“Lovely”

Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Miami, FL.
“Lovely”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I adore this place. We spent a gorgeous two days there during Thanksgiving week. We stayed in the new condo building across the street as we are a crew of 5. Mommy, Daddy, and 3 kids. :) The staff was exellent, from the valet guys, to the cabana guys, to the excellent front desk staff! I love the improvements since i visited last. My last visit was back in 03 before the remodeling and the condo building addition. The condos (2 bed 2 bath) were more than big enough to fit our family, and i adore the 360 degree water views. (we stayed in a deluxe corner unit condo with 2 screen porches). I love the fact that they bring your beach chairs, umbrellas and towels to you. We spent quite a bit of time on the beach as they made it so comfortable and accomadating, how could you not? Bring a lil cash to tip the cabana workers as they are very nice and will do everything for you, they deserve it! We enjoyed every moment of our stay and will be back soon! Thanks Vanderbilt---for a perfect holiday get-away!

Room Tip: Stay in a condo if you have a large family!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Miamimami71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Vanderbilt Beach Resort is a clean, small hotel, perfectly located right on the beach. The staff is friendly and helpful, and readily available as you need them. It is two stories, so nice to be able to walk out of your room and be right on the beach. The beach is beautiful, and there are lounge chairs, umbrellas and towels for guests available. The room is just what I expected, except for one thing. I paid extra for a room with a balcony, and the balcony is just some chairs set up in front of the room (in the hallway). I don't believe there are any private balconies. The Turtle Club is a great restaurant at the hotel, located right on the beach. Fairly expensive, but the food was excellent. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a "balcony".
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alliars
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a nice accommodation. A bit pricy however at $160.00 per night. It is located right on the beach with a very good but again pricy restaurant located on the premises.
The room had a small kitchen with all of the appliances you would need if you were going to prepare meals there. Otherwise it was comfortable nothing special but very clean. There were some maintenance concerns with the room in that the bathroom door would not stay closed when someone was using the bathroom. We remedied this by using a door stop. No King beds so we slept in different beds for the first time. I can tell you this is not how we want to end up. lol
The beach is very narrow and it gets packed during the weekends it seems. We were not comfortable with all of the smoking right next to you, behind you, all around. Too much for us.
Everyone is nearly on top of each other as well. Just too congested and busy for us.

Room Tip: There are beach views and what is called bay side views, self explanatory.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1stMarine
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We recently stayed at two price-y hotels in Naples and Ft Lauderdale. This hotel costs less for a room and has free parking and free beach umbrellas, chaises, chairs, and towels. Rooms have kitchens, DVD players, comfortable beds, and are clean and quite adequate. Eat lunch on the beach at a great restaurant, The Turtle Club.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Emily M
Minnesota
Reviewed September 23, 2011

There is no other place on the beach in Naples that offers this great price and individualized service. The free covered parking is a huge plus. I have been coming here for years and it just keeps getting better. I love that it is close to the Vanderbilt Beach Road Whole Foods and shopping mall. Where else can you have a drink or dinner right on the beach (sand under your feet close) and watch the sunsets?

Room Tip: 2nd floor beach view my favorite
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jdreamer
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Perfect quiet getaway. The Turtle Club lives up to its reputation. The special one particular night (and I ate there at least 3 times) was an amazing duck platter. In fact, it was so amazing (and I never do this), I ordered TWO of them. With the cool sand between my toes, the torches glowing in the dusk after the sun had just dipped into the water...all the perfect ingredients for a setting that beats anything the Ritz had to offer in terms of shoreline atmosphere--and isn't that why you came to the beach in the first place? Ideal for couples, although I spent this trip alone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank msdallas2011
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I began going to the Vanderbilt 38 yrs ago when you could see the blacked out Dolphin football games there AND enjoy the beach too. Over the years, our family grew up to enjoy their appartments across the street and now we're back to us. They've changed too, along the way improved and the room we had was truly lovely, roomey and above all clean ! It's been redecorated and feels NEW even though we know how long it's been there.
What I got a real kick out of was the beach chairs they have now that come with a flag that you can raise to have drinks brought to your chair!! Loved it!! Loved it! The restaurant is somewhat pricey but it's the best game in town (on the beach). All in all I plan on going again soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple