All reviewsturtle club restaurantdeluxe condobeach boxvanderbilt beachfull kitchenpaddle boardsstove topbeautiful beachsmall hotelfront rowbeach chairsthe ritzlonger staywatching the sunsetflorida vacationsmall kitchenliving room
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Cannot say enough about the views and proximity to the beach. Plus the employees in the office and the housekeepers were great. But the carpet was not only old, it was disgusting. I didn't want to walk on it in bare feet. When I did, my feet were black. It was lifting up in places, too. I would expect more for the money.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank lovenaples1
vanderbiltbeach, Public Relations Manager at Vanderbilt Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for your review of our resort. We would like to address your comments regarding the carpets. We clean the carpets on a regular basis at the resort, including through the use of deep steam cleaning, and we were disappointed to hear that our carpet was not considered satisfactory. We are in the process of replacing all of the carpets in the living areas of our hotel rooms with tile floors and area rugs. This was completed this past summer in all of our 18 hotel rooms, and some of our 16 bayside condominium units. The installation of the new tile floors is continuing in our bayside condominium units this Spring. We expect this process to be complete by the end of the summer of 2012.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Beautiful property, efficient professional and friendly staff, on the beautiful beach of Vanderbilt, Friday night Manager's cocktail party around the pool for all guests, clean and cute rooms with very comfortable beds and kitchens, yummy and fun and delicious Turtle Club restaurant, and last but not least by any means...George the front desk manager, one of the warmest and nicest man we have had the pleasure of getting to know. We just got back after spending 2 weeks! It was a fabulous time. Father and son, the Moore's have it down; everything you could want in one small setting. I have stayed in many Naples Florida locations over the years and have never had as much fun as I had here. Thank you everyone, you're the best! Lynn

Room Tip: All are wonderful, take what you can get.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Just returned home from eight nights at this resort. One thing you should all understand. You can not find a better location and beach at these rates. This resort is in the best area in my opinion. Gulf Shore Drive is very nice. The rooms are clean and have everything needed to have an enjoyable stay. Step out your door and see the garden or the beach. You won't miss a sunset here. If you pay attention to the ocean you'll see Dolphins every day. I had an issue with the shower control and it was replaced right away. You can tell that the property is being updated and my bathroom could use some attention, but everything worked fine. The outside of the building could use a paint job too. I was able to view one of the two bedroom condo's across the street and it was beautiful. I was talking to another guest who was staying in a condo and said their unit needed work. The only issue over there is that the resort does not own all the units so the privately owned units may not be updated. The people at the front desk were great. There is a restaurant on the property but some guests don't care for the noise and the amount of people that come on the propery, but that could be one reason why the rates are resonable. This was not an issue for me. The only thing I wish would change is the seating in the living room. It has two twin beds instead of conventional seating like a sofa and it makes watching TV a bit uncomfortable. That is one reason why I may go to a condo next year. Thanks Julia for recommending Joey D's...great Italian food.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1234SM
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We love this beach---very beautiful sand--but watch out for the red ants and sand fleas---just make sure you put down a couple nice towels and you will be fine. We loved that it's not too crowded and the water is gorgeous on that side of the beach--located in naples. Also, park in the "PARK area" there are 5 areas in the park you can leave your car--i think we paid $6.00 to get in, but it's an all day pass. Stop at subway and grab lunch for the kids before you get to the beach and you can enjoy lunch on the beach--great view and sand is gorgeous--lots of shells too! Heard there were sanddollars, but we didn't find any :(

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sweetthang33
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I adore this place. We spent a gorgeous two days there during Thanksgiving week. We stayed in the new condo building across the street as we are a crew of 5. Mommy, Daddy, and 3 kids. :) The staff was exellent, from the valet guys, to the cabana guys, to the excellent front desk staff! I love the improvements since i visited last. My last visit was back in 03 before the remodeling and the condo building addition. The condos (2 bed 2 bath) were more than big enough to fit our family, and i adore the 360 degree water views. (we stayed in a deluxe corner unit condo with 2 screen porches). I love the fact that they bring your beach chairs, umbrellas and towels to you. We spent quite a bit of time on the beach as they made it so comfortable and accomadating, how could you not? Bring a lil cash to tip the cabana workers as they are very nice and will do everything for you, they deserve it! We enjoyed every moment of our stay and will be back soon! Thanks Vanderbilt---for a perfect holiday get-away!

Room Tip: Stay in a condo if you have a large family!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family