“Nice beach location” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Naples
St Louis, MO
“Nice beach location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2006

There were many good and unfortunately bad points at this hotel.
BAD POINTS: They are definetely not big on customer service -- waiters, pool attendants, bartenders, beach attendants etc -- but I will say that the customer service manager did take care of a reservation problem we had promptly and effictively. And she was not put out by it. The room we stayed in was a gulf view room in the Florida Wing. It was not impressive and smelled like mildew. The bathroom was very small and the tiny frig did not stay cold. THere was always sand in the hallways and our room was sort of cleaned. Parking was a huge problem -- especially on the weekends. The beach chairs were falling apart and you usually had to hunt down the attendant who was usually hanging out at the pool area with those hiding attendants.
GOOD POINTS: The location is great -- very close to 5th street and all the great food and shopping. Also very close to the Naples Pier and the row of beautiful mansions. Our package included breakfast every morning which was FANTASTIC and convenient. I also liked that there is a sort of snack shop with sub sandwiches, salads, ice cream and many other snacks -- not just "gas station" food. That was very convenient being walking distance from the beach and pool. I also found the room service food to be very good and it was worth the expense.
All in all, I would go there again but probably during the off season when the prices are reduced. For full room rates, I think they need to make the rooms a lot more impressive.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank CareyStLouis_MO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding and we were so disappointed with the hotel. Our room was awful. The bedspreads was dirty and very old (looked like it was from the 1980s), you could feel sand on the floor, and the bathroom was very small and not well cleaned.

There are many different bldgs that make up this hotel. It appears that the hotel purchased all the neighboring motels and then gave them all the same name. Saw a room in another of the buildings and it was marginally better than ours. The beach and location were good for Naples but that's about the only good thing you can say about this place.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank loveislands
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2006

I`ve just returned from a 2 week stay at the Naples Beach hotel and I personally would not stay there again. I write reviews all the time on Trip Advisor and I always try to keep things in perspective,remain objective and be as completely honest as I feel I can be without letting earlier comments influence my opinion. However the previous criticisms of this place are all glaringly accurate.
Firstly the good points - the location is superb,right on the beautiful white sandy beach and the room cleaners were great. They were always so friendly and serviced the room to a very high standard. They come round each evening after 1800 to do a nice turn down service and replenish the towels which was very welcome - if a little early.
Unfortunately as far as our stay was concerned,those were the good points! Before I list the negatives, I would like people to know that I am a particularly "unfussy" holiday maker,who doesn`t get bothered by seemingly minor frustrations but this hotel drove me nuts on an almost daily basis. All I look for is somewhere clean,reasonably priced and in a good location. I don`t expect luxury if I haven`t paid for it and we got this place pretty cheap but there are limits.
The reception staff were ok and checked us in very quickly. We were in the Watkins wing which is a short drive away from the main building. We arrived on a Friday evening and the very small car park was almost completely full. This proved to be a constant problem each weekend as the hotel organises lots of "events" so is always incredibly busy and parking is very difficult over the weekend. The car park is quite simply far too small for the amount of guests that are there.
Our room seemed rather pleasant with a large balcony and nice view of the pool/beach. However there was a pervading feeling of damp in it and the bathroom was small & dimly lit with mouldy tiles around the bath. There was a lovely welcome fruit basket that we were grateful for,but no tea/coffee making facilities. We noticed a bit later too that there was no outside light on the balcony which seemed strange.
Next unwelcome surprise was an extortionate 75 cents to make FREE calls - what a complete rip off.
Other problems we found during the 2 weeks in our room were the poor ventilation in the bathroom which resulted in 30 mins of steamed up mirrors and again that awful damp/clammy feel to the whole room. The comforter had a smell of mildew and was quite revolting.
Things didn`t improve on our 1st visit to the beach,where we made the discovery that should you wish to sit on the beach on one of their loungers it`ll cost you a whopping $6.00 a day each. This is crazy, as 2 steps away by the pool they are free.
We found the staff at the pool to be surly and unfriendly even though we tried to make conversation, they weren`t interested. When we asked if the World Cup would be on the tv at the bar,we were amazed to be told that it would be only if the barman wanted to watch it as he made the viewing decisions??? This kind of summed up their general attitude. We felt that if you weren`t a big spender at the bar or in the restaurants you were something of an inconvenience to be looked down on. For a family run hotel it certainly leaves a lot to be desired. There are lots of notices stuck up around the place designed to irritate,such as bringing beach towels back by 6 or face a $15 charge, we were surprised that these didn`t all end in "or else"
For those interested in golf, the hotel has its own course directly opposite which costs $40 after 3p.m ($60 before) My boyfriend played the course and enjoyed it despite the greens being quite slow.
Finally be warned that this hotel holds lots of events at the weekend and it gets very busy,noisy and frantic. First Sunday we were there, we were awakened at 7.30 to find 300 triathletes lolling on the grass below our room eating breakfast whilst being serenaded by the worst cabaret duet imaginable. This was followed by numerous weddings and conferences all conducted on a piece of barren scrub that obviously passes as their "grounds"
Sorry to be so negative about the hotel but I simply felt that I had to describe my experience exactly as it was. My advice is to stay at the Edgewater Beach just down the road - it beats the Naples Beach Hotel hands down on every aspect (and the beach chairs are free!)

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank wilsoniancat22
Dania Beach, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2006

Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Resort has a great location directly on the beach but needs some improvement. My rate during June 2006 was $150.00/night for Friday and Saturday nights stay. I was given a room on the 9th floor of what I believe as called the Watkins Tower or something like that. I was disappointed with the lack of water pressure on Saturday morning when I was trying to take a shower. I complained to the front desk, but they said that there was nothing that they could do. I must emphasize that this wasn't just one of those instances where the water pressure is a little low, it was basically just dripping out of the shower head. It was ridiculous to see this kind of thing happen at what would normally be a great hotel. Otherwise the rest of my stay was O.K.

Hialeah, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2006

After reading some of the comments on TripAdvisor regarding the Naples Beach Hotel, I was a little apprehensive on what my stay would be like. Well let me tell you, it was the best time my family and I have ever had. My grandchildren had a blast in their KidsClub and the pool was clean and inviting. Our room was spotless and cleaned everyday. The refrigerator in our room was not working properly so we called downstairs and within 5 minutes, someone was at our door. They brought us a new and larger refrigerator for our use. We had dinner at HB's at the hotel and the food and service was excellent. I can not say enough good things about Naples Beach Hotel. You will not be disappointed, I guarantee it.

1 Thank lucky37
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2006

The hotel was a great location, but for the price you would expect more. The accomodations, you can tell, have some age on them. We had a problem with ants in our room. For what we paid, we expected more. However, we found the concierge very helpful in finding us the items we needed. If you are just looking for a place to lay your head and relax on the beach, then I would recommend this hotel for you.

• Stayed November 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
westfield, new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2006

Booked a two-night stay online with some trepidation based on previous trip advisor reviews, but we were delighted with the place and would definitely return. The hotel lobby, restaurants, grounds and our room in the main building, were all tasteful, clean, and attractive, clearly having been renovated recently. The indoor/ourdoor restaurant right on the beach, and the outdoor bar were delightful. The beach was excellent, and the staff was friendly and pleasant. Could not imagine staying anywhere else in Naples.

Stayed March 2006