“Too expensive”

Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Pisa, Italy
“Too expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2005

The hotel is in an excellent location, architecture isn't that bad, but facilities are VERY expensive (restaurant, bar, golf club, spa). They have you pay your room wireless connection (ours didn't work and wanted us to pay no matter what!), there is no free lobby connection (you have to pay that one as well!), you even have to pay for your room coffee, as there is a machine to make it but no filters!!! Plus, they won't give you the bath products every day.

If you are on a business trip, and/or you don't like overpriced services and goods, do NOT go there.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank RosannaTarsiero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2005

Stayed here for three nights, Nov 11-14. The location was great. Close enough to downtown that we walked down to the Fifth Avenue Coffee Shop one morning (it took about 45 minutes at a leisurely pace).

The grounds were well kept and the beach was lovely. There is a little bar that opens at 11 a.m. every day right at the pool/beach. We enjoyed several spa services, our dinner at HB's and lunch at Broadwell's. A few minor problems with the room (hornets on the terrace, late turndown service, no coffeemaker, lousy hairdryer) but none that ruined the trip. The golf course was closed for repairs from Wilma.

We had looked at the (former) Registry and the Ritz but they were booked up. I'm glad! I want to go back and bring my 3-year-old and more family.

1 Thank bluebug313
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2005

This is a very tired old hotel living off past reputation. It is in a beautiful location. But tired.

My main reason for staying was to use the spa. It is very small but has excellent services. My only complaint: Could hear conversations in the adjacent treatment rooms while I was having my treatments. Not so relaxing. Massages/facials are excellent. manicure/pedicure okay. Problem: Too much selling of product. This started the minute I got there. I was there to relax not to be pressured into buying product. This was a real problem that needs to be addressed. The shop is right there. I did not need to be pressured at every treatment except for the massage.

Recommendation: Go for services at the spa but stay someplace else. Make it clear up front that you are there to relax not to be sold to!

Or pick another hotel and spa that has it all.

• Stayed November 2005
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2005

1. This is a hotel on the beach in Florida and the windows in all of the rooms (according to the front desk) are "nailed shut." I'm in Florida in November and and the windows are nailed shut? What are they thinking?
2. The staff provides the quality of service one typically encounters at a badly managed supermarket. When I asked: Do you have overnight laundry service? I got three answers: first from the telephone operator: "No, there's no laundry service, you'll have to ask the front desk to call an outside service." Second from the front desk: "Yes, ask the bellman"(who is also the parking attendant). Third from the bellman: "No overnight service, bring it to the front desk in the morning and you will get it back in the afternoon." When I told the bellman that he should bring the front desk up to speed on the laundry situation, he just laughed. When I told the front desk that the bellman said there was no overnight service, the front desk said "Did you ask about overnight service?"
3. A fax sent to me at 6 pm could not be found at midnight. The hotel does not have an email address, so the document could not be emailed to the front desk for printing.
4. Wireless internet in every room? More or less. Bad connectivity that regularly drops out and stops entirely on large file downloads.
5. Did I mention the windows don't open? The windows don't open! This is Florida. What are they thinking?

Good points: Valet parking guys are really nice and really fast. Nice aquarium in the lobby. Not far from Fifth Ave.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2005

If you are expecting a luxury resort, this is not it. We are used to staying in luxury resorts on our (much-needed ) vacations, but we needed to lower our budget a bit for this trip, so we chose the Naples Beach Hotel because of a great deal.

You have to rent the beach chairs, and the minimal snack bar serves unbelievably small, expensive snacks and drinks.

The first room they gave us was on the first floor and smelled of cigarette smoke, despite our requests for a non-smoking room on a higher floor. However, they accomodated our requests when we complained, and moved us to a lovely room in a different building.

My advice: take a trip to the nearby Target store, buy some cheap beach chairs (if you're staying more than 2 days, this works out to be cheaper than renting the ones at the resort), snacks, and drinks (we bought 24 bottles of water at Target for the price of one bottle of water at the snack bar), stock up your fridge (one of the nice amenities), and enjoy the beautiful beach.

Hotel staff were friendly and polite, except for one massage therapist who repeatedly tried to talk me into a more expensive massage -- DURING my massage!

Overall, not what we were led to expect based on the advertising, but not bad for the price --> as long as you are prepared for what you are getting.

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2005

My family (Mom, Dad, Brother and I) went here every year for years. I can't wait to go back. The hotel is incredible, the view exquisite and the food to die for. You simply MUST get the daily buffet breakfast. Wear your bathing suit with a cover-up and bring your beach toys. Dine to your heart's content on the cheese and berry blintzes, order anything you desire from the omelette chef and get the French toast and croissant if you have a sweet tooth! A wonderful start to an amazing day at the beach! For lunch, dine at the beach-side grille, or just have a frozen Snickers! The beach-side pool is awesome and the dinners on the beach are fantastic! The golf course is wonderful and if you are fortunate enough to get a room overlooking the beach, watch for the amazing sunsets and the gorgeous full moon that sparkles on the surface of the water. Very romantic, but if you have children, the rentals (boogie boards, parasailing, waverunners, catamarans, paddleboats, etc.) are a blast! Look no further for an amazing romantic and/or family vacation!

• Stayed June 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2005

Stayed in Nov. of '04. ONLY complaint was that the rooms weren't ready on time on the day we checked in.
I planned our wedding over the phone from Indiana. The catering manager, Michelle, coordinated our special day. We were given names and numbers of recommeded DJ's, photographers, videographers, florists, ect. Should have been stressful to plan from a distance, but was not at all! The Ocean Lawn was a beautiful location for the wedding. The wedding and reception were more perfect than I could have ever imagined. We relaxed and enjoyed our day, knowing that the details were taken care of. I would recommend NBH and G in a heartbeat. I also had a friend get married at this location 6 months prior. She had an awesome experience as well.
The night of the wedding, we stayed in a room overlooking the ocean. Beautiful view. Clean room. Quiet beach. We plan to revisit on our 1st anniversary.

• Stayed November 2004