The food and drinks are very reasonably priced and a good value for the money. The breakfast buffet is good and a good value. The ample lawn space creates a great area for the kids to play football, tag or any other game that requires plenty of room. The hotel is close to downtown shops and restaurants. The beach is great. If you have kids, they will have a great time. Would I return to this hotel? Yes.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank TheWoldIsNotEnough

Reviewed August 13, 2006

We spent a week in the Naples Beach Hotel in July and it is by far the worst hotel we have stayed in in Florida. On the first night we were palced in a room with an adjoining door and the noise from the young family next door was horrendous. We were moved to another room but the overall condition of the rooms is shabby and despite claims that all rooms have recently been refurbished could really do with a make over. The bathroom was small with grubby tiles and a water damaged door. The toilet bowl was badly stained and the cistern cracked. The AC system was ancient and difficult to control. A nice location and lovely food in HB's on the Gulf but the accommodation is poor. Definitely not a hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Belle65
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club. We have been guests a this hotel a couple of times with our kids and really enjoyed it.
As many of the other reviews state this hotel has many good qualities: the location, the breakfast buffet, the nice lobby and beautifull beach. The negatives are also true: small parking and a little run down. But for this weekend my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. I wish I had read these reviews prior to our stay at the hotel, since what happend to us was very similar to one of the reviews. We chose this hotel from others in Naples and Marco Island because we could book a superior gulf view room, but when we arrived, our room view was very disapointing. Our room was facing north, so sitting on the balcony we could only see the nearby buildings. To see the gulf we had to look out the balcony towards the left. So much for a romantic view! My husband called reception to see if we could get one of the many gulf view rooms they have, but they told him that the view they refer to on their site is what we got. Unlike the other couple on this site, they never offered to change our room. The person who we talked too acted as if it was our fault for not understanding what they offer on their website. I am still trying to figure our what they mean on their website then when they discribed the room we booked as " Very spacious, tastefully appointed with Gulf of Mexico views". I think if they don't offer a front view of the gulf, this description is misleading.
Besides the view, our room and bathroom were pretty big and comfy, but the first day we noticed a sock next to our desk and a neck pillow behind a chair that were left there form the previous guests. I was pretty grossed out.
Next time we go to Naples, which by the way is absolutely breathtaking, we will definitely find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I visited the NBH with my daughter and 2 precious grandsons on a 4 day weekend getaway. We were in a Cabana Suite which was a wonderful setup for us. The suite was very spacious with a kitchenette/ table & chairs, tiled sun room facing the beach, lovely sitting room, large bath with shower and jacuzzi, and relaxing bedroom with plenty of storage/closet space.

We had a gulf view and were only a few steps from the beach. My mother, two sisters and their families live in Naples so NBH made a great spot for them to visit us. We spent time on the beach and the pool.

I didn't have time to visit the spa on this trip but thoroughly enjoyed it on our Jan 2005 trip. We enjoyed every meal from the restaurants to room service. Our every request was promptly met with a smile.

NBH offers many types of rooms and suites. I am impressed how this family owned business is able to maintain the personal service and not get caught up in the 'big hotel' monotony.

We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank Edna D
A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed July 4, 2006

My family and I recently stayed at the Naples Beach Hotel. Our room was perfect for going back and forth from the beach. We had a separate beach entrance to the room that was literally fifteen steps from the sand. The sun room was tiled, allowing us to hang out in our beach attire during the day for lunch. The windows were screened-in, so we enjoyed listening to the ocean at night.
The staff was very helpful, providing extras of anything we needed, cleaning our room at a time that was convenient for us, and directing us to the nearby shops that had just the right souvenirs. While we were there, the hotel hosted a Jazz Festival...despite the rain, they put on a great show. It was apparent by the crowd that the NBH is known for putting on a good show.
In all, our trip was a perfect long-weekend get-a-way for my family (with two small boys) and we never found a reason to leave the resort. BTW - the hummus and tortilla chips are to die for!

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2006

There were many good and unfortunately bad points at this hotel.
BAD POINTS: They are definetely not big on customer service -- waiters, pool attendants, bartenders, beach attendants etc -- but I will say that the customer service manager did take care of a reservation problem we had promptly and effictively. And she was not put out by it. The room we stayed in was a gulf view room in the Florida Wing. It was not impressive and smelled like mildew. The bathroom was very small and the tiny frig did not stay cold. THere was always sand in the hallways and our room was sort of cleaned. Parking was a huge problem -- especially on the weekends. The beach chairs were falling apart and you usually had to hunt down the attendant who was usually hanging out at the pool area with those hiding attendants.
GOOD POINTS: The location is great -- very close to 5th street and all the great food and shopping. Also very close to the Naples Pier and the row of beautiful mansions. Our package included breakfast every morning which was FANTASTIC and convenient. I also liked that there is a sort of snack shop with sub sandwiches, salads, ice cream and many other snacks -- not just "gas station" food. That was very convenient being walking distance from the beach and pool. I also found the room service food to be very good and it was worth the expense.
All in all, I would go there again but probably during the off season when the prices are reduced. For full room rates, I think they need to make the rooms a lot more impressive.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank CareyStLouis_MO
Reviewed June 22, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding and we were so disappointed with the hotel. Our room was awful. The bedspreads was dirty and very old (looked like it was from the 1980s), you could feel sand on the floor, and the bathroom was very small and not well cleaned.

There are many different bldgs that make up this hotel. It appears that the hotel purchased all the neighboring motels and then gave them all the same name. Saw a room in another of the buildings and it was marginally better than ours. The beach and location were good for Naples but that's about the only good thing you can say about this place.

• Stayed: April 2006