The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Bayfront Inn 5th Ave(Naples)(Great Value!)
$115
$104
Inn on Fifth(Naples)
$416
$255
Official Website
Inn of Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$99
$788
$629
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Trianon Old Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$179
$481
$389
  • Beachfront
1,530 results
All reviewswatkins buildingthe penthousesunset barmain buildingdifferent buildingsnaples beachbeautiful beachwet barbeach chairsgulf of mexicogulf viewold floridaadult poolwatching the sunsetbreakfast buffet isvalet parkingocean front
FilterAll languages
New York, NY
Reviewed November 10, 2005

1. This is a hotel on the beach in Florida and the windows in all of the rooms (according to the front desk) are "nailed shut." I'm in Florida in November and and the windows are nailed shut? What are they thinking?
2. The staff provides the quality of service one typically encounters at a badly managed supermarket. When I asked: Do you have overnight laundry service? I got three answers: first from the telephone operator: "No, there's no laundry service, you'll have to ask the front desk to call an outside service." Second from the front desk: "Yes, ask the bellman"(who is also the parking attendant). Third from the bellman: "No overnight service, bring it to the front desk in the morning and you will get it back in the afternoon." When I told the bellman that he should bring the front desk up to speed on the laundry situation, he just laughed. When I told the front desk that the bellman said there was no overnight service, the front desk said "Did you ask about overnight service?"
3. A fax sent to me at 6 pm could not be found at midnight. The hotel does not have an email address, so the document could not be emailed to the front desk for printing.
4. Wireless internet in every room? More or less. Bad connectivity that regularly drops out and stops entirely on large file downloads.
5. Did I mention the windows don't open? The windows don't open! This is Florida. What are they thinking?

Good points: Valet parking guys are really nice and really fast. Nice aquarium in the lobby. Not far from Fifth Ave.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bayside, NY
Reviewed November 2, 2005

If you are expecting a luxury resort, this is not it. We are used to staying in luxury resorts on our (much-needed ) vacations, but we needed to lower our budget a bit for this trip, so we chose the Naples Beach Hotel because of a great deal.

You have to rent the beach chairs, and the minimal snack bar serves unbelievably small, expensive snacks and drinks.

The first room they gave us was on the first floor and smelled of cigarette smoke, despite our requests for a non-smoking room on a higher floor. However, they accomodated our requests when we complained, and moved us to a lovely room in a different building.

My advice: take a trip to the nearby Target store, buy some cheap beach chairs (if you're staying more than 2 days, this works out to be cheaper than renting the ones at the resort), snacks, and drinks (we bought 24 bottles of water at Target for the price of one bottle of water at the snack bar), stock up your fridge (one of the nice amenities), and enjoy the beautiful beach.

Hotel staff were friendly and polite, except for one massage therapist who repeatedly tried to talk me into a more expensive massage -- DURING my massage!

Overall, not what we were led to expect based on the advertising, but not bad for the price --> as long as you are prepared for what you are getting.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
houston, texas
Reviewed October 14, 2005

My family (Mom, Dad, Brother and I) went here every year for years. I can't wait to go back. The hotel is incredible, the view exquisite and the food to die for. You simply MUST get the daily buffet breakfast. Wear your bathing suit with a cover-up and bring your beach toys. Dine to your heart's content on the cheese and berry blintzes, order anything you desire from the omelette chef and get the French toast and croissant if you have a sweet tooth! A wonderful start to an amazing day at the beach! For lunch, dine at the beach-side grille, or just have a frozen Snickers! The beach-side pool is awesome and the dinners on the beach are fantastic! The golf course is wonderful and if you are fortunate enough to get a room overlooking the beach, watch for the amazing sunsets and the gorgeous full moon that sparkles on the surface of the water. Very romantic, but if you have children, the rentals (boogie boards, parasailing, waverunners, catamarans, paddleboats, etc.) are a blast! Look no further for an amazing romantic and/or family vacation!

• Stayed: June 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indiana
Reviewed September 28, 2005

Stayed in Nov. of '04. ONLY complaint was that the rooms weren't ready on time on the day we checked in.
I planned our wedding over the phone from Indiana. The catering manager, Michelle, coordinated our special day. We were given names and numbers of recommeded DJ's, photographers, videographers, florists, ect. Should have been stressful to plan from a distance, but was not at all! The Ocean Lawn was a beautiful location for the wedding. The wedding and reception were more perfect than I could have ever imagined. We relaxed and enjoyed our day, knowing that the details were taken care of. I would recommend NBH and G in a heartbeat. I also had a friend get married at this location 6 months prior. She had an awesome experience as well.
The night of the wedding, we stayed in a room overlooking the ocean. Beautiful view. Clean room. Quiet beach. We plan to revisit on our 1st anniversary.

• Stayed: November 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 29, 2005

Living on the east coast of Florida my husband and I decided to "get out of Dodge" for the weekend and head across Alligator Alley to the west coast, choosing Naples and this hotel as our destination. Expecting top-notch, high-end accommodations we were quickly reminded that is resort is almost 60 years old. The buildings are Art Deco, reflecting that architecture of the 1940's when this property opened. Check in was quite late...almost 5pm before our room was ready. We were assigned to the "Penthouse" building. Sounds great, doesn't it? Well......once again age made its appearance known. Musty smelling room, polyester bedspreads what appeared to be an original bathroom and an unexpected CONNECTING DOOR. It hadn't even occured to us to ask about the possibility of one. Be sure you do- I have a feeling connecting doors are common throughout all of the buildings. Another surprise was the astonishing number of children running around the resort. Quite literally a couple of hundred would be an honest account. It was so noisy, that we finally had to leave our ocean view balcony and go inside the room and close the sliding glass doors. The shouting, splashing, laughing continued right up until 9pm. For a professional couple with no children, we found this to be quite annoying. Before we came in from the balcony, apparently housekeeping knocked on the door to ask if we wanted the nightly turn down service. We didn't hear the knock, so the maid let herself in, walked to the balcony doors and asked us there. Needless to say, we were quite suprised to find a third party standing behind us! We declined and the maid let herself out. Amazing. So much for first class service.

Across the street on the greens (names is escaping me) is a lovely club bar that is cool and quiet, offering a small selection of sandwiches and salads that are excellently prepared. We relaxed with a couple of salads and glasses of wine at a table by the window over looking a small pond and the putting greens, and found the atmosphere and view to be quite lovely.

The ocean view is quite wonderful, as are the sunsets.
This is no doubt a family resort- make sure tons of children are up your alley. Also, be informed that there is only ONE pool for the entire property. The buildings and grounds are maintained as best they can, but once again, 60 years old is 60 years old. It might have been a 3 or 4 star hotel in its heyday, but it doesn't appear so currently.

If you are a couple that enjoys first class accommodations and service, head twenty miles south to Marco Island- you won't be disappointed; that's what we did after our first night at this resort.

• Stayed: June 2005