“Top Notch Vacation!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed October 16, 2005

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Ritz Carlton Naples for our anniversary. We had a wonderful stay and would definitely visit again. We found the staff on all ends to be courteous, kind, and even remembered our names after the 1st day! Upon entering the lobby, I was amazed at the attention to detail, from silk draperies and exquisite furniture, to the bowl of fresh oranges and apples at the front desk.

Our room was a standard "Partial Ocean View"; I wished the room was a smidge bigger, and the only disappointment was that our bathroom, while nicely decorated and mostly marble, only had a standard tub/shower combo. I was hoping for a separate soaker tub, but I later learned they only offer that amenity in their suites. Also, the bed was extremely soft and comfortable, with a featherbed topper, 400TC linens and a down duvet.

We spent most of our time at the pool, which was just fabulous. The pool is heated, however, and was not quite refreshing in the blazing 90-degree heat. The pool staff was helpful and friendly and the waitstaff checked on us often to see if we'd care for lunch or drinks.

The only complaints I would have about the Ritz is due to the construction going on at the hotel. Our travel agent told us there was construction going on across the street, so I was surprised to see the hotel was in the process of renovating the guest rooms. The noise was somewhat disturbing, as our room was quite close to the workmen. My second concern was with the "mandatory" valet parking. We typically like to park our own car and come & go as we please, but apparently that's not an option. At $18/day, it was somewhat hard to swallow. But, all in all, we had a great time and the hotel is well deserving of it's 5-star rating, something other 5-star hotels we've been to aren't.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank redhead619
Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed October 6, 2005

I can't say enough about this wonderful resort ... This was our second time there and just as wonderful as the first time we stayed. You couldn't ask for more ... the rooms, the service, the pool, the lobby, the view, the grounds, etc. all perfect! We plan to stay again next year ... You won't be disappointed with this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank akawedge
Reviewed September 27, 2005

Fantastic resort. We had one of the newly refurbished rooms- beautiful - hardwood floors, soft carpeting, great bed- and a stunning view of the gulf.

I found the service to be top notch, especially the valets and the staff at the bar (liugi & nick) - the food was superb at every turn- staff always available for directions, bottled water, etc. spent much time at the pool area, found it to be relaxing, clean, with great service- nothing beats sitting by the pool eating flat bread of carmalized pear and blue cheese and sipping a mango tango in the sun- try one!! We never noticed the contstruction noises others have mentioned- i guess if you sit in your room all day and strain to be bothered you could find issues- but we really had a wondeful stay- the only problem we encountered was that we couldn't stay a few days more- wonderful hotel in a great town

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank maverick1653
Reviewed September 10, 2005

This is a beautiful resort with very nice rooms, but they need some help on the service. We came with a large group for business, and it took them hours to get our bags to the room, and they couldn't find 1 of our bags, so I had to go down and find it myself.

I had a service at the spa, which I found the manicurist to be a bit snooty, and though the services were excellent, I was checking out to found they overcharged me, which I had to argue with them to get corrected. They answer everything with "My Pleasure," yet you wonder if it really is.

While we didn't have any trouble getting poolside service, we did experience while we were at the adult pool, we started noticing many children suddenly entering. We inquired to one of the parents, to find there was an "accident" in the children's pool and it was temporarily closed for an hour. I think the Ritz needs to do a better job of monitoring this situation, as in that situation, adults are trying to enjoy the adult pool without being splashed and hearing screaming, yet when the children ruined their pool and invaded the adult pool area, the Ritz did nothing. We weren't pleased with that.

The food was good, the resort very beautiful, and the business rooms very accomodating. They just need to work on their service a bit.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank mmmhmm
Reviewed September 1, 2005

Hotel under major exterior renovation as well as interior renovation. Noise excessive and they don't even advertise it when you book. Renovation until late November.

7  Thank BenMassachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2005

I ventured to the Ritz Carlton for a three night get away. I have to admit, the special price was quite an incentive. The service was inconsistent. The doormen, front desk, room service and spa was out of this world. However, it was next to impossible to get service at the beach, pool and lounge. Although drinks were eventually delivered with an apology, which is nice, but I came for the service that the Ritz is well known for. The pool and beach were both clean and well kept. As a matter of fact, this was one of the nicest beaches I have ever been to in Florida. The room was also clean and quite comfortable. Balconies did intrude on one another's privacy. It was very disturbing when people sreamed to their friends on the balconies below and beside them especially at 7:30am. In preparing for the hurricane many restaurants had to close and a movie screen was set up in the bar for the children to watch "Disney" movies. Being a teacher and trying to enjoy my last few days of freedom I was disturbed by the fact that I could not go to a bar lounge without children being present. Lastly, the concerige was quite rude and would not help me with getting transportation to Old Naples.
That being said, the Ritz could be a fantastic hotel. They just need to iron out some of their policies and hire more reliable staff.

7  Thank 1teacher
Reviewed August 27, 2005

My wife and I just returned from the Ritz Carlton, Naples and as always it was a pleasure. Reading the reviews most are positive and that is FACT. With any negative reviews some are warranted and we can only assume extreme circumstances with those reviews in regards to this hotel. We have stayed here over 20 nights in the last 2 years. Staff is always quick to assist, rooms clean, club level great, all positives. It is true that the hotel is getting older, but one must remember it is on the beach and salt water has a time with hardware and such. But, it is the best I have ever seen with a staff always working to counter act the salt water damage to the property. Also, the spa is fabulous. If you mention you dont want to pay they might try to make you still for the day of use. Just call the front desk and ask for the manager on duty. Remember each Ritz Carlton staff person has the ability to make your 100% happy. Perhaps that is why we all stay there for the quickness and excellant service. We will continue to go back to this property

3  Thank RussianRob